The "NEW" Masterpiece scale Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snake_eyes1975, Oct 26, 2012.

1. jdle37

jdle37 Active Member

i think the new sideswipe is far to small it just comes up to mp10,s waist surely in the cartoons he was bigger than that , basically its to small but still very cool ive got red alert on pre order and just pre ordered soundwave i cant wait to get em . I think the mp line is coming on very nicely and im more than happy to keep handing my cash over for them

2. Rapido3

Rapido3 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if there is a scale picture from the 84' cartoon for the season 3 characters, similar to the one from season 1. Just wondering how Springer and others should scale. Thanks in advance.

3. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Not to scale.
    [​IMG]

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Here is the scale sheet for the headmasters cartoon. But it includes the guys your concerned with.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I have YOTH Optimus, MP Prowl, am waiting for the MP's WJ and BB, and a KO SSwipe. One day I will nab a MP T-Cracker or SS.

I'm not gonna lie- my big crit of the cars is that they are nothing more than Voyagers. High priced Voyagers. ANd altho I respect the scale issue, BB is small. I know he comes with the exo-suite... but he's small. I'm just glad I get in on the cheap pre-orders.

6. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

Anybody thinking of using the new leader class Megaton as their masterpiece sized one? I saw leader Jetfire is the same size as a masterpiece seeker and I feel Megaton will be the same size.

7. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    No, too different aesthetic, and that's just the bot mode.

He's an awesome toy, and I'm getting both decos, but he'll be really out of place with MPs

8. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

He'll make a semi-decent substitute, but the aesthetic is kind of off.

9. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

Generations Warpath scales well if you think about it.

10. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

News Credits:
    I am. Hope he turns out good

11. rbarron64

rbarron64 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me too, I think the aesthetics are close enough, and mp05 is an eyesore in my collection. As long as size is close, he is getting replaced

12. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me as the Dinobots go, I like 10" as FT is doing but 11 inches is my perfect Maximum, there will be a bootleg Grimlock of Mp08x that is called over-sized to be that is a perfect Maximum for all the Dinobots.

I boycott any combiners that are not at least 20 inches tall & I even renounce my name I wish I could change into 20 inch combiner. 20 inches is twice the size MP-10 which is why I like MP-10's size bc now combiners are more likely to happen in MP. My combiner/gestalt Maximum is 22 inches which is perfectly twice the size of my Dinobot max.

OMEGA SUPREME is suppose to be taller than a combiner so at 24 inches it would be great with a 26" perfect maximum.

And the largest of them all. City Transformers (MP Fort Max, Metro, Scorponok & Trypticon) to be a manageable TOY size, I'd take a 36 inch tall robot mode with a 40 inch maximum keeping their both Alt modes between 20-30 inches.

I wish they would tap into the MP-01 scale market so we can get more options in sizes but the 3p's will. I personally am happy with the Masterpiece small cars being only 7" bc they are still beefy proportionally which I like.

13. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like MP cars being scaled to MP10 in alt mode, but I'd have liked that the transformation extends their bot mode a tad so they don't look so small to fight decepticon jets hand to hand.

14. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can anyone tell me how tall a MP Wreck-Gar should stand?

15. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    See my reply here.

16. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

After the whole G1 Ark crew from Seasons 1 and 2 have been released, maybe they could do MP Hot Rod & MP Rodimus Prime V2 as separate figures.

17. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

How big was Scamper compared to the other Autobots in Season 3 of the G1 cartoon?

18. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Am I the only one who thinks the Alt mode should be in scale? Not the bot mode. Robots in disquise. Shouldn't the disquise match the vehicles your disguising as? I guess this shouldn't be any different than all the other lines except for Alternators. I wish they still being made, even if they charged more.

I know this is a zombie thread but since it has already been revived, I thought I would add my two cents

19. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude.. it's a toyline for a G1 CARTOON.. not a scale model car line. the robots are what's most important and should be scaled together. plus, so far, everything scales well together when comparing them to the show. i sure as shit wouldn't want a masterpiece bumblebee whose car mode is in real scale with the others.. that doesn't work for me, and that's not how it was in the show, therefor, there's no reason for it.

20. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Man you'd run into so many problems if we had things your way. Soundwave , Megatron , blaster , an every single cassette would be smaller then dust .