The Notebook, staring Downshift??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Darth Megatron, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful chart, Nevermore, where did you get it?

2. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

What?? They are robots!!! And that was not the point. When I was younger I took the Bios as cannon for the toys I had. If I had an action figure I would want some action based bio about how cool, powerful, smart or strong he was, not some sappy love story about looking for some lifemate. I may seem that I am splitting hairs, but it is a discussion and I do not like this Transformer marriage thing. You may all like the idea of two robots getting together and knocking boots, Maybe your waiting for a Arcee dream home complete with family and real working kitchen and a baby that goes pee like a big robot. You can take Arcee shopping at the Cybertron mall with all her friends and hang out with Polly pocket and Thunderblast.

What happened to action?

Indecently I like the Pimp Bio, it works for him.

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    but they are sentient robots, which means mimicking human emotions isnt out the question....therefore once in awhile, some will be nonviolent (ratchet) and prefer a lifemate style of living....now you may not agree, but thats just how it is sometimes....

4. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

Quick, somebody get this guy a Burrito while we convince Hasbro to block out the strangely ambiguous G1 love triangle between Arcee, Hotrod, and Springer...

For those about to Overreact about a tidbit of fiction (for no other reason than it's not your cup of tea), i salute you... :spam 

5. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Boys shouldn't be subjected to concepts such as love and feminie life partners! No, they need to be raised on the values of fighting the good war and crushing evil in all it's forms while forsaking everything else in life. I say down with domestication and up with blowing shit up for the sake of making a large explosion and possibly taking out the bad guy.

*Runs off to play with his My Little Ponies and Barbies. Hehe, my little ponies are the midget horses on Barbie's fun ranch*

6. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Ok.....
    1: Yeah, I'd be thrilled if they finally made an Arcee and were able to successfully market TFs to girls.

2: Nothing happened to the action, last I heard there's still a fuckton of it. Those are missle launchers on Downshift, not mascara applicators.

3: The absolute best part of this thread is that you can't back down even a little bit.

7. Darth Megatron

Who said what now about a burrito???

I though Arcee was hitting up Danial??

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot *º*Hockey mom and coach*º*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah what the hell!!! Where is my G1 arcee :cry 

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually, now my wife might like at least one of my 1020 TFs! This calls for a poll!

10. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Darth Megatron doesn't want you to have one. It's all his fault.

11. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  12. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    And we're discussing... it's just that many opinions differ from yours. If you were looking for everyone to just say "I agree with you" that's not a discussion.

And what fun would it be if we couldn't make sarcastic remarks about the nitpicking?

You want a bio about how cool, powerful, smart, or strong each character is? So every character has to be cool, powerful, smart, or strong? If every character's like that it really diminishes the value of each.... like too many toys have tech spec numbers way too high. If everyone's got 10 for strength and firepower then they're all badasses! But if everyone is a badass, then really no one is.

Personally I also appreciated and was more interested in the bios that gave personality quirks and weaknesses, something that made the character unique, not the standard, simple, powerful soldier over and over and over again.

13. Darth Megatron

ilovedinobot, do you love dinobot because he is a nice guy or a badass? Nobody likes the nice guy.

Pics from Nefud's collection...Zing!!!

Now aside from the lovely 3 (or so) ladies that post here, what other girl wants to buy a Arcee doll? Not action figure, doll.

14. Darth Megatron

Not really what I meant, I want more opinions, just defending the validity of the thread.

In this case they are toys, all toys can be badasses, why not. If they weren't then we would have more Wheelies in our collections. Do you really want that??

15. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I love him because he is awesome! I just love his character.... I can go on forever, but one thing off the top of my head was in one episode Optimus gets that bug that makes him agressive and when he wakes up Dinobot is watching over him and left him a flower in his quarters <3 so cute! Of course I loved his honor and such.

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    well, a transformers arcee doll that didnt transform would be stupid...but a tranformable arcee, even the likes of energon arcee, is awesome...and im glad override is a girl, and i like chromia, or whatever her name is, i think girl tf's rock....airrazor, black arachnia, elita1, arcee....all very cool characters, even with the romantic stories they all had with other characters...

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Action figures, dolls, same stuff, different smell.

18. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    No, all toys cannot be badasses. Being a badass is comparative, no one can be a badass unless there is some one weaker. If everyone's portrayed as a "badass" than they're actually all equals and no one stands above as a "badass".

I feel a collection needs variety, not more Wheelies per se, but perhaps more Waspinators or more Perceptors or more Huffers or more Bumblebees or more Beachcombers, etc.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Or, in this case, more Downshifts ;) 

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    But--but! Waspinator had plans! He didn't have time for stupid battles and Downshift and his stupid ghey straight emotions of love!