The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    Speak for yourself. My Walmart pushed PR to $27 a month or so ago, and my Target just pushed BS to $27.

2. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

I was just checking Pulse. Retailers do weird things, there are a bunch of Targets that have been bumping the price of all their lines up to like $28. Groot was on shelves at $50 for some reason. Pulse is the most accurate judge of what the prices are supposed to be. As far as I know, Hasbro is still releasing their main lines at $25, I'm not sure why some stores are bumping those prices.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Something to note that I learned during the times I was a manager for both Target and Wally World is that while the manufacturer sets the MSRP it is just their suggestion. Targets and Wal-Marts can and will adjust their pricing based on the poverty/wealth of the area they are in. Poorer areas will sometimes see a dip in pricing while wealthier areas will see an increase in pricing. There are other potential factors too, but the poverty level of the area of the store is the most common one. At least when it was back when I was still a retail manager.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I got my retro carded Kraven the Hunter yesterday. I really wish Hasbro had continued these animated figures on the cards instead of the dumb VHS boxes. I'm not interested in the cartoon designs outside of the cards. I've already got the definitive Doc Ock on my shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

The S in MSRP literally means suggested! Because of various economic factors like local affluence and competition, those prices have flexibility. This is also not counting how Wizards of the Coast, thanks to Hasbro, has outright removed MSRP and left it in the hands of retailers. Not sure we're at a point yet where action figures do that but it's not unthinkable at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

I thought it meant sandwiches?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Straight up, when TRU was still around, the two around me did the exact opposite. Never made sense to me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

There was a really gross, never cleaned TRU in Lima Ohio (toxic waste dump town) that had higher prices than I would see in locations in much larger cities. It was wild. Also stock that was ancient which was the only reason we'd go.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I was going to say the same. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Makes perfect sense. I see it happen with a lot of things...gas, groceries, etc...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Believe it or not I've met lots of guys (many of them working in retail) that have zero idea of what MSRP even stands for.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the toy industry if action figures ever go the way of WotC when it comes to pricing.

I worked for TRU for a little over a year and they had to be the most backward and mismanaged company I've ever been employed by. It was fun working for a toy store but dealing with corporates' outdated and clueless ways made me happy to get a job offer from Target.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. I would have loved a Carnage, Doc Ock, MJ and Aunt May on retro cards and we're likely not going to get them because they released them in VHS packaging already. Maybe comic versions will someday happen on cards. That's a weird thing for me too, I love the cards but having some of them be comic and the rest be animated is weird.

12. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Same, and I kinda wish I had the patience to melt the glue on the wigs so I could swap them around, I'd love to see each hair style included with each head. I know me though, I'd just melt the hair horribly :D :oops: :banghead: :dunce :rip  Someone will pull this off though, and I look forward to seeing how that works out, it might change my opinion a lot.

If it's within 2 weeks, they will adjust the price to the current one for you upon request. Just bring the product and either receipt or debit/credit card paid for them and they'll hook you up. But honestly, it's so much easier to just buy the clearance ones and return them on the old receipt as long as it's within 3 months (or 4 if you're a Redcard user) that it's what the employees at my stores do 9 times out of 10 when I ask for a price adjust.

13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yep. My Target had Corsair, Cyclops, and Chamber for $12 while Monet was $17. No need for Cyke since he doesn't come with a Ch'od part, but I did grab Corsair and Chamber (will wait to see if I can find Monet for $12). Hopefully I can find Emma and the others for $12, but I have not seen a single Kid Omega nor Fang on the pegs once, so who knows. Ii've opened Corsair, but the only way I'll keep Chamber is if I can get the others, otherwise back to the store he goes.

[​IMG]

As for your dilemma, just buy the clearanced ones from Target, take the stickers off, and return them with the receipt from the full priced versions.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Man, I can't believe Target is clearancing out the Ch'od wave already. I already paid full price for Emma, Corsair, and Chamber and I'm fine with that since I wanted them, but hopefully I can get Kid Omega, M, and Fang on clearance as I only want the parts for Ch'od.

15. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

Fang and Money are the ones I’ve found. Got Scott and Emma a while ago. Hoping I can score Chamber and Omega as they had been plentiful.

16. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    This looks like a really bad "someone walks into a bar" joke.

17. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

Instagram:
    Good range of beard choices: none, goatee, full beard, fire

• Like Like x 4
  18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sounds like your stores got the supply of Omega mine did not.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Comic-Con 2023: Hasbro Toys Panel for Marvel

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Oh, that's good.

• Like Like x 1