The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. KL78451821

KL78451821 Well-Known Member

Really that's it!?!

I could have sworn I've seen that look more than that. I must be influenced or conflating the import Wolverines + Mezco then.

2. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I do think that, while the new Venom looks good, it's a bit of a miss too. What would've made it perfect? Pinless body, an unmasked head sculpt, the half-Eddie-half-Venom head, a Venom head without his tongue sticking out, and maybe some symbiote effects. But I get that Hasbro also doesn't want to throw all their eggs in one basket. If they make the quintessential version, then they won't be able to sell future versions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Main miss is that it’s a Walmart exclusive and they’re not the most reliable retailer to order stuff from.

Is it the best Hasbro can currently do? No. Can it be seen as planned obsolence? Perhaps, depends on how you see it. Venom is popular enough that tooling pinless limbs would’ve paid off even if they started with this figure IMO. I prefer pinless for functionality as the elbow and knee hinges are far less prone to swaying/bending sideways that way with the cleaner look being a good bonus.

• Like Like x 7
  4. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

All that and it would be a $30 deluxe.

5. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm sorry to all the Venom fans who have to suffer with visible pins. Meanwhile, where's my deluxe Doug Ramsey with an extra arm, multiple pairs of hands, removable jacket, and at least four head sculpts? The only reason Hasbro hasn't made that is because they hate me personally. And money, I guess they hate all the money they would make. There's your unfairness on a cosmic scale.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KL78451821

Much like yourself, I do not own but want a Venom. I'm willing to wager, it is a certainty so no risk involved, that a pinless version will be released soon. I'll pick it up then.

In the meantime, I'm rubbing my hands at the inevitable release of brown costumed Wolverine. Retailers of the Mafex version haven't provided me the opportunity at one, and I'm balking at the aftermarket prices for the figure. Here's hoping that's not a Walmart exclusive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Call me sheep but I’d like updates for all these figures in these costumes
    CD0E4676-7AE4-4C93-BC65-A8E1A92AA82E.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
  8. KL78451821

Cyclops looking like the blue Red Rush of INVISIBLE fame.

9. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cyclops is the only one I can see getting an update. That body mold was bad even when it was new. And the costume is one of his most iconic. As for the rest - Storm is too new, the Wolverine mold is basically unchanged even now and OG Jean is too "meh" to warrant it except for maybe as the filler in a future 2 pack.

• Like Like x 2
  10. AcademyofDrX

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If they did a two-pack, I'd really hope for a battle damaged UXM #137 set instead of straight updates. There are a lot of variants for the original five that I want ahead of Marvel Girl, especially since the House of X version is still available for near its original price.

11. KL78451821

I absolutely hate that costume for Marvel Girl. She reminds me of an extra on the Austin Powers International Man of Mystery set with a mask on.

That Cyclops costume, although simple, is my second favorite look after the Jim Lee design.

We'll get a brown costumed version of Logan. I'll guess a repaint of Astonishing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

I'm getting 2 of this guy, 1 to keep on card and one to open for that sweet classic head display option. If and when we get another Venom, fully pinless and probably with a 90s head, I'm gonna get that too.

See, the thing is that, as a Walmart exclusive, this is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in that it's not taking up a slot as a mainline release and a curse in that it's not mainline, so it might be hard to get. I'm all for a 3-pack with a pinless Bagley Venom, RYV Carnage and Spidey, so if we see that later this year, cool. If it's just Venom on his own, that's also cool.

As I've stated before, I'm a sucker for literally anything Spidey related so I'm gonna buy them all. If you want to wait for the inevitable pinless Venom, then do so, completely easy for anyone to pass up on this. There's no BAF piece, it's not a multipack. There is literally no obligation for anyone to buy this. If this is just the next step in the process to getting us a fully pinless and super articulated Venom, then I'm completely fine with that.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky I need more Eternals Marvel Legends poste haste.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That Storm is 4 years old, that's not too new. They could re-release her with updated double elbows and she would be good. Brown suit Wolverine needs to be released on a pinless body, which they have now. Cyclops should be released on the Vulcan body. Marvel Girl can be put on a pinless body with maybe a new head sculpt and she will be good.

But honestly, I want a box set of the five original X-Men in their 'graduation' suits. A set in their first appearance suits. And sets in their first and second X-Factor suits. Give me all the sets with the original five.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Oh, no doubt. As is standard, I fully expect none of my local stores to carry it, but the one 50 miles away will have so many clogging the shelves that they'll need to put them on clearance to get rid of them. Either that or they'll show up at Ollie's some time in 2026.

I'd...actually be Ok with that.

Regardless, I'm probably just going to stick with my three-pack version. I kept the heads from some of my previous Venom figures, so I'm pretty well set. They don't look perfect on the Omega Red body (the head is ever so slightly too small), but it's close enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AcademyofDrX

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not every single outfit needs to always be re-released as soon as the bodies are updated. There's always a tradeoff for new characters and outfits, especially for X-Men with a cast of hundreds and constant uniform changes.

I know everyone's collections and priorities are different, but it's silly to me that 90% of collection displays are class photo poses, but people want to throw all their single-elbow and pinned figures in the trash. Five years from now they'll make, I dunno, toe articulation standard, and everyone will suddenly reset all of their wish lists.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry that them redoing figures upsets you. Ummm just don’t buy it and pay no mind to it? Just because someone asks for a new figure, don’t take that a some personal affront to you.

Double jointed elbows for the female figures is a revolutionary bit of articulation, and as someone who loves taking action figure photos and actually plays with their action figures, it adds so much play value.

Anyways, uhhh previously on the X-Men or whatever
    IMG_9991.jpeg
    IMG_9998.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  17. AcademyofDrX

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Just saying, when I look at the dozens of X-Men in my collection, I get much more excited about the idea of expanding the roster than swapping one out for an extra point of articulation. Everyone collects differently, everyone can want what they want, there's no wrong way to collect. From my perspective though, some wants are sillier than others.

Though on at least the specific point of double elbows for Storm's default outfit, I would make that upgrade too. I get it.

18. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have to say love the core source material for the lasted episode of X-Men 97, they're finally bringing it to the big screen let's just say! Granted they're meshing the stories together, but loving it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Last edited: May 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 8
  20. IronSites

IronSites Obviously A Definitely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my Warbird pre-order in. On sale at $20!

• Like Like x 3