The New Official Hidden Features Thread (Please Read First Post Before Posting)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFXProtector, Sep 14, 2018.

1. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Fair point folks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I use it for Megatron's back cannon for G1 accuracy. *shrugs* I think that's a far better use of it. Otherwise, it's an utterly pointless item and a waste of materials.

3. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I can see both sides. In the one hand, if it’s part of a line-wise gimmick it’s not so much a hidden feature, but on the other hand, finding cool new uses for transformers and their accessories is exactly what I come to this thread for, so thanks for posting!

• Like Like x 3
  4. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Hi I'm Sarah

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    honestly it looks so natural there I forget that it doesn't belong to megatron

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

SO you did not mod this figure in any way? I have tried pushing the head back and pulling up at the same time. I can't get it to work. Not enough clearance.

Hate to do this to you, but I'm calling this out as a fake feature. There is absolutely no way to follow your instructions to get the results you claim to have gotten with out having the mod the back of the figure near the head or by cutting down some part of the heard. Good try though!

I see what you are trying to show us here. Yes there seems to be a second socket the ball joint was suppose to slide into but the figure designers forgot to create enough clearance to allow that to work. Which means you modded your copy of the figure to make that socket work correctly. Maybe just show us how to mod the figure like you have done to yours. That might help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019
  6. Constructor

Constructor Baron of Bad News

I got it to work on my unmodded Ripclaw, so it's not like it doesn't work at all. Don't be so accusatory of others of posting mods on the hidden features thread.

• Like Like x 3
  7. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    20190713_111705.jpg
    There was no modding done to it, i mean you cant add plastic to something

Ehh im used to users on here being dicks to me, so thanks for sticking up for me

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  8. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Okay, everyone to their corners. No more of this, please. Legit hidden features, ONLY. No fan modes, no mods, there are threads for both listed in the first post. I have rules and structure (staff allowed) to avoid this exact type of thing. There's no need to tear each other down over a possible feature on a toy. Please stop fighting.

• Like Like x 4
  9. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not a mod or fan mode. Here is what the socket looks like. See the circle part? 20190713_112907.jpg 20190713_113507.jpg that is what causes the articulation for the neck. If the tolerances are not correct. The head will fall off

• Like Like x 1
  10. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    No, no. You miss my point. I'm not saying your find is a mod. I'm saying this isn't the thread for that. Not mods, fan modes, or fighting. Just, and only, hidden features. Yours seems to fall under the heading of hidden feature.

Basically, I'm saying this is not up for discussion. And fighting? Certainly not.

This is why we can't have peace or anything nice.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ravage101

Pokemonsdoom, The reason I called your find "out" is because every reviewer and their sister who's ever owned this figure has been trying to get a better articulation feature out of Ripclaw. Some have gone as far as rebuilding the ball joint to poke higher above the neck armor. Also one modder did cut out the back of the neck armor of the figure to facilitate the very feature you claim to achieve by just pushing back on the head and then pulling it up. The back neck armor prevents this from even happening. I remember this well because I was going to do the mod to my Ripclaw after noticing there are two positions for the ball joint to slide to.

I have tried everything after I saw your post. I even removed the head and then try to see if I can place the head back on the ball joint on the second position. NOPE!.

Maybe try showing all of us step by step how this is physically done, because the instructions you have posted do not allow the head to rise up above the neck armor like you have on your figure.

Its very rare that I find a claim that I am willing to argue against, but getting Ripclaws head to look better was something of a white whale around here. Everyone has tried this and now 2 members have got this to work? I'll withdraw my criticism and apologize for being an ASSHOLE; "I'm sorry". But seriously write up better instructions.

To anyone else; is there a known issue with Tranformers Prime Ripclaw where there are like multiple retools of this figure where there is a version where it is impossible to get proper articulation of the head?

12. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Id say a running change may of been done, the prototype version of ripclaw cant do it as well. 20190713_170059.jpg switching the heads between the two and seeing the same results on of them tells me its ether the torso or ball joint that causes it to not work on certian copies 20190713_170549.jpg 20190713_170545.jpg 20190713_170552.jpg here is how the torsos look on the neck areas on both without heads. 20190713_171306.jpg the prototype one has a slight mold variation near the back where its more curved. So i think the straight ones give the head an extra grip on the neck

13. Ravage101

Thank you so much for the post. You images were really informative.

Would you mind posting images of the head assembly.Take apart the head?

14. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

So I just found out tonight that Seige voyager Optimus has fold out knee pads! Its not really obvious at first but you can see the hinges if you look just a little bit. I haven't seen these kneepads flipped up before, and I think I personally prefer them down, but there you go!

15. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats for transformation into truck mode. Not kneepads. you have a port for a trailer that...I wonder if the Studio Series trailer would fit into

Anyways, may or may not be an intended feature i dunno when they plan for this stuff on how far in advance on a toyline but by sheer coincidence most likely, TLK Barricade's gun gauntlet is completely compatible with Siege effect parts do to be 4 mm sized barrels DSCN4542.JPG

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  16. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I hear that the Prime Masters' armor suits can be used somehow as Combiner Wars ports...?

17. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    That would be a fan mode.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No its the prime armors

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Masterforce Kreon

YouTube:
    It’s a official fan mode though, it’s used on Selects Seacons.

• Like Like x 1
  20. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Cool, I wasn't aware of that.