The New Rise of the Beasts Set Photos, Leaks, and Interviews Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Josuez5, Mar 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shodab

shodab Member

Well this is just weirdly wrong. Having reshoots in no way means they are ADDING scenes. it's right there in the name, they could be RESHOOTING things that were already in the movie. reshoots can be for many different reasons, the angles weren't right, they didn't get the coverage they needed for the VFX to fit in, could be so many things.

• Like Like x 5
  2. PrimeBot

PrimeBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its pathetic but I'm not surprised

• Like Like x 4
  3. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

I will never understand why someone would waste years of their lives, hanging out in hobby forums, just to belittle people's connection to their hobby and generally persuade them to "touch grass".

I mean... Why do this to yourself, first of all. If you have nothing to contribute, why waste everyone's time and your own?

Sure, a character's design in a movie, isn't an actually serious issue. But this is a hobby forum. It's serious enough for the context of the particular discussions taking place here. Stop flamebaiting people.

• Like Like x 6
  4. MirageROTB

MirageROTB Banned

Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    It would be more understandable if the head change was done to become a racist stereotype. BUT that is not what is happening here, it's just a head with glasses that doesn't resemble the source material.

5. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Agreed, Wheeljack’s (mainly his G1 design versions) is like in my top 5 for Autobot characters. And this just sucks and I hate it. But it is not stopping me from seeing the film.
    Same I’m gen Z, grew up with the Bayverse so I’m use to different designs. But I think this like shot also.

• Like Like x 4
  6. MirageROTB

MirageROTB Banned

Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Aight lets change the topic.
    What do you think of Nightbird's design?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I would'nt mind this as an option as some sort of enhanced vision mode or something - but it's going to be a goofy character that reminds people of the Twins and we all know it. You don't parody Steve Urkel and then not deliver.

Ah yes, when someone designs and creates a product your default is to insult the people buying the product and ignore any and all blame on those who role it was to oversee all of this.

The only 'fucking embarassing' thing here is the depths of poor quality product you are willing to accept and your attempt to insult others here for having an issue with it.

Granted the blame should be on a variety of people, but the director almost certainly had a say in how the character should be portrayed. You don't go Steve Urkel without that also being part of your scripts and it fits with the leaked script which implies he's a nerd who makes sex jokes towards Arcee for the whole film. The design and the characterisation are certainly tied which means the director should get a level of blame.

• Battletrap and Nightbird are good.
    • Scourge looks generic, I hope he gets a flaming/powered-up form for the final battle that we'd see on toys.
    • Optimus looks 'eh' with the whole mouth aspect
    • Mirage looks alright from the unfinished transformation.
    • Bumblebee at the moment looks alright, but nothing really drastic.
    • Wheeljack is probably the worst thing I've seen associated with this movie, I'm unsure why you'd want to remind your audience of the Twins from RotF
    • Airazor looks good, either version of her
    • Primal looks a bit underwhelming with little changing between his main and alt-mode and the unfinished transformation looked gappy

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  8. papiprime

papiprime Tu Papi

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

The bot designs aren’t woke, sorry I should’ve been more clear. I was actually referring to the choice in voice actors and how they appeal to Gen Z. I’m mostly just super bitter that Liza is voicing Arcee. I really wanted Grey Griffin.
    Why would you have a person with no voice acting experience and no real acting experience voice a character like that. Especially to choose her over a professional who’s dedicated her life to voice acting. Grey Griffin has voiced Arcee before too. I can overlook Skeet Davidson as Mirage.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. I think @TUROK1134 is forgetting that this is a fandom site where all of us here, for the most part, are clinically insane. This is the same site where people literally dissect a Transformer's scale and throw a fit if a character is an inch shorter than they were in (insert favorite iteration of said character here). While I agree with Turok that people insulting Caple Jr. is going too far, people still have the right to voice their opinion regardless of which side they're on, or however petty it may be. Likewise, people also have the right to disagree and reply to said disagreements, thus starting an infinite loop of discussions that are called arguments. It's normal fan behavior. It shouldn't be, but that's how it is when people that love something so much disagree on how it is handled. Your general Transformers fan or audience member don't give a damn about how Wheeljack looks because they either are unaware he exists or they simply don't care. However, fans here on this site care a bit too much. Which is why we're all here in the first place. To debate, discuss, and dissect shit no one else cares about.

10. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

Well... Judging by the toy... It's just a sort of Nightbird-looking face, stuck in some random car-bot body. I guess, by movie standards, it's better than most interpretations.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JonzyYT

JonzyYT Studio Series is great again!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I love the idea of the glasses splitting up to form the fins. And let's just hope he does have a mask and assume he only uses it during battle.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
  13. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    Okay on a positive note, I love the shoulder wheel well design. 88880310-CAD8-4AEC-B97C-E41C12606FB2.jpeg
    Reminds me of how they did WJ in aligned, both Prime and Fall of Cybertron WJ have similar shoulders BA404594-10A6-4823-8A0F-5A523AFFC7B5.jpeg FEAB5A2F-B02A-43CD-AE86-601BCB67E7D5.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  14. KickCounterkick

KickCounterkick Where's Legacy Ricochet at? Poor guy needs a break

Yeah same, but I also watched A LOT of Animated, Prime, and G1. And then Bumblebee came out and I got spoiled with good designs

• Like Like x 3
  15. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  16. papiprime

papiprime Tu Papi

It’s exactly that my boy, don’t you watch movies of this caliber? Marvel does it, DC as well. You go from looking at a beautiful set or background to then all of a sudden seeing someone in front of a green screen all in the same scene… in other words, adding new scenes. Also, the guy even posted pictures of himself on Instagram in a jungle getup saying that he’s being added into more scenes.

17. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    The design team thinking they did a good job designing WJ after Caples and Lorenzos input:

95D76893-2AB0-4682-A153-8D9088329C49.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. shodab

shodab Member

Yes, I am aware how movies work shockingly. But you, or anyone else on here has no idea what THIS movie is doing.

"Also, the guy even posted pictures of himself on Instagram in a jungle getup saying that he’s being added into more scenes."

That could mean anything from adding a single line, adding an extra conversation, to adding several entire sequences. Making judgements based on reshoots makes absolutely no sense. In the same way that judging a movie based on test screenings and leaks makes no sense.

• Like Like x 2
  19. PrimeBot

PrimeBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well many of us saw Bumblebee. But in my case it didn't make me fixated on the designs and how they should look (mostly cause I never cared to see the G1 designs on the big screen and don't think these movies need to take things from one specific show or part of this brand).
    While I enjoyed Bumblebee, looks like that movie has made people even more negative towards changes in this franchise.
    If it bothers you that much to the point you don't want to see a movie cause of that then its pathetic.
    I know we are all fans here and passionate about this stuff. But maybe chill out a bit and wait till the movie comes out.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MirageROTB

MirageROTB Banned

Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Actually I wanna see robot Tsumugi Shirogane Wheeljack's Deluxe toy get repainted into Exhaust. I think it kinda works!
    I'm welcome to see non-movie repaints in the ROTB line. I think Nightbird could be repainted into Shadow Striker too. Maybe Mirage into Dead End as well.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.