The Official 'I Hated AoE' Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kraken, Jun 28, 2014.

1. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One thing i realized. All the people who voice their negative opinions here, are not the same people who go to watch the movie. I saw it on a Sunday afternoon, and the crowd was waay into it.

2. jamjam101

News Credits:
    why do movies like Battleship tank and not TF?

3. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Huh?

4. demonoid111

demonoid111 Destron

Because battleship =/= transformers, and maybe because the general public likes transformers.

5. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    I really need to explain it? Probably not, because I'm pretty sure you know what I meant despite your snark. But just in case...

The Autobots were caricatures, not characters. Thus they had on-screen antics, not anything that explores depth of character. Do any of them have a backstory? Did any of them have any meaningful conversation between each other? Did any of them have a character arc? Nope, just an accent or quirk to accompany the CGI animation. Apparently that's enough.

6. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I was very disappointed in the film despite enjoying the first three. It was just sad and made me feel dead inside. Bay had given up trying and it really fucking showed.

AGREE:
    DISAGREE:

7. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    Because by the time Battleship came out, everyone could recognize it as "The Transformers Formula, but with Boats", everyone agreed that it was a stupid idea, and they didn't like it.

8. Drunk-Wheeljack

Drunk-Wheeljack MrTomo

Hated it

I cannot believe that they made Grimlock and the other dinobots...oh wait, sorry, I mean the "Knights" into drooling, spitting, scrap metal that did nothing but flop around on screen and show up for such little time

9. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

I saw this today, and when it made me realize what live action Transformers could be, it made me not only dislike this movie, but now the whole movieverse franchise.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LHWPvwD8Xk[/youtube]

10. jamjam101

News Credits:
    Then why TF4 still make butloads of doe? That's my point. everyone ON the internet rips these movies but the ones that are truly shit movies are the ones that tank at the B.O.

11. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Well, the majority of the public and critics that actually went to see both movies disagree with that (via rotten tomatoes, imdb, and metacritic scores).

What makes you think that the people in this thread, who are able to reference specific scenes in the movie didn't go see it?

And BTW, my crowd groaned at TF, but cheered over and over again during Godzilla (and both of our accounts are anecdotal and proof of nothing anyway).

Nope. July 4th movie with months of a massive marketing campaign pretty much guarantee a strong opening weekend for a sequel.

What's really important is where it lands after negative word of mouth keeps up. I'd be surprised if despite its strong (but over estimated) opening, it doesn't drop off a cliff in week 2, and 3 and just disappear.

I could be wrong, but I think Guardians, Hobbit, and Hunger Games will way out gross TF when it's all tallied up at the end of the year.