The Official 11'-12' NHL Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

Isn't that what happened? The guy cross checked Kopecky in the head and paid the price for it.

Chuck

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah and then Rupp attacked Kopecky and got away with it.

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Let's go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock 

4. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Bryz spilled the beans on who would be starting in goal for the Winter Classic, to Laviolette's chagrin. Pete doesn't look too happy to be questioned about it in his press conference.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I really want to support the NHL and the Winter Classic, but them moving it to the second just pisses me off. This is the 4th year of the annual tradition and because it goes against the NFL, the NHL and NBC decide to move it to Jan 2nd in the middle of the day.

Now its intended to be a new year tradition but at the first sign of a ratings problem, they decide to change it? Doesn't really help the NHL's case about being a respected league in professional sports. Also, it may be the observed holiday but a lot of people still need to work tomorrow and cannot watch it.

6. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. LemonPrime

News Credits:
    Rangers Coach John Tortorella fined $30,000 for saying what most of us were thinking regarding the officiating in the Winter Classic.

8. OptimusScream

OptimusScream 5 SECOND LEADER

News Credits:
    7-3 habs vs Winnipeg lolz
    Eller 4 goals lolz

9. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Flyers beat the Blackhawks 5-4. What a game!!!!! :rock 

10. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    I would like to hear what others around the league think of this. honestly. I didn't see the game because of both work and boycotting the change of date but would really like to know what was overlooked.

Also, if Boston would have scored one more goal tonight, wouldn't Calgary have gotten kicked out of both Canada and the NHL? 9-0, ouch.

11. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems Florida is going back to their old self by losing most of their games. I expect Tallon will make trades before the deadline.

Tallon might try and get Rick Nash since he might waive his no-trade clause.

12. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Their starting goalie is also injured so that has to play some factor.

And speaking of starting goalies, Ryan Miller better get his shit together quick.

And speaking of getting their shit together, the Blackhawks better get their heads out of their asses by game time tomorrow or Detroit is going to do unspeakable things to them.

13. LemonPrime

News Credits:
    Shame about that since it seems they were on their way to being a good, respectable playoff team. At least you can expect Tallon to do SOMETHING. Sabres fans like myself aren't so lucky.

Miller's been slowly improving, but he hasn't allowed less than 3 goals in a really long time and he really needs to stop dropping into butterfly position the second a shooter crosses the blue line. Everyone's figured him out. Even stone-handed goons know to shoot high glove-side first chance they get. His D isn't much help. They're routinely collapsing into a tiny box directly in front of Miller and allowing 40+ shots on average. That said, the forwards need to get it together. Vanek and Pominville can't score all of their goals.

I've been a supporter of Lindy Ruff up until this year. His coaching moves are simply baffling now. He's putting Patrick Kaleta on the ice at crucial times when they're down a goal (and let's face it, 90% of the time, they're down at least by one), he's burying Zack Kassian with 3rd and 4th liners like Kaleta, Gaustad, and Matt Ellis, he insists on putting Luke Adam (their 3rd best scorer) on the same lines as if he's suddenly going to make Goose a scorer, and he keeps rewarding Stafford's lazy play with time on the power play. Don't get me started on their power play. I wish there was a "decline man advantage" option since they generally allow more shots on the PP than they take. Jeremy Roenick annoys the hell out of me, but the man is right when he says the Sabres are struggling to win the games they do win, and losing to teams they should beat.

14. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    You are right on all counts. Stafford was a beast last year and this year, he is playing like he doesn't give a damn. The D is just awful all around. And the offense is a mess. They have the ability to win and with some line changes, they can. But I have no idea what they did with the real Lindy who would bench a slacker but they need him back.

15. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Tallon was making a statement when he traded Booth several months ago. So he will probably do it again.

They are playing against Vancouver Monday night. I expect them to lose that game.

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

Michael Camalleri traded during last night's game in Boston.

Kind of odd to do it in the middle of a match... he was pulled for the 3rd period

18. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was watching the NHL Network this morning and they said Montreal have made some curious moves this season.

19. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

Hawks right back in it.

I am in love with their team defense since Sharp has gone down with injury. I hope we're seeing an identity evolving for Chicago.

20. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was shocked to see ex-NHLer Darren McCarty hired to work at a pawn store lastnight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.