The Official '13-'14 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Fricken Sharks. If you chokers had only won ONE MORE fricken game...

2. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

3. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I swear I thought that jersey said Jabroni...

4. seali_me

I mean congrats Kings!

5. BooyakaDragon

News Credits:
    What a playoff run my good lord. Took down 2 teams we despised, took down the team that knocked us out last year, and now we're Stanley Cup Champions again for the 2nd time in 3 years, I feel so good right. So worth staying up until 6:30am for this game. It's back in Los Angeles where it belongs, and I hope we can keep it there for many more seasons to come. WAY TO GO GUYS :) 

I want to extend my hands to the Rangers fans here tonight, Alucard, Predakwon and I'm sure there are others as well. You guys treated me (Pretty much the only Kings fan on this forum lol) with respect and ya'll definitely were into this playoff series. Rangers fans are always known as uh..."bad" people, but ya'll were shining lights, all of you have my respect as a hockkey fan and member of these forums. Thank You :D 

6. seali_me

Nice thread guys! See you next season!

Next time I get a migraine, pass me that Stanley Cup please. :p 

Enjoy man. Enjoy.

7. BooyakaDragon

News Credits:
    I just got a call from my Dad, he's deployed right now (Army) and he's been a Kings fan since he was little and it's because of him I'm a Kings fan. Sucks he couldn't be here to celebrate....

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now on to the 2014 NHL Draft. Will Florida keep the 1st pick or trade it?

9. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I went to an awesome reggae concert last night, so I only got to here the second OT in the car. Needless to say I am crushed, but I cannot complain. The Kings are clearly the beast team of the NHL and the Rangers pushed them to 5 OTs. So technically we played almost 7 games. Not the way I wanted it.

I just hope people don't look at the Rangers and say, eh we knew they would lose in 5. This series could have gone the Rangers 4-1.

I also hope the Rangers can continue to win and make it back here. We need Nash to be Nash again. We need a bigger Center. And we will need to find a replacement for St. Louis as well. But I like what we have.

As for Lundqvist, I am happy he did all he could in games 4 and 5. He showed he could raise his game. Now lets hope we get back here and win it next year.

Btw, I always listen to sports radio, but I really cannot this week. I cannot hear anything about the Rangers and some people bitching or bad mouthing them. I think no one picked them to go this far. This team had a great year and I am proud to be Ranger fan.

As for LA fans. You should be super happy. That is a beast you have there. I bet they have a couple more SC in them. Pretty insane.

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Living in LA and surrounded by people who are die hard Kings fans, this loss was a lot tougher to take than I expected. My hats are off to the Kings for being so resilient and clutch during the playoffs. Coming back from 0-3 hole was definitely a defining moment for them, and they carried the momentum all the way to their 2nd cup win. It's disheartening to wait 20 years only to see your team winning 1 game during the finals, but that's life I guess.

I hope the brass at Rangers will not sit on their laurels and actually do things this offseason to make this team better and address many of its shortcomings. Bringing in bigger, tougher players who can score during clutch moments will help.

11. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Congrats to the Kings.. ( and Thanks)

The Cup will be in Manchester NH at the end of August/ beginning of September for their AHL team! ( Sadly they only have 2 more years left in New Hampshire before they move to Sacramento Ca - AHL is realigning with the NHL)

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

14. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    How are none of these Centers rumored to go the Rangers. It is the one big gap for the Rangers. And the Rangers just went to the finals. We get a beast center and we can make another great run.

Why would a center not want to come here.

Btw, I was thinking about this the other day. As much as Torts got the Rangers to be good enough to play in the Finals, is as much as he cost us the cup. If he didn't teach them to throw their bodies at the puck, there would have been a lot less deflected shots, and Lundqvist would have had much better opportunities to make saves.

16. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

17. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

I would love to see Kesler in Chicago. Don't know what I would give up for him though...

Chuck

18. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Honestly, I can understand a player being sick of being under the scrutiny of a Canadian market. I've seen it so many times here in Vancouver, any time a player has a bad stretch, people start calling for blood. They also can't go anywhere in public without being recognized. The anonimity of the Sun belt teams, especially the ones that are still contenders would be a way better atmosphere to play in. No wonder the Cup hasn't been hoisted here in over 20 years.

19. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
  20. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay: