The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I’d be willing to bet 100% a new Mystique is still coming.

They probably pulled her from this pack because we were buying it for Destiny anyways, so why give us two demanded characters in one set?

• Like Like x 5
  2. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

It has to be. Nobody is that unhinged over... *checks notes*... Death's Head? Who?

Edit: Don't @ me, I know it's some british character that has like two appearances in Marvel proper.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Blade3D

Blade3D Well-Known Member

After seeing this it's definitely Kang, credit to whoever first posted it on Facebook. Hoping he comes with his time chair.

kang.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  4. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dammit. The BAF is the ONLY ONE in the ENTIRE WAVE I have any interest in.

Feels weird to me that they interpreted the "Strange Tales" theme as "spooky" when it's mostly been "off-beat" in terms of publishing history.

The big headliners in the comics were Nick Fury/SHIELD, Adam Warlock, Cloak and Dagger, Dr. Strange, and, briefly, Brother Voodoo.

I was expecting some SHIELD and Starlin Warlock rep here. A Contessa and a Magus, at least.

This is essentially over half X-Men characters and the other half includes guys like Hellstrom and Moon Knight, who I didn't expect, and Brother Voodoo repeating a modern costume.

Actually, the most "retro" things here appear to be Blackheart, Lilith, and (I guess) Moon Knight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Looking at the photos again and seeing that the little heads are removeable, I might actually be in for the new movie Venom, just to have a figure to commemorate the film trilogy of all time.

Yeah, agreed here. I was more expecting something related to Shield & Hydra and the characters you mentioned. Seems like they just wanted to do a "spooky" wave and grabbed the Strange Tales name off a shelf.

6. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

That Bloodstorm looks awesome. I hope when Storm makes her MCU debut, her look is something like that.

Also, that Rogue is the version from the 84 Secret Wars story, or very close to it. I wish it wasn’t a two pack.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Two of seven = "over half"?

8. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Remember that SDCC is next month, they will have a lot of stuff to show there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guess my modded Walgreens mystique with double jointed elbows gets to stay another year…
    6874BA43-0904-40F4-A97B-053D36ED15E4.jpeg 1B6472C7-35D4-447A-8F29-39D38691398B.jpeg 22189FC4-8AAA-4A8D-9DE1-3DA23AFFAC50.jpeg

Will definitely be getting destiny/rogue two pack, warlord professor x, deluxe phoenix, hellverine and bloodstorm.

Some notes
    • Still super surprised that it’s a rogue and destiny two pack. I’m not too disappointed though since I have wanted a first appearance Rogue for sooooooo long. So still very happy!
    • Phoenix not being Rachel is disappointing but can’t deny she looks really good. Will still get her 100%. that stand looks amazing!
    • Warlord professor x being based on the interior color scheme is a bit surprising since I feel like the team usually goes for more comic cover faithfulness but I’ll still get him 100%. I need to complete this team.
    • Least excited for bloodstorm and hellverine but I’ve read the stories they were in and liked them decently enough so what the hell I’ll get these figures too

• Like Like x 8
  10. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dracula is an X-Men character. He's barely appeared in any other context by comparison.

11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Lilith is now an X-Men character?

I mean if you ignore Blade and his own comic series, sure. Those 3 appearances in X-Men make him an X-Men character. By that logic, everyone is a Spider-Man character. :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  12. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is the Venom the same mold as before?

13. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Speling Checker

@nacho well, you asked for it.
    I may be the other big Death's Head fan here, but simply for inclusion with my Doctor Who figures. I've got the "Infinites" version that Hasbro did many years ago along with a few Dapol figures, but I wouldn't mind a proper Marvel Legends scale version to hang out with my Character Options stuff.
    deaths head.JPG

Although I think I manage to curb my enthusiasm a bit better than some others. He's definitely a "want", but I never expect to see Death's Head appear on a Monday livestream.

• Like Like x 4
  14. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Are they all going up for pre-order on the 20th, or just the wave? Only interested in Destiny myself.

15. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They aren't all going up for pre order on the 20th. I think it's just the wave.

• Like Like x 1
  16. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Cheers. I wondered, as after talking about Destiny and Rogue, he said they'd mention release dates later, but then only seemed to talk about the wave release.

17. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah, all three appearances in 70 years. No doubt he's fought Blade, Dr Strange, or Ghost Rider infinitely more times. I don't know, I generally dislike the supernatural part of Marvel and avoid it like the plague. But the idea that a 19th century literature boogyman is pegged as an X-Men character is just false.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Not entirely.

It seems to be using the Knull 2pack version of the torso which had the plug holes in the back, this time used for his head fellas.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Odd choice to re-do Brother Voodoo in the same look considering the old one is still under current retail on eBay. Why not the classic one?

Or why not just… Nightmare / Baron Mordo / anyone else?

• Like Like x 4
  20. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the Rogue I’ve been wanting for forever. Pop on the 97 head and you get her finale look.
    IMG_1045.jpeg IMG_1042.jpeg
    Destiny looks sooo good too. Still hoping it come with more accessories than they showed but I won’t hold out hope for an alt head or crossbow
    IMG_1044.jpeg IMG_1043.jpeg
    The phoenix base stand looks immaculate! Need it so bad
    IMG_1039.jpeg IMG_1040.jpeg

• Like Like x 5