The New Rise of the Beasts Set Photos, Leaks, and Interviews Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Josuez5, Mar 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MirageROTB

MirageROTB Banned

Instagram:
    Youtube (New):
    Honestly... if I was in charge of writing the plot of ROTB and developing the story stuff, I wouldn't use Unicron and the Terrorcons. I would instead replace them with the Cybertronian Empire from G2 and remove the Unicron link.

I mean, the Cybertronian Empire does not like both Autobots and Decepticons, same like the Terrorcons.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lord Kaukazus

Lord Kaukazus Banned

Earthspark is awesome and a cool concept. Post war stories are nice.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Minibots

Minibots Well-Known Member

I never actually watched Earthspark, but seen clips on YouTube of Megatron siding with Optimus Prime and Soundwave battling Megatron, which I found to be cool. Looks like an interesting show. I should get around to watching it.

• Like Like x 4
  4. KSI Stinger

KSI Stinger Well-Known Member

Agreed. The addition of the sliver parts from the alt mode on the chest and arms is enough.

• Like Like x 1
  5. KSI Stinger

Even if they didn't share them, CG modellers are artists and would be able to replicate a model. I get that ILM might not share their general assets library, but surely the CAD models technically belong to Paramount, given that they paid for them?

• Like Like x 4
  6. MirageROTB

MirageROTB Banned

Instagram:
    Youtube (New):
    I remember people described Arcee's concept art as having the motorcycle wheels behind her lower legs (in a similar fashion to her BBM self). Looks like this has been changed for her final design. I wonder if the Studio Series toy will go for the concept art appearance or the final one, assuming both designs are nearly identical just the position of the wheels are different.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steampunk13

Steampunk13 Scale Charts and PNGs

Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    Youtube (New):
    It’s also possible that the concept art was just a visualization of her roller skating ability during the chase scenes. If it’s not though, then hopefully the wheels could at least partsform in order to be in the right position on the body.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Dropkick89

Dropkick89 Hi, I like stuff

YouTube (Old):
    Do we know if crescent is a code name or an actual character?

• Like Like x 1
  9. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crescent is the actual character name because he has the codename of Skull

• Like Like x 5
  10. MirageROTB

MirageROTB Banned

Instagram:
    Youtube (New):
    It's the name of a beast character (likely a Maximal).
    Possibly a toy-only character.

• Like Like x 3
  11. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod 3Zero Bay Ironhide Please.

News Credits:
    Yeah that’s probably how it will be.
    Toy only character I think.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Banned

How does one of the most financially successful producers still have a job?

Great question.

• Like Like x 6
  13. MirageROTB

MirageROTB Banned

Instagram:
    Youtube (New):
    I wonder if the generic soldiers we see near the end of the trailer (likely a Terrorcon army) are going to be one of the Core Class figures. I could see it happening since they're likely insignificant.

Also the BlaminisPrime leak mentioned Mirage giving Noah some "transformer suit". If the suit does transform, it wouldn't be strange to have a Core Class figure of Noah in the suit.

• Like Like x 4
  14. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod 3Zero Bay Ironhide Please.

News Credits:
    I will say I do appreciate that they continue from Bumblebee to have the voices for the bots (so far) have either modulated or the pitch of their voice changed. Makes them feel more robotic when speaking in a sense.

• Like Like x 11
  15. KSI Stinger

Skull is the code name for Crescent. There's only been a Power Battler listing under that name so it may well be a toy only repaint of one of the smaller figures in the Power Alliance assortment, but it's unusual for a new name to be used in the way.

• Like Like x 2
  16. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Youtube (New):
    While I like the Cybertronian Empire and would love it if they got some more exposure, I don't really know if that's the greatest direction to take the series in after Bumblebee. It's strange to me that RotB is such a large-scale movie considered how more much scaled back Bumblebee was. That's not to say that the movie is inherently doomed or that it can't be good, I just think it's a little odd. I'm still super excited to see it (but we're getting to the point now where I really don't want to know anything about the movie because of spoilers and stuff).

That said, I've thought about how I'd approach doing "the next Transformers movie after Bumblebee," and the idea I keep coming back to is an Optimus Prime-centric movie (rather like this one is supposed to be), with him dealing with some non-Decepticon (and potentially non-Cybertronian) threat. I actually really like that RotB isn't using the Decepticons because it lets us the savor the victory of the previous film a little more, so I'd like to hold off using them and I'm glad that's what this movie is doing.

My pitch would probably Optimus Prime vs a rogue Scorponok and the Machination, with Optimus learning the see humanity beyond the scope of his own guilt. It's probably a good thing that I'm not in charge of the movies, though.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think ROTB movie got quality of 2007 movie, because more clear story, tons of robots to robots action that audiences would prefer much. Bay ruined all previous sequels as he didn't care much about TF character developmemt and pure action between Autobots & Decepticons. Bay just put main core on humans, soldier action, earth destruction and unnecessary silly humour...he more suit to direct GI Joe actually.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  18. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah..if the movie is good and pure of robots action which satisfied us, it will breaks all previous TF movie records, 1.5 billion worldwide possible.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was an attempted counterpoint here and it failed massively. :p 

You linked me to fan art of a character that was shown fully transformed.

Arcee had a lot of focus on her full robot mode, it was not left unfinished by terrible trailer editing. You've helped to demonstrate that the fan art is primarily focusing around characters whose robot mode was fully displayed.

I don't see much fan art of Mirage or people changing their profile into Mirage's robot mode for example and he's the main human sidekick Autobot and the money shot at the end of the trailer. The reason for this is that we did not see fully how Mirage looked because the trailer cuts us off so anyone wanting to support that character either has to imagine how they look or deal with an unfinished image of the character as a profile.

• Like Like x 3
  20. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer OH NO HE'S HOT

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime in the BB movie was so freaking cool. I hope we get more of that in this one but I'm not holding out hope

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.