The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

For reference:

Zemo after tax = $27

Medium Flat Rate Box = $16.10

That would total $43.10

2. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Yes, a clutch pedal doesnt look like that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Mass retail, like Wal-Mart and Target, etc. I have argued myself that they should be viable for Fan Channel releases. That said, you've also got to take The Mouse into account too now when it comes to the license and they tend to lean into the side of being very family friendly. Something to keep in mind, Marvel Selects did a Mephisto back in the day and it was available through online stores and comic shops. Marvel Selects does regular reissues of their releases but their Mephisto has never been reissued since Disney acquired Marvel.

Plus the team flat out said some of the characters in the tiers couldn't be done at retail specifically due to being demonic in nature. It's not like I pulled this idea from my ass. I don't agree and feel like whoever is above them is being overly cautious. That said, I do think if a figure of Mephisto showed up in today's society at Wally World or Target certain groups would make a stink out of it. Would it be a big enough backlash to hurt the company financially? Probably not but sometimes companies just want to avoid those optics.

For certain types it's not going to matter if it's a fictional character or not. It's what it looks like.

Yep. Particularly #4 and as I mentioned above Disney likely has something to do with this too.

It also helps that Disney doesn't really market him as being a "lord of hell" and more like "a lord of the night".

• Like Like x 4
  4. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

We're at over a third of the goal now. It's not moving as fast as either of the last 2 Marvel Haslabs, but I still think it'll get there and it'll likely move quicker after they start showing tiers. My guess for the tiers would be Mephisto, Blackheart, Lilith and Hellstorm.

All the talk of Hasbro not being able to release demons at mass retail because of whatever requirements Disney has makes me curious if we'll ever actually see him in the MCU. There's been tons of rumors and memes about him, especially after Wandavision, but maybe they actually can't use him. Furthermore, if we ever DID get him, would they be able to release a figure of him in a wave? My guess the answer to both questions is no.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I want Mephisto too. But not for $350 and I probably want the other unlock figures too. I do not have it wired in me to sell parts of a set or split any set in any way so selling the car is not an option if I did back this. Even if this was a 16” Mangog for $350, I’d be hesitant but probably forced to get it since that is one of my most wanted figures.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

At worst I could make my own Mephisto. Too many Marvel Legends figures pick parts left and right and you can find custom cloth capes and my painting skills has improved with each custom I make and would probably cost less than $350.

7. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well it's not horrible I mean here's mine from my Chevy SS
    20220917_111526.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OCD FTW…LOL… I’d probably be the same way…

• Like Like x 1
  9. Slave IV

Yours is normal. What they did was horrible. Clearly someone who doesn’t know shit about cars was looking at a picture of one with a step down parking brake and confused that with a clutch (if they even know what a clutch is). They also put the brake pedal all the way on the left next to the “clutch” when it should be next to the throttle like yours.

769B9EBB-58D1-4A21-9110-8194D8EAB35F.jpeg
    :p :p :p 

Yeah man. Thing is, I like the car and would keep it if I bought it anyways but this is just another case of a company taking advantage of how much they can squeeze out of us. That’s what they exist for so I can’t blame them but I also need to draw the line somewhere.

Also, anyone who believes the unlock goals are freebie bonuses for us is kidding themselves. The costs for all those unlocks is already calculated into the price and the only thing it means is each one we don’t unlock is an additional tax on customers and extra profit for Hasbro.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    The good news is that the car is a prototype so if you let them know the problem, they may actually change it before release.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Slave IV

I like the positive thinking! Well, I laid it out so anyone who cares can point it out to them. Unfortunately for me, fixing the pedals won’t increase the value that much to me. Just goes back to the whole thing where if you’re going to do something anyways, why not do it right? Especially when it will end up costing the same amount to make it either way.

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea I think it’s a house of mouse thing too. Thing is…as close as Mephisto is to anything they don’t want to see…Mephisto is bad and is supposed to be bad. Having him available in the mainline justifies having 1 or plenty other figures of heroes to oppose him, whether by display or play. They should prioritize potential sales over potential emotional reactions by people who don’t even collect Legends, especially right now. If they’re smart they can use the negative reactions by non-collector speculators as free advertising.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I agree. Try convincing Ze Mouse-Fuhrer of that though. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  14. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mephisto should come with alternate wedding ring hands for Peter and MJ.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Oh god... the internet rage that would induce...

• Like Like x 3
  16. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll be able to resist the Ghost Rider Haslab if it's just what we've seen so far and normal Robbie Reyes and Mephisto and Blackheart, since I have the older figures of the latter two. But any of the remaining tiers includes these guys and gal I'd be sorely tempted and may have to strike the bargain with the devil!

Belasco - also an X-Men villain to bring in those fans
    belasco.jpg

Damion Hellstrom - since there's no way he can ever be sold at retail, being the "Son of Satan"
    hellstrom.jpg

Lilith Mother of Demons, I wouldn't mind getting the other Lilith, the Daughter of Dracula as well :) 
    lilith.jpg

Nightmare - though I feel he will eventually appear in a future Dr Strange movie and we'd likely see him at retail in movie and comic book forms
    nightmare.jpg

Satannish - big evil demon
    satannish.jpg

Zarathos - gotta have him in a Ghost Rider Haslab right?
    Zarathos.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Nightmare looks like a simple 2020 Morbius retool.
    f816e690093360e49a7242ea1a7d065ddb72c5a7.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Dwight says a lot of things and they aren't always true. Besides, we're not talking about a regular store, we're talking about online ones.

Anyway, some of you guys seem really hooked up on the interior of the car. Do you plan on doing something specific with the interior? Because I see the insides and say, "Oh, that's cool that they went into that level of detail," and then move on. The interior looks fine to me. What's the big deal?

• Like Like x 1
  19. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll give you that on the models. I wasn't clear enough but the point is there isn't anything like that I am jam my figures into. This could've filled that niche. Again I think the model of car could have some cross interest from people who just want the car. Either for customizing or that they like representations of Chargers.

After allz the Charger is consistently one of the most iconic and recognizable muscle cars so I would be surprised if there wasn't any interest from action figure collectors who want a 6" scaled Charger for their figures.

20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Made myself a Peter Parker today, now I just need civilian bodies for MJ, Cindy Moon and eventually Miles Morales and Ghost Spider
    20220917_155350.jpg

• Like Like x 6