The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I'll be curious to see what the price of that rumored "super articulated" Black Widow ends up being. If it's similar to this Spider-Man, then I'd guess that the added articulation is part of it. As far as the multipacks go, maybe the bean counters justified the prices because Spinnerette, Elektra and Bullseye were all bucks that have been around for awhile. IDK, just trying to rationalize it a bit in my head since I've heard the design team refer to the RYV buck as being "super articulated" compared to other bucks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Retro Beast was arguably just as bad impo (despite my buying it). He was essentially the same release as the original Caliban wave version with an extra head, two flasks, and a lab coat. Hard to say all of that adds up to $10 extra and $35 seemed way overpriced for that figure all things considered. No, like it or not, this is Hasbro's MO currently with Legends. Now I'm not defending it... just saying this shit really isn't unusual for them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

I didn't buy Beast so I forgot about him. I'm still gonna say that's more justified than this one, even though he cost $20 in 2019, the new one came with a lot more accessories plus a cloth lab coat which is probably harder to produce than plastic. But you're right, it's not completely out of the question for them to do this. I'll get over it, I was just really looking forward to a better PS4 Spidey and I had conceded him being on a repainted mold thinking that it would probably make it not cost an exorbitant amount, so seeing that $35 price tag really was a slap in the face today. And I don't see him getting discounted, BBTS and Pulse almost never do discounts, EE I may be able to catch him not-mint or something but I want the figure so I didn't want to risk missing him.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I feel you on that one. I wasn't expecting him to be so much, but given that I love the games, I really wanted him for my SpiderVerse shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nutimus Prime

Nutimus Prime Always collecting :)

Hasbro wasn't kidding when they said at least 50% profit increase over the next 3 years.

Great timing to see these price increases with all the stuff going on with Dungeons and Dragons and Wizards of the Coast.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Joshb721

On a slightly related note, glad to see the Franklin 2-pack is only $50. I'm not getting it but it doesn't look bad at all. Seeing that little alien head thing on a stand makes me wonder if Scott Lang's head in a jar from Howard has a peg hole in the bottom. It looks like the same basic mold.

Oh but Hasbro better do something good soon or I'm gonna start really losing interest in Legends. The past like 3 reveal days have had almost nothing I'm interested in, and while that saves me money, it is also really boring. Like come on, show me the Ant-Man wave or something. I know Dan mentioned MCU stuff would be coming eventually so hopefully it's not too much longer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    To be honest I'm more interested in the Avengers and X-Men anniversary stuff than any MCU releases. Though I expect them to pricey given all of them seem to be some kind of multipack or deluxe figure based on the leaks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joshb721

The only comic stuff I collect consistently is Spider-Man, I have an Avengers/villains collection and a few X-characters sprinkled in there, but there wasn't really anything that interested me on the leaked list. I did spend a lot last year for the Spider-Man 60th so I'm glad to be taking a break on the anniversary stuff this year. There are a lot of good things on the list though, a lot for people to be excited about.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Bro, $36 for PS5 Spider-Man? Are they out of their goddamn minds? I love Insomniac Spidey as much as anyone, but that’s insane - especially considering there’s nothing included except the shitty web effects. At this point, I’d rather wait for an SHF/Mafex/Sentinel one

• Like Like x 3
  10. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    The buck must be made with gold and silver if Hasbro is gatekeeping the RYV buck with a 2-pack, a Pulse exclusive 3-pack, and now a 34.99 price tag, lol. :p o_O 

Meh, pass for me. The neck on the RYV buck sucks anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

Shit, even Action Force is cheaper with more accessories. Fuck off, Hasbro.

12. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

[​IMG]

I have two of those GameStop Spiderman figures because the girl working there was really cool. Never thought about flipping one until now after seeing what the secondary market fetches.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Better move fast. I suspect the market is not going to be as good for these now that the new improved version is available to pre order.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly wondering at what price point people will finally stop buying. Obviously not enough people are not buying at these high prices if they continue to go up. Maybe at $30 for mainline figures? Just curious to see how high it can get.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to buy these figures because they were a fun little cheap pastime and if it had continued being cheap I probably continue to buy them indefinitely. But with prices going up I've given myself a definitive deadline of what figures I still need in my collection and there's only about five of them and then I'm done

• Like Like x 5
  16. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Banned

Anything under $50 is a no thought disposable cash purchase. If they hit $50 I'd probably have to be a bit more selective, but I imagine if they hit $50 my wages will have moved similarly so they'd still probably be no thought purchases.

17. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I hate that I pre-ordered that Spidey at that price... but I've been really wanting the PS4 Spidey for a while. They're definitely pushing that deluxe price on regular figures, like the Star Wars team. I'm being part of the problem, but I really wanted that Spidey lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I got into Marvel Legends for the MCU. But as that’s grown and expanded, I’ve had to severely limit who to get figures of. Can’t get every single main, secondary, and tertiary character while also collecting other stuff; it’d just be way too much. Sometimes it’s hard bc you can’t tell what Marvel Studios will do with certain characters down the road. But now I try to stick with the main heroes and major villains, maybe some meaningful sidekicks occasionally. But for example, I’m not spending TWENTY SIX+ dollars on Jimmy Woo. No offense to Randall Park, he’s funny in the movies, but I can’t justify that price for a toy of a character like that. It wastes both money and space. Same with people like Sharon Carter, Everett Ross, etc. Hasbro knows they can capitalize and exploit MCU hype though. I’ll admittedly be excited for the Quantumania wave reveal. But I already have the SHFs of Ant-Man and Wasp from their second movie. I’d like to get their new suits, but I don’t need new ones bc they’re still the same characters regardless of how the suits look. And I’m sure they’ll charge ridiculous prices for them, which is more incentive to skip. $30 for Kang might be worth it since he’s the next saga’s villain, but it depends on the figure’s execution.

Overall it’s just getting less sustainable with the amount of characters you want to collect versus how much each one costs and the quality not matching the price increase. When they make stupid decisions like not giving PS5 Spidey full sets of hands and having the audacity to charge $37, it’s a tough pill to swallow for the sucker in me that still wants to preorder it out of fear that the import companies won’t make their own versions.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Hasbro definitely wants to know this so they can charge 1 cent less than the threshold.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Honestly, I've got a list of "must haves" and then I'm out. Granted there are probably some thirty to forty characters that are "must haves" and then others I'm sure I'll try to get at discounts, but I kind of just deal with the price increases at the moment because I'm closer than not to being done with the characters I want compared to when I first started. The biggest problem I'm going to have most likely is reminding myself in the meantime that I don't need to buy characters I already own on the new bodies if the old ones honestly feel good enough. Obviously exceptions for significant improvements but I'm winding down now so I really want to try to stay away from the upgrade game moving forward. Though, honestly, any females on the old bodies getting made on the new female buck is going to be tempting for the double elbows jointed alone.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 9