The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Depending on which version of that they were going to do it honestly would just be a repaint with an extra accessory or two besides the throne. One of the versions is literally just Blaze looking like Ghost Rider with just the addition of a flaming crown hovering over his head.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Keiman74

Keiman74 Perfect geometric shape box

After a long day of devouring planets Papa G. has to carry Little G. to bed.

[​IMG]

Galacti

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  3. Matthew Haskett

Matthew Haskett Well-Known Member

I stopped reading the FF at the end of the Human Torch and Thing Marvel team-up books right when the Richards return. With Slott’s run at an end, I plan to start reading his run, but it sure has mixed reviews. That’s sort of the case with most of Slott’s work though, isn’t it? People certainly either love or hate his work on Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man—some of which is remarkable and some of which is a bit clunky. Either way, I just don’t know what to expect, but I’m cautiously optimistic.

Hickman did a great job with X-Men at the start, but it certainly went off the rails to the extent that everything that got swept into its popularity was aggressively bad. Maybe Hickman hadn’t thought it through or maybe it was too successful for it’s own good and got hijacked but the whole story lost its bearing and nothing made any sense to me.

Part of this would be Xavier, who has some of the worst characterization of any character in this story arc. I don’t trust any of the writers with him past House of X/Dawn of X or whatever. So your telling me that Xavier can read Franklin and know he imagined he was a mutant (which seems like an odd caveat for someone that creates reality) but never catches on that Moira was apparently a villain of sorts? Forgive me if I’m missing some part of this story, but by the time I got to the end of Inferno and X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine, I had basically given up on the writers/editors and their overwhelming hubris.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

• Like Like x 1
  5. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
  6. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

I still have no idea how that set is as cheap as it is. Going by recent prices, Venom and Agony should be 24.99 and Riot should be 38.99, so probably $89.99 total. No idea how they're giving us all 3 for about the same price, I assume the extra $3 is for Riot, but 27.99 for him is still pretty crazy. Not that I'm complaining but damn.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
  8. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    It's insane how this is somehow $12 cheaper than the NWH 3 pack despite including a Deluxe figure that hasbro would now price at somewhere around $40

• Like Like x 2
  9. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Marvel Legends Series Venom Multipack 6-Inch Scale Collectible Action Figure Toy, 6 Accessories (Amazon Exclusive)

Available to pre-order right now (been sold out for some time), you might have to click on “see all buying options”.

Sold and shipped by Amazon.com $77.99:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QFV3LK3/

edit: Nevermind, lasted about a hot minute/second. Keep checking I guess. :confused: 

edit edit: it keeps going in and out of stock, but you have to click “see all buying options” if the link is available.

Release date Dec 1, 2022

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Joshb721

Seriously. Riot is on a former BAF mold like Rhino who was $38.99 and even back before the price hike the figures on that mold (Toxin and Venom), were still $29.99. To have Riot be somehow $2 cheaper than he would have been in 2018 is absolutely insane. I wonder if they had originally planned on Riot being on the Omega Red or Colossus body and have him originally be a normal-size figure and then switch it at the last minute but not change the price point. And then you have Gorr who is somehow more than Riot would be and is just a normal figure. Hasbro's prices this year have been really weird.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joshb721

My Galactus still hasn't shipped. I know they said November but when should I start worrying about it given the fact everyone else already seems to have theirs?

12. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    X lives/deaths of wolverine pretty good...i enjoyed it.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ML multipack costs can be heavily offset by their tooling reusage.

The Symbiote pack is only new heads and some new hands on existing toolings (plus a few extra tendrils for Venom to plug the shoulder holes from the previous Animated Venom release).

The NWH pack I believe has completely new figures for Tobey and Andrew.

Gorr has a good amount of new toolings.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shaneva002

Shaneva002 Well-Known Member

Bleh missed it again......probably gonna have to pay scalper bucks for this set........

15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll probably just forget about it and then it'll end up on BBTS in a year, like the Magneto/Family Matters set and a bunch of other former exclusives.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

The only time you would have a reason to worry is if you got a notice for delivery and never got anything.

17. Joshb721

Awesome, thanks. Hopefully he ships soon.

18. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

Instagram:
    We need Sinister on Krokoa though, he's so much fun. I was going to complain that it's not "lazy" writing, but honestly, sometimes lazy is fine. Yes, they could have taken time out of one of the stories to have a scene where Scott says, why is Sinister allowed here? And the Professor goes, actually it turns out Sinister was a mutant all along and he just sped up the process, and so that meets our totally made up Krakoan laws. Then Scott says, thanks professor for explaining everything, that makes me feel better, I was worried we were going to be breaking our very important made up rules, and then some mutant would see Sinister and complain and it would be an entire thing ...

I'm all for internal consistency, and fictional worlds should make a certain amount of sense in their own context. But it has never helped a story to set time aside not for world building but exposition inspired by D&D rules lawyering.

19. Shaneva002

Man, the amazon venom 3 pack came back in and i couldn't add to cart......tried for 10mins and nothing.....

20. Shaneva002

Finally was able to snag a venom set from Amazon but man it felt like I forced/tricked it to get it through. Does that happen? Or is it really just popping in and out of stock?