The New Rise of the Beasts Set Photos, Leaks, and Interviews Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Josuez5, Mar 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starpilot949

Starpilot949 "This is where the transformers fun begins"

News Credits:
    I think it a size difference would be nice, but i don't want it to be to big. A rescue scene would be cool, but what if Optimus faces of Megs once after the autobots left, Megs almost destroyed him, and after leaving him for dead the autobots who were on their way to the capital find him and bring him to earth? Would be a nice explanation for his new alt mode.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob

Rob Fanatic Films Supporter: Optimus Prime reborn!!!

News Credits:
    But we can have our cake and eat it to. Let him face Megatron get wrecked and THEN get rescued by a couple Autobots (5-12)..

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a tad bit shorter for megs imo but I agree he should be taller than prime

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steampunk13

Steampunk13 Scale Charts and PNGs

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I don’t know, flashback might be a little too long if that all happens in it. Plus we’ve got a good build up going for Megatron. Wouldn’t want to spoil it in a flashback sequence. Gotta save him for a true appearance in the present.

5. Rob

Rob Fanatic Films Supporter: Optimus Prime reborn!!!

News Credits:
    True. We can have Megatron beat him up the first time they run unto each other on screen. I do think a rescue would work though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I mean, those aren't really the inconsistencies between Bumblebee and the Bay movies, though. It's not just throwaway lines of dialogue, it's entire scenes that need to get retconned.

The added scenes in Bumblebee are insignificant, but they contradict a fair bit of the Bayverse. Like, shouldn't Soundwave be on Earth already? Shouldn't Bumblebee be on Earth already? Shouldn't Optimus not be on Earth by the end of the movie? That completely negates "Arrival to Earth" in the 2007 movie, does it not? If they are the same continuity, what happened? Did he just leave? Why? How?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steampunk13

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Not to mention the fact that, like the 2007 film, Bumblebee presents itself as being one of the first times Autobots and Decepticons have really interacted with the Earth and humans. The Decepticons in the film hardly even seemed aware of the planet’s existence up until they tracked Bee there so the idea that they’ve somehow also been obsessed with activating the star harvester so that the Fallen can rise again or planning a secret pillar invasion from the moon seems improbable.

8. Dillatron

Dillatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Megatron design is so good. Where is it from?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steampunk13

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    It’s from Ver-Art Designer TH I think. It’s based on the Yolopark Megatron silhouette that was revealed awhile back. I believe this is also what the Monocrat Megatank third party figure is based on.

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unsure if speculation on these topics counts as spoilers, but here goes my view on the reasoning, set-up, etc...

• Maximals and Predacons would serve a similar marketing function to the Dinobots in Age Of Extinction, they help to differentiate the movie from just vehicle robots vs vehicle robots.
    • Terrorcons for all extensive purposes are just going to fill the role of Decepticons as the antagonist, similar to how Lockdown was independent but could effectively have been labelled a Decepticon.
    • Unicron is set-up, most likely originally thrown in just for the sake of teasing a larger threat and now presumably having a slightly expanded role to imply that he's the main antagonist of the newly announced trilogy. They don't necessarily need to deliver on that, but it can be used to introduce other threats in the future.
    Best guess would be:
    Movie 1: Scourge - Herald of Unicron - Is mostly focused around the mission and is an antagonist to destroy
    Movie 2: Megatron - Personal Threat - Wants revenge on Optimus, allows us to build-up the characters before the next film, will probably be found by Unicron at the end of the film
    Movie 3: Unicron - Planetary Threat - Megatron ends up becoming Galvatron and they have to defeat Galvatron to be able to eventually defeat Unicron

• Like Like x 2
  11. Steampunk13

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I completely agree with that take. It is just the logical path that this trilogy will probably take. Would be better if Scourge survived so that he could have a rivalry with Galvatron though.

12. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    If your argument is that the Bayverse and Bumblebee/ROTB should remain separate, I don't necessarily disagree. To some degree that's a matter of opinion, and I actually do think cutting ties to the Bayverse would free up future storytellers a lot. I think it's totally fine to want Bumblebee to be a separate continuity. I'm not arguing the movies should remain in the Bayverse. I just lean towards thinking that's the route Paramount might be going. Sometimes continuity errors are just continuity errors, and they don't determine what timeline something takes place in.

No one tries to argue G1 cartoon episodes take place in different timelines because the Contructicons have three different origins, because Optimus didn't have the Matrix in Prime Problem, or because several characters who died in the '86 movie pop up in season 3 episodes (I'd consider characters resurrecting with no explanation about as lore breaking as anything in BB).

With G1, people just acknowledge those things as continuity errors and create fun headcanon rationalizations. Just like I do with stuff like Burton's WW2 story. People happily do that all the time with G1 (and even stuff like Star Wars and Marvel). That sort of fan engagement is even considered part of the fun.

The possibility of a kooky old man being mistaken about stuff that happened 70 years ago (something that happens frequently in real life) is brushed off as totally implausible. But people are more than happy to shrug off literal unexplained character resurrections in G1 as "just an innocent error", and even lovingly defend it with headcanon explanations. This double standard really tells me that these continuity arguments are mostly grounded in wishful thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  13. waniel239

waniel239 Monitor of the 15th Galactic Convergence

That's the funny thing though, how does Sector Seven exist in a universe where Megatron didn't crash looking for the AllSpark? If there's no Cube or Ice Man, why does this agency whose founding hinges on those two things being established in their world exist?

14. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

Because G1 was designed as a weekly kids show where no one cared about strict continuity.

Besides, the people involved with Bumblebee specifically went out of their way to remove scenes directly tying it into the Bayverse that were in the first cut

• Like Like x 10
  15. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always find it funny when people try to justify the Bayverses shitty writing and continuity with... a rushed 80s cartoon they constantly bring up as shit and shouldn't be the standard going forward.

And no Bumblebee and ROTB should not be part of the Bayverse. At this point that just seems even more stupid the more people try to justify it than when BB first came out.

• Like Like x 9
  16. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah yes the ego of some people who can't just let the bayverse continuity alone and find ways to connect it when tlk fucked up the whole continuity. Can somebody explain to me why optimus was on earth three times and each time he's arrived he's never heard of the planet? Or can someone explain why in ww2 scene bee literally doesn't have a voice and does the little sounds he does. And the height differences the answer is not evolution if that's the case some of our favorite guys got the short end of the stick they can't change heights if they could why wouldn't any of the other bots or cons change heights as well

• Like Like x 2
  17. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Haven't seen Bumblebee in a while but if I recall correctly they just seem like a generic shady military organization. It's like, I dunno, SHIELD or something. No reason that based on what's presented in that movie alone they have to be related to the Allspark or Megatron

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steampunk13

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I’m not saying they should be separate because I want them to be separate, although it is true that I do, I am saying it because it’s the logical choice. Keeping them separate frees up the potential of both series instead of hindering them with more complicated continuity crap. That’s what I was getting at with the TLK “Frankenstein” comparison. If Paramount has learned any kind of lesson from that mess, then trying to connect these two very different takes on Transformers together would be the last goal they’re working towards. And the leaks and info we have regarding ROTB only serve to support that. They’ve made it clear that they’re building up to a brand new adventure that goes way beyond the scope of the 2007 film, adding entire new factions to the conflicts on Earth and giving old Bay characters completely new personalities and characterizations. I just don’t see how any of this could lead one to assume that they’re making a prequel series to the Bayverse. It doesn’t add up at all.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. snokoan

News Credits:
    And you would think since shatter and dropkick were in the base. They would have noticed and gotten him out of the frozen situation he was in.

• Like Like x 2
  20. snokoan

News Credits:
    Exactly. And the fact people try to find some lame ass excuses to say see this is confirmed to the bayverse wheather its one simple Easter or a reuse of cgi assets they have. New movie new toys. You can't keep releasing the same toy if they don't have any changes in the design. That gives hasbro a valid excuse to make another toy of the same design

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.