The Official '16-'17 NCAA Football Thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

It's tough to say right now. This has been the most exciting season of college football I've seen in a long time, and there are plenty of scenarios that can cause chaos in the CFP rankings. If they lose to Colorado though, they're definitely out because they don't seem to respect the PAC-12 this year. If Clemson loses to Virginia Tech (which is more possible than I think people realize since Clemson has played most teams close this year, and VT beat the one team Clemson lost to), they could be out too. If Penn State wins and if one of those two scenarios happens, I think they definitely get in (crossing my fingers for it to happen. God forbid they lose, Wisconsin might not get in since they lost to Ohio State at home unless they get help. Michigan is still fifth right now, but I expect that to change after Championship Week, and the CFP rankings prefer teams to lose early and finish hot. The way I see it now, this is my top four prediction:
    1. Alabama
    2. Ohio State
    3. Washington
    4. Penn State

Any way you slice it, someone is probably getting screwed.

2. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Several online resources believe that Colorado might be the party crashers this year since they went from dead last in the Pac-12 South to the top. We will see how they do against Washington in the Championship.

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Since I don't think OSU is gonna drop from the playoff, I think it's more likely for them plus the B1G champ to make it in over the Pac-12 champ, with the assumption that Clemson beats Virginia Tech.

4. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

I find it a little insulting that they'd consider Penn State over Wisconsin given UW's schedule and wins.

Not to mention the Badgers are already ranked higher, like why would Penn State bunny hop them.

5. Rusty24

That's why the Conference Championship is so important. It would then give Penn State a better record and a late season head to head advantage. If Penn State wins, that gives them two top ten wins (one of those against the #2 team in the country), a conference championship, and nine wins in a row. The thing is, would a win be enough for either team to jump Michigan (which it should if a conference championship means anything).

6. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Washington has earned their spot. If they don't get in then the system is fixed.

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is no way Florida will beat Alabama for the SEC title.

8. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Oh, Colorado crashed alright. :lol 

9. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

The fact that there is even a discussion about how Washington might not get in is pure stupidity. It makes me feel they are going to get screwed.

10. Rusty24

This year really is going to show the flaw of a four team play-off no matter what. I don't necessarily agree with going to an eight team play-off. I think people forget that these athletes are still college students, and that would be too much. I think six would do, and you do it like the NFL where the conference champions all claim the top four spots, and then you have two wild cards that have the highest ranking but no conference championship. The top two ranked conference champions get a bye week while everyone else plays in the wild card round.

11. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats to Washington...it was a well fouget first half then showed that they belong in the big Bowl games.

I am still proud of Colorado after having a 11 year drought.

12. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

The only way it's going to get screwed up now is if Clemson loses. Otherwise it's pretty much a no-brainer. Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Washington. There's no way they put in a two loss team over any of those.

13. Rusty24

It's starting. We are!

14. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

15. Rusty24

WE ARE THE BIG 10 CHAMPIONS! That was an amazing comeback. I was a little more worried this time because Wisconsin is the best team we've played since Ohio State. However, Penn State did what they usually do and make adjustments that allow them to dominate in the second half. They scored 24 points in the second half and only held Wisconsin to 3. Trace McSorley is still the most underrated quarterback in college football. He broke the single season Penn State passing yards record and the Big Ten Championship Game's record in one night in addition to having four touchdowns. There is no one better at throwing a deep ball. Grant Haley might be the most clutch defensive player on the team. He made the two biggest stops in the two biggest games this year.

Unfortunately, Clemson and Washington refused to suck for one game, so they will likely just miss out on a CFP berth. The Rose Bowl is a huge accomplishment though, and I only expected an 8-4 season and to go to some crap like the Foster Farms Bowl. Everyone thought this program was dead a few short years ago, but new people came in with a lot of passion to keep it alive, and they really brought the pride back to Happy Valley. I am extremely proud to be a Penn State fan and student right now.

Plus, this is a young team in its first year without sanctions. Imagine next year if they get some great offensive line recruits.

16. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I hate Penn State. Like really hate them. They deserved the death penalty and I'll forever hold that against them.

But they deserve to get in over Ohio St.

17. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Unfortunately for Penn State, two losses is still two losses. I just can't see them knocking out one of the one loss teams. We'll find out in a few short hours though.

18. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

So all the drama of who should get in, and it ends up being who most people thought it would be.

19. Rusty24

I'm just happy we're at number 5, and on the way to the Rose Bowl. I only expected a 20th ranking at best at the start of the season. Still, we should have knocked Ohio State out of it.

20. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    At this point, i just want to know who we're (OU) playing.