The New Rise of the Beasts Set Photos, Leaks, and Interviews Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Josuez5, Mar 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still not 100% convinced that the leg seen in Chip'n.Dale is exactly how it will be on Optimus in ROTB. It looks like they've taken the leg design from the BB Optimus and flipped a few parts around (like literally turning the section just below the knee upside-down) and changing others (like the grille section). Re-using assets is kind of expected, but I don't know that those changes will necessarily also be made to ROTB Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  2. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Its a new CGI company, so they aren't re-using any assets. Any similarities to the BB movie designs will be them copying the parts over themselves, so these changes could easily be what we get.

• Like Like x 1
  3. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean reusing the assets from the ROTB model. I just think it's more likely that they changed a few things around specifically for Chip n Dale so they're not simply using an Optimus leg wholesale, and those changes might not necessarily be there on Prime himself.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steampunk13

Steampunk13 Scale Charts and PNGs

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Now if only he wouldn’t waste such talent on clickbait videos.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  5. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rocka5438

Rocka5438 why yes i can deal with that right now

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What are the chances of bumblebee autobots appearing in the film? we know we have arcee and wheeljack, so will we get brawn, ironhide and ratchet?

• Like Like x 1
  7. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    We don't know but I think as a cameo it's possible and I would love to see them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

But why is it more likely? I feel like it’s actually more likely that they would be using the actual Optimus Prime leg as is, since the whole point of that scene in the movie was that the villain became a patchwork monster made from a bunch of actual animated character parts, not genericized/parody characters. It’s Disney, so it makes sense that they’d use as many OMG REFERENCE!!! nostalgia bait Reddit moments as possible.

Of course I’d say the real reason is probably that the VFX artists simply didn’t really have a reason to change the model around. It’s not that major a part of the movie, so why not just rip the leg of the Optimus prime model they already have access to?

• Like Like x 2
  9. BlaminisPrime

BlaminisPrime Neighborhood cute boy

Twitter:
    I hope this is the right thread for this. Someone, who shall be called Source, dmed me on twitter saying they saw the ROTB test screening that recently happened according to @bigscreenleaks on twitter (they are NOT Source. Source is a separate guy). And gave me details cause he saw i was a fan:

-No Predacons or Decepticons as far as Source has told me.
    -No Military involvement at all, thank god.
    -Transformers wont speak in vehicle mode, Source never said if the Maximals speak in animal mode
    -VFX throughout the film were unfinished, so Source couldn't tell if Prime's mask ever pulled back to show a mouth
    -Optimus Prime will start the movie as being distrustful/aloof of humans, but will learn to care for them and become a protector during the film.
    -Bumblebee is underutilized in Source's opinion, but a highlight
    -Mirage is the human-friend of the film, meets Noah (anthony ramos). Reminded Source of Sam and Bee, i.e. the "stolen car" chase
    -Source says that there is an implied past relationship between Arcee and Wheeljack, and there are sexual jokes that are weird and random
    -Source was unclear when asked about Wheeljack keeping his BBM head, makes it seem as though he'll have the einstein-like Que head from DOTM
    -All the autobots want to get back to cybertron at the start
    -Mirage will give Noah a "Transformers suit" and gauntlet gun
    -Action is great but gets messy
    -Source says that "The Jaguar" Cheetor, the cheetah, will attack the autobots all defensive like before Optimus Primal steps in to clear the air and establish things. Primal is cool as hell according to the source.
    -"The bird" Airrazor is attacked by the terrorcons and hacked, turns evil.
    -There are 4 main villains according to the source. The three Terrorcons and Unicron.
    -When asked about Rhinox, "He's alright."
    -The terrorcons will firmly beat the ass out of Optimus, in Source's words, "Optimus kinda sucks in this"
    -Heroes go to Peru/Machu Picchu via a cargo plane Transformer, unnamed by Source, to look for part of a key.
    -Scourge, the main Terrorcon of the 3, activates a beam in the sky in which more enemies come out of. Maximals and Autobots fight and defeat them.
    -Optimus gets blown up into space, mid-credits scene is him floating to Unicron who's face takes up whole screen

I'm inclined to believe it cause, I had to correct him on what animal Cheetor was, and tell him airrazor and cheetor's name. its the normie mistakes that make it feel like a moviegoer actually saw the movie. And he gave no name to the Cargo Plane guy, which feel like authentic mistakes.

Im feeling mad suspect about the wheeljack head thing. Also, the thing with him and arcee is just awful..

I guess we'll have to see, but please let your thoughts be known!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  10. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    See the thing about Wheeljack is that can't be true right? Wasn't it revealved in the concept art that during the private press event? Maybe it's just a placeholder, but that might be naive to thing, cause a guy with a mouth plate and glowing ears is easier to animate than a bloody man face.

And wait no Predacons? That can't be right, why'd they name drop them here? https://twitter.com/transformers/status/1407422768602181632?s=20&t=EDgtjye5-X45N60HWKny5w

• Like Like x 14
  11. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it weird that a casual fan knows Que is Wheeljack, or remembers Que at all. Maybe that is part of the telephone game but, yeah. Seems odd

• Like Like x 10
  12. Slimeformerzaa

Slimeformerzaa Banned

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wasn't the name Stratosphere mentioned several times during filming, referring to a scene?

• Like Like x 2
  13. BlaminisPrime

Twitter:
    That would make sense. I would've guessed Powerglide or even Jetfire to reference UT, he was kind of that in those. But Stratosphere makes a lot of sense. No doubt thats him then, if this is true

• Like Like x 2
  14. BlaminisPrime

Twitter:
    I didnt say Que to him, nor did he.
    How it went was, i expressed my worry that Wheeljack wouldn't have his BBM head because of another rumor i saw. And asked if he had it. He responded with :/, so that told me it was the que head. Like i said, it wasnt very clear

No telephone here, its just that, we know who Que is. So I put his name there. He didnt say Que nor know who he is. Just that his head is different according to him

• Like Like x 4
  15. BlaminisPrime

Twitter:
    They also namedropped decepticons when they announced the movie. Its weird and leads me to think these details are false.

Wheeljack wasnt at the press event. The van was seen in set images and called Wheeljack in a Peruvian news network's interview with crew members

• Like Like x 4
  16. Slimeformerzaa

Slimeformerzaa Banned

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe Wheeljack has an Einstein-like face under his mask.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BlaminisPrime

Twitter:
    Perhaps..I dont really visualize that with his appearance in BBM. But maybe the mask covers up far more than it seems.

Even so, i dont like imagining that XD. Especially with arcee relationship thing. That whole part in general is kinda fuckin awful

• Like Like x 4
  18. BlaminisPrime

Twitter:
    It would tie it to bayverse though

Or just, different versions serving similar functions. Its happened before

• Like Like x 2
  19. BlaminisPrime

Twitter:
    Laslow is a notorious fraud

• Like Like x 1
  20. BlaminisPrime

Twitter:
    I just hope Bonaventura can see that sticking eith bayverse connections will be a bad move. Doublung down on Bumblebee's reboot can severly help the movie franchise.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.