The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    On that note, I have an extra Deadpool for trade. Not interested in cash monies. PM me if you have trade stuffs.

2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    So I finally got my hands on the Rogue, Falcon, & Bucky figures I had family pick up at our Walmart so here are my thoughts...

Rogue - Utter perfection for the hottest Marvel chick and my favorite X-Men. I can't find anything wrong with her, I heard that some people have Rogue's with two right arms and mine doesn't so maybe its not an issue? I can't stop gushing over her! She has a special place on the bookshelf near my bed.

Falcon - I've always wanted a Marvel Legends Falcon, then BAM a couple months later and this guy happens. I love this figure too, the wings make it hard for me to decide how I'm going to display it though. While I could complain about the lack of weapons or even the little loose-necess of the head but how can when I gush over these wings!

Bucky - Much better then the Winter Soldier from 2 years ago. Yeah his name on package is Winter Soldier but I prefer Bucky. I saw in reviews that apparently he has a hard time holding his knife? The only issues I have with his weaponss is that his pistol is REALLY hard to place in his hands. Still he's just ordinary when I got him the same day as Falcon & Rogue.

Love these figures! My first Civil War & X-Men Legends and they are amazing!

3. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

I kinda wished I waited on the XMen wave since I still don't have deadpool and BbTS has the set of 8 for 160.

4. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    walked into walgreens and saw deadpool on the top shelf

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I've found a ML Rouge yesterday at my Wal Mart. I wasn't expecting to see her there so I've decided to get her while I can and I'm happy about it. :D  I can tell that she shares the 2015 ML Captain Marvel mold which is very ironic given what happened between them in the comics years ago. So yeah I'm happy with her. Hope I'll spot Deadpool next.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't even have a shelf. Just a big box full of them, and I'll just mess around and put a couple out on the desk space or whatever as I please.

I've never really understood the need for collectors to seek validation from others on how they display their toys. It's your stuff, do whatever you like with them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Huh. Walked into a random Walgreens just now and found half the Dormammu wave. Left with Dr. Strange and Enchantress. Would have grabbed Nico and Iron Fist, but didn't see either of them. Just a couple movie Stranges and a movie Mordo.

8. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Ah crap. That probably means the wave is going to be in-stock at BBTS soon. RIP wallet.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It actually is in stock at BBTS currently. At least the individual figures are as I went ahead and grabbed Iron Fist from them. Added him to my POL. Will probably add Nico too later, but at the higher cost per figure at BBTS I had to pass on her for now.

10. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Deadpool is back at amazon, for now...

11. Shogen

Shogen Wreck and Rule

It's gone. Back up to 42 bucks, it changed when I clicked on it

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah my wallet took a pounding when I had to collect the x-men and strange waves in a space of days.

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got the notice from TRU that they're going to ship Nico/Iron Fist/Cape Strange soon, so yeah I expect many retailers will be getting their stock of the Strange wave in soon if they don't have it in already.

14. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Validation? People display because that's what they like.. Sort of like artwork. Most people would rather display them if they're able to than leave them in a box.

I mean, for me, posing them and displaying them is 50% (or more) of the fun.

15. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I was talking about when people feel the need to ask complete strangers how they should display their toys. Just do whatever makes you feel happy. None of us random schmucks on the internet are ever going to see your collection in person.

Why open yourself up the criticism of how "That Spider-Man figure is totally based on such-and-such piece of artwork from 1988 and thus belongs no closer than ten feet from that 1992-esque Green Goblin. Tear the whole shelf down and display your figures how I like".

It's all pretty arbitrary and silly if you ask me.

As for the Doctor Strange wave, interesting that they're filling single orders then. I ordered the case when it first went up, and haven't gotten a PoL notice on it yet. They usually fill case orders first.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Haha, yeah I get it! Similar thing but whenever people ask which mode or angle to display something, my answer is usually something like, "does it have to be just one way and then the figure is stuck like that forever?" :D  Why not just put it however you feel like at that moment and then change it up when you feel like it?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Anyone else display their Movie based Marvel Legends with their Comic based Marvel Legends or do you display them separately?

18. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    I have everything displayed with everything. Transformers with marvel legends. Pokémon figures with DBZ Figuarts. Marvel Legends Carnage holding Marvel Universe Carnage like it's his child. Marvel Select Spectacular Spider-Man dabbing right next to my World of Nintendo Starfox team. (missing Peppy; soon!)

My most coherent shelf is my Age of Extinction Dinobots. They are at least all next to each other. Lol

That's just a mere taste of my display.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I mix them together, but I mostly collect comic figures. I only buy movie versions of characters who don't have a comic version currently available (Black Widow/Panther) or characters whoes costume looks like their current comics incarnation (Star Lord). I also have Agent Coulson as well. But, that's just what I do. As everyone else has been saying: do whatever works for you.

20. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Last week, I decided to stop into my TRU on a whim, not expecting anything. They were resetting the ML display, and it just so happened they had a Deadpool! I wasn't completely sold on him (although, he's the closest we'll ever get to a movie version), and hated to pay full price (personal thing), but I picked him up anyway, since it will probably the only time I ever see him.

They also had a god smattering of the new Spidey wave. Every figure except Hobgoblin, which was unfortunately the one I wanted...

Mile Morales Spider-Man is actually sticking around a lot more than I expected. Thought he'd be pretty heavily sought after.