The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Oh, this wave will be fun. Hasbro crushed this one.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the Zabu wave was pretty good. It had three figures I wanted and the one I didn't want didn't have a BAF piece.

That said, the figures I wanted from the Zabu wave were 60s (Ka-Zar), 70s (Ikarus), and 90s (Cable).

Here, we had Bloodstorm (2010s), Dracula (2010s), Hellverine (2020s), Brother Voodoo (2009), Hellstrom (2010s video game), Moon Knight (late 80s; I'd completely memory holed that his WCA costume was different), Lilith (90s), and Blackheart (90s).

The average age of these skews a lot newer.

I tend to go very retro, pre-1980s Secret Wars, generally, and Blackheart is one I'd like mostly for his 90s video game appearances, which nothing else in this wave supports, and there's nothing 60s or 70s to rope me in.

I know Hasbro didn't promote the "Strange Tales" name in advance but I guess I'd really gotten my hopes up that we'd be seeing stuff tied to the Strange Tales comic like 70s Brother Voodoo, Adam Warlock, Steranko SHIELD characters or Fury's outer space adventures, Johnny Storm solo adventures... Headliners from the Strange Tales comic, which wasn't typically a horror or supernatural book outside of Dr. Strange features.

• Like Like x 1
  3. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    Secret Wars retro!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I like your color choices better than Hasbro’s.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  5. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    so no mystique huh that sucks

also do we know if this venom re-release was one of the leaks? I'm still hoping that the venom/carnage two-pack is still a thing

6. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    I didn’t watch the steam… did they say if Excalibur Rachel Summers Phoenix was still going to happen?

I feel like they were working on Rachel Phoenix, did the effects first, then decided to cut cost/cash grab/cashout by releasing low hanging fruit Jean Grey Phoenix (just repaint an existing female buck with no new molded parts) first, before whenever completing Rachel Summers up with new molded arms, torso, etc. because of all the spikes.

Or maybe that was their intention all along and/or I don’t know anything, lol. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  7. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Updated with Mezco Wonder Woman and Marvel Legends Power Princess joining the fray and a bit better lighting. I need to dig my DC Icons Barry Allen out of storage to give Blur a sparring partner!

• Like Like x 5
  8. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I was very curious about which shade of blue they’d go for. Feel like the light blue is more claremont while the darker blue is more krakoa era

• Like Like x 1
  9. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree! I don’t even have much interest in the pheonix costume, but using that body has me tempted by this! Except… warbird body, but doesn’t appear to be using the sculpted boot tops? That’s a bit of a bummer. Might hold on for a potential dark version using them somewhere down the line.

Dracula and Odin look great. Did they talk about their articulation at all? Odin I imagine will be pretty restricted at the hips? And Dracula I assume has a single ball joint at the diaphragm?

• Like Like x 1
  10. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

Jesus, I hope they don’t do Deaths Head now just to see the “or else” play out.

I swear, the level of meltdown some people have over a goddamn toy. It’s childish.

• Like Like x 9
  11. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    I was thinking what redeco/partial the Zabu save Cable should get aside from an X-Men '97 one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I actually think the Joe Casey/Ladronn era look may warrant a figure the most.

While you could do a generic Churchill costume or 2000s Cable/Deadpool costume, there wasn't really a consistent look. There were color schemes and common details like the bare right arm under Churchill but he didn't wear the same costume for very long without changes in those runs.

Whereas he was extremely consistent for Ladronn's run, overall.

That's also kind of interesting as a gap in Legends.

There was Nate Grey's Counter X stuff, the X-Statix, Alex Summer's Mutant X and eXiles run, the Claremont Revolution era, Omerta, Reyes, Agent X and Outlaw...

Generally a lot of stuff that's never had toys. I think Doop and a couple of late Toybiz 5" figures essentially represent the whole era's presence in plastic.

• Like Like x 2
  12. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like when we do get a new Warlock it'll probably be the 90's version over the 70's one. Or, the nobody asked for 1st Appearance "Him" version.

And isn't Bloodstorm from the 90's Mutant X book originally? The one where Havok was stuck in an "Everyone is an evil asshole" AU where we had an Archangel with leathery dragon wings and a green Beast and Pryor was a slightly more conservative Goblin Queen design?

• Like Like x 1
  13. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    I just figure we'll get the Warlock that goes with an Infinity War accurate Magus, mold wise. Lightning bolt chest and such. I know a lot would prefer Warlock's look after that (which he had moved onto by Magus' first appearance).

But I feel like Magus eventually has to be a priority and that we'll get an alternate deco Warlock version.

• Like Like x 2
  14. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    20240618_045739.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

2010s?!?!??! Bloodstorm is from the 90's!

[​IMG] upload_2024-6-18_9-27-42.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  16. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Don't really like it as a Dracula look but I like it as an armored knight character.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Do you have the recent jeans and ripped shirt She-Hulk? Interested in seeing a comparison. The new one looks great but I chose not to preorder at the time because I've got a big trip planned this year.

18. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

Late 90s at that. I'm actually kind of surprised, I didn't think that many people had much nostalgia for the mid to late 90s comics like Mutant X, X-treme X-men, X-men Forever, but that's probably because we had that major gap in mutant figures so we've been filling out the more popular 80s/early 90s lineups (and Morrison and beyond) and we're only just getting to these. I'm sure there's someone out there just waiting for Chuck Austen era X-men just like someone wants the Defalco/Ryan FF.

• Like Like x 2
  19. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm still all about the 80's x-men... still waiting on:

- Outback Colossus
    - Fall of the Mutants/Flashdance Rogue
    - Malice-infused-Polaris (she was possessed for 2.5 years!)
    - Hound Rachel
    - yellow Meggan (one without a fugly face this time)
    - a proper underboob Goblin Queen (and a flight suit Fall of the Mutants Maddie for good measure)
    - most key New Mutants in black&yellow.
    - the rest of Freedom Force (Stonewall, Super Sabre, Crimson Commando)
    - the rest of the OG Hellfire Club (aka poor forgotten Harry Leland)

But Mutant X was one of the few things from the Bankruptcy Era that didn't suck (X-Treme and Forever were in the 2000s), so if they're making Bloodstorm, then I'll take the rest of "The Six". It's one of the few alternate dimension takes that actually had legs, lasted for 32 issues + 3 Annuals. It got a 2-volume Complete Collection, but I'm still waiting for the Omnibus or a pair of oversized HCs.

I'm definitely out when they get to Chuck Asten and Morrison's X-Men.:puke2: 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Would be cool if Blackheart is released later on his own like a deluxe or something. Same for that Sabretooth from that Logan set a few months back but with a more proportionate head.

Glad Hellverine doesn’t come with a BAF piece. Guessing the pinless parts were being used for yet another Wolverine we’ve yet to see like a pinless brown costume Wolverine for Secret Wars or something else.

Moon Knight looks cool, glad it’s for a later costume. Dracula looks bad ass, can double for a random medieval warrior.

Odin looks bad ass too I’m glad Hasbro went for a Kirby look with that wide stature and thick limbs instead of that modern take the BAF one used. This one looks like a god. Hell yea.

• Like Like x 3