The New Rise of the Beasts Set Photos, Leaks, and Interviews Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Josuez5, Mar 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, I'll try to find the tweet where they first shared this.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I can’t find it but I remember the tweet.

3. ShockSound6

ShockSound6 Is tired

Even if this movie turns out to be terrible, at the very least it will bring Beast Wars back into the spotlight.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

Yeah, you’re right. Forgot that was a possibility lmao.

But still, the descriptions sounded like we were going to get a better or more detailed design. I understand that the scene is dark, but not much kibble is even visible.

5. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    That is true. And I did see the Maximals being talked about probably the most they have ever.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Mglaighton120

Mglaighton120 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Probably bc it was from concept art from over a year ago, we don’t know if that’ll be something that carries over into the movie. Plus we only have one good shot of him so maybe he’ll have it in other scenes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Primal lost the opportunity to impress and compete with Kong films that small. Optimus is almost as big as Universal Studios staff.
    The size differences make it less appeal for me.

Oh and this also wasn't impressive in comparison.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But to each their own.

• Like Like x 7
  8. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    That is true and hopefully if they can, they can fix elements of Prime or what I really want: give WJ a more G1 head or give him the fins.

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonder if it was accurate if people found it goofy and they changed it, could mean a discrepancy with the toys. Studio Series could wind up having a flame beard while other variant might not.

Perhaps, my best guess at the moment is either:
    - The sources reporting on it saw an early version of the character design which has since been scrapped and redone
    - The sources reporting on it saw a variation, akin to a transformation, that Scourge would go through later in the movie, such as a power-up he gets during the final battle

I don't count red/orange on the side of his 'mask' as being a flaming beard. I think it's more likely Bumblebee tried to claw his face or something.

Trying to determine if it's a design change, a misrelaying of information prior or some alternative look that Scourge might have later in the movie. Each option can have a variety of ramifications on the toyline or how we should be viewing this appearance of Scourge here.

It seems to have been misinformation relayed in the past and repeated according to some other commentors remarks.

Best guess, this is his introduction scene. He crash lands on Earth and does not have time to scan an alt-mode, however similar to the Bumblebee movie his robot mode already shares common traits such as the smokestacks and the grill on his chest.

Optimus and Bumblebee find him and get beaten severely. Bumblebee is killed to emphasize the threat of the Terrorcons. Optimus then flees. Thus establishing the terror of the terrorcons and also setting up the idea of Scourge taking the insignia. You could also have Optimus spot other insignia on Scourge setting up him tracking down the Maximal hieroglyphics leading him to task Mirage with protecting two people who have stumbled across the Maximal hieroglyhics, eventually leading Prime to Primal which we see in the trailer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    I don’t either. Just that maybe it’s the start of the beard Igniting or something. Idk.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Steampunk13

Steampunk13 Scale Charts and PNGs

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I’m not entirely certain of what point you’re trying to make. I’m also not a fan of the smaller Prime and wonky CGI. I just took issue with the fact that you said he was the same size as Bay Bee. Because that’s been proven false.

Certainly though, this Prime is indeed a bit of a manlet when compared to Bay’s absolute unit of a bot, as I showcased earlier:

F048913F-E846-44EA-983E-FB0E8F3D4DE3.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @TF Hot Rod
    @Mglaighton120

Potentially to either, as mentioned I'm just trying to clarify which option is the most likely
    1. He has the beard, but it's something that turns on/off or is activated later in the movie
    2. He does not have the beard and that's a result of a design change sometime during production
    3. He does not have the beard and never did
    • Option 1 means that this may not be the final appearance of Scourge and could hint to a power-up during the final battle like 'The Fallen' or towards exploring him emotionally if it's triggered by anger
    • Option 2 means we could see the Studio Series toys having the beard due to concept art
    • Option 3 means we should potentially dismiss other remarks that were from people claiming he had a flaming beard

We could also factor in how much the movie has changed since reports of the beard if it's a case of them seeing the design in film only for us now to have an altered design or if it was just concept art that was shown, etc...

• Like Like x 10
  13. Dropkick89

Dropkick89 Hi, I like stuff

Could be that the standee is the final design's and the trailer has the earlier designs they had before the delay

• Like Like x 1
  14. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Maybe but that would be a weird twist of events. Usually it’s the reverse with these films.

• Like Like x 2
  15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    While in a way I truly get a lot of the concerns especially about the Predacons we also have to remember that the Bumblebee movie in the test screenings was different from the version we got in the end since the BB movie was originally going to tie into the Bayverse but was changed not to be so later on due to how TLK did at the box office. So there's a chance that ROTB likely went through the same thing since according to what we know the leaks and test screenings for ROTB came long ago and if you account also into the reshoots that also plays into it which means a lot of the things we're worried about may not end up in the final version. Like how we can get the more faithful BW Predacons in the end and that the Scorponok clones may just be the Predacon's answer to Vehicons or for all we know the Scorponok clones may end up being Terrorcon fodder instead along with the Bayverse connection not being a thing. I mean just because some of the leaks ended up being true doesn't mean the rest of the leaks are true also.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dropkick89

Mandela effect?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steampunk13

Steampunk13 Scale Charts and PNGs

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Found a rather impressive fan render of Primal’s beast mode:

BF08465C-0284-4570-9351-3FFD4BCBBBD1.png

Credit to deviantart user KevinGame-2. Folks can really pump out stuff like this fast these days. Trailer only came out a day ago lol

• Like Like x 12
  18. Dropkick89

Yeah, but things could've been changed since it's initial double delay

• Like Like x 2
  19. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

I really hope this is the case. God, I hope this movie is good. I hope we at least get Bumblebee movie levels of quality with this film.

• Like Like x 2
  20. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    I’m fully aware of that. Average people watching this movie are not reliable bc they wouldn’t be able to tell if this was bayverse

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.