The Official '13-'14 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't mean you, Prowlimus. I can respect your analysis

Note, I never used the word "trip". That would imply he would have fell forward. And I believe you said you skated, too, right? I do as well and am very active in winter sports.

Kreider was charging the net, his right leg went up to stride forward, but Emelin knocked his right leg. Kreider tried to brake but his right leg was knocked too far back and essentially tried to brake on one leg (or in a split).

Not sure if you could stop, but I definitely cannot stop on one leg, esp when weighing 200+ or going at that speed.

You can believe this theory or not, but Emelin's stick MOST DEFINITELY hit Kreider leg to the point it bends.

[​IMG]

Diff angel (but not my txt so take that for what you will):
    [​IMG]

Super slo mo:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVB1hKx8ehA

And at a split second I can't react to anything knocking me off balance (full speed video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqo-FohCbQ

Price being knocked out is unfortunate, most definite. I never delighted in seeing someone injured. I'd be upset if Lundqvist was out.

But we both know Price being out wasn't the main reason the Habs lost. Bassard was injured in game one and Stephan played with a broken jaw. Rangers had key injuries, too

Again take it for what you will, but I respect your attitude on letting it go.

But crying and then digging on NYC, childish....

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Apparently, Quick will maybe be the goalie with the worst save percentage since 1990 to win the Cup.

Attached Files:

3. Remington

Remington Banned

I think that's kind of null and void when you look and see who has the best save percentage on that list.

Yeah, Quick.

And he's about two win his second cup in three years. I doubt he or anyone on the team gives a shit.

4. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty much this^

5. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

:lol  Exactly.

And what about the percentage on Kreider taking out a goalie? :p 

Bah. Why you guys even bring this up?

I just want a good final.

6. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    What's Lundqvist's save percentage this series? I wonder if it is under .900.

Oh yeah, "King" Lundqvist's save percentage in the final is a whooping 0.892.

Yeah, KING!

8. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Okay, back on the Lundqvist hating bandwagon.

I keep hearing, "oh if it wasn't for Lundqvist we wouldn't be here" bullshit. It is bullshit.

In the playoffs, we have allowed 25 or fewer shots on the KING 11 times. 4 of those times it was less then 15 shots on goal. It's not like he has had to stand on his head for a whole series AT ALL!

The only series he MAY have done anything mentionable is against the Penquins. Here are his saves:

43 40 CUP
    44 39
    15 12
    102 91 0.892156863

22 20 Conference Final
    41 40
    25 22
    21 20
    19 15
    18 18
    146 135 0.924657534

29 27 Penquins
    34 32
    15 13
    27 23
    32 31
    37 36
    36 35
    210 197 0.938095238

15 14 Flyers
    24 21
    32 31
    25 23
    26 24
    23 19
    27 26
    172 158 0.918604651

He was average against the Flyers. Stepped up against the Penquins. Rangers made life easy for him againt the Habs. And he has been horrendous against the Kings.

I am sorry, but how are you expected to win the cup with a sub .9 save percentage in the finals?

You want to look at where to put blame, you start with Lundqvist. Sure, then you can move to Nash.

But if Lundqvist makes 1 save in the first 2 games, we have our shot.

Plus I am so fucking tired of hearing about the DEFLECTIONS of the puck for the score. Challange the shooter, and be in proper location, and the Deflections wont ALWAYS SCORE.

Fuck Lundqvist.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    But if the Kings win the Cup, it won't be because Quick was stellar in the net. Not this year. I'm saying that, because some folks still think he deserves the Smythe, which is utterly absurd. The guy's surfing on his reputation right now.

10. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tell us how you really feel. :lol 

So would you rather have someone else, or just have in play his peak (unless you think this is it)?

But for me, it's not all about him. If game 3 was another 3-2 game, ok. But there was no offense. It'd just go to overtime just to have our hearts broken again. No way is he the biggest issue.

I feel your pain, hard to justify Henrik's salary, but I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have right now.

11. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I don't think that I want some one else. But I think Lundqvist is playing at his peak. Even the lucky bounces. You cannot have all lucky bounces, and everyone is making it seem that way this series. Look at Quick. Dude is crazy glued to the ice. Try to score low on a deflection, and it's not gonna happen. Lundqvist, you can score low on deflections on him. You can score glove side on him.

For me, just take away the King nickname. He is just a human goaly. Nothing spectacular and legendary. Yes, he is one of the top in the league, but just like Nash, he doesn't know how to raise his game. His game stays consistent.

Any winner needs to raise their game to new heights for each level they go up. I feel like Lundqvist can win the cup, but only if we get there another 2 or 3 times, and he is use to the pressure that the cup brings.

As for game 3, seeing Quick made me realize just how damn bad Lundqvist is doing. Quick made 2 or 3 saves that no human being has any right ever of making. That could have easily been a 3-3 game. Seeing him in action just made what Lundqvist has been doing that much worse.

Also, not sure how you could say we had no offense that game. We had 32 shots on goal. Sure we didn't have the middle of the ice. But we still had 2 or 3 break a way chances. Then we still had those other 3 amazing shots to score. Just Quick outplayed us.

If anything, LA had no offense.

12. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fair enough. But you have to consider how good the Kings are.

If you're going to use shots on goal, Rangers under Torts were the most offensive team in the Universe. :lol 

I remember going to this game SOG Rangers 42 vs Avalanche 20. Final score 3-1 Avalanche. A big WTF
    Colorado Avalanche at New York Rangers - 03/17/2012

13. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, we had quality shots on goals. You know we did. That score should have easily been 3-3 at the VERY least. It's not like we had slap shots from the blue line with no one screening Quick.

As for Lundqvist. Just to go back to that.

I know your a baseball guy, so let's use a couple of analogies from baseball.

Bernie Williams. He will never sniff the Hall of Fame. Meanwhile he is one of the greatest post season players to ever play the game. That is what I am expecting of Lundqvist.

Lundqvist will never be Bernie Williams. Initially I was going to say he was like ARod, because just like with ARod, we won the series when he played well. But that would be unfair to Lundqvist, because his game doesn't shrink. It just doesn't grow either.

The other thing is, there are very few positions in sports were a single player can dictate a game. A pitcher for instance. A great playoff pitcher will have a guy behind him make a horrible error. What does he do, he goes out and strikes out the next guy, or even the side, so the error is forgotten.

In this series, Lundqvist gave up a goal on all the errors the Rangers made. Instead of picking up his team and making them feel like it is okay to make an error, they made them think, shit, we have to be perfect. So in turn, their game has gone down vs. up.

So while yes, he is not the only issue on the team. He is the one player that needs to step it up. He can lift the spirits of his whole team with his play alone. You cannot say that about any other guy out there. They simply don't have the same impact.

When you then take that player and call him the King, you expect him to live up to his name.

I equate it to giving Clemens the ball in a WS. Sure his ERA is a 3, but you don't need him to put up his ERA, you need him to put up a shut out or a 1 spot.

14. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Yeah, but ithe pucks aren't in the net. End of the day, that's what matters to me.

Don't get me wrong, not arguing with you here and I see your analogy. hahaha

15. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

LOL @ Alucard...

You should consider becoming a Canucks fan, you sound just like them.

Lundqvist is a great goalie and any team in the league should be happy to have him. Playing goalie at the proffesional leval must be the most annoying job in sports. This is exactly what happened to Luongo in the 2011 Finals. The team didn't win, but somehow he was the only one that the fans decided to blame.

My suggestion would be to support your team and be happy they made it this far. 28 other teams didn't.

16. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hahaha

I was rooting pretty hard for you guys in 2011. Oh well

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    .8922 saving percentage, I think that says enough. 3 goals on 15 shots in a must win game, says enough.

He is a great REGULAR season goalie. He is an AVERAGE post season goalie. Bernie Williams was an AVERAGE regular season player and GREAT POST Season player.

He is not the king. He doesn't own the ice. He doesn't raise his game like other goalies have before him in playoff series.

He is consistent. What he does in the regular season, he does in the playoffs. Then he has mental fart games, at least 1 per series.

But he is not legendary, and he won't carry a team to the finals. Quick did the first time around. Now they are carrying him. Lundqvist, not so much.

BTW, when it's been 20 years, it's hard just being here and seeing your SUPER STAR player being AVERAGE or in the cup's case, BELOW AVERAGE.

18. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I just finished my sophomore year of high school.

I got my LA Jersey ready for tonight.

Let's do dis!

19. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I am debating wearing that Messier Jersey, but I don't want to tarnish the luck it brought me thus far.

Maybe if we get this to game 6, I will pull it out for that.

20. Remington

Remington Banned

Again, refer to the last sentence of my previous post. I don't think he's worried about the Smythe, he's got a more important trophy in his view. As long as he shows up and makes the big saves like he has been lately, who cares what the percentage is?