The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Still kind of reminds me of the way Sal Buscema drew him

• Like Like x 2
  2. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The tease is a backpack that Ryan pulled out of his backpack.

upload_2021-12-16_11-0-26.png

3. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

Clearly Maggott looks super happy to be finally getting a figure too.

Suprised they didn't give him an extra goggles head.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think the backpack is a Peter Parker tease? It looks like the one included with the SHF homecoming suit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The tease is a beige backpack with black straps. I'm lost.

I'm going to end up buying more of that X-Men wave than I intended when it initially leaked. :lol  I think the only ones I don't want are Maggot and Bonebreaker. Though I'll be looking to do a head swap on Havok. Never been a fan of that particular "head gear" look from his classic costume.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That Hulk price....:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  7. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    That was my big shock about his figure as I'm used to seeing him wearing sunglasses or goggles.

Still...Maggot getting a figure. Now we just need Marrow to help fill out that weird era of late 90's X-Men. XD

8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    That could’ve/should’ve been a fan channel or Walgreens exclusive, Phoenix claws are cool and so is the ASX costume but the added shoulder pads and burning claws scream exclusive.
    LOL too scrawny too! Should’ve gone with a bigger body especially considering while he wasn’t mid-90’s borderline monstrous Venom massive, he was still a built looking dude when John Buscema drew him in that costume for the Iron Fist books. This one looks lanky. Or maybe the head sculpt is too big?

The Toy Biz one shows it’s aged but it nailed the proportions whereas this one looks like Wild Child trying to bulk up a bit to be like Sabretooth.

Finally!

• Like Like x 1
  9. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    That I do not know.

10. F For Fake

F For Fake Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, just Havok and Sabretooth for me, but I GOTTA have that Bonebreaker. Will have to decide if I want to buy the wave and sell off the figures, or wait and buy the BAF on ebay. We'll see which makes more sense financially when the time comes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I was only going to get Siryn and Havok, and then they teased the BAF ... guess I'm getting the whole wave now.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. It's bullshit. Because you know damn well they aren't going to give us a discount on Toad who is tiny. They will demand the same $31.99 for him they are charging for Cap and Tony even though he will use way less plastic to keep things 'consistent'. But that logic doesn't go the other way. But whatever, I'm not interested in that Hulk anyway, it's just the 80th figure again with a different skin tone and heads.

13. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Spider-Man for sure with that backpack tease. Only question is which.

14. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

Ebay:
    Dorkside usually sells completed bafs, but you need to be quick. Pricey, but cheaper than buying the whole wave

• Like Like x 1
  15. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They went into a lot of detail about his size. They were going for his first appearance look when he wasn't shown as being that big. And then when he was fighting Wolverine, he didn't HAVE to be that big since Wolverine is little. But they did say they have plans to give us bigger versions of Sabertooth down the line. My biggest gripe is that head. if there's no alt, I'll just give the figure to my son who doesn't have a Sabertooth and keep the BaF part.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Out of the reveals for sure I'll be getting Maggot and Wolverine (wish they would've done a different version than this one). The maybe's are Syrin (looks fantastic), Havok (the fx pieces are great) and Vulcan. Bone breaker looks awesome! but I have no space to build a Ravagers display lol Sabertooth is a bit too Scrawny and doesn't look to accurate face wise, but I am glad to hear Dwight say they'll do the big Sabertooth in the future!

I thought for sure they would be teasing some more X-Men VHS reveals. The backpack tease also seems to be Spidey related.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  17. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If my memory is correct, this comes with a MCU Spider man Homecoming Peter Parker and Ned 2 pack that’s going to be in the Spider-Man 60th line.

• Like Like x 6
  18. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Many times have I bought an entire wave just because of the BAF.

Kingpin (and then they made the retro card one), Abomination (because I liked the gamer version over the smaller comic one), Molten Man (again cause I liked the look given how silly the comic one looks), Crimson Dynamo (I like this version even if I would prefer a classic one)...

I'm trying to get the BAF Armadillo completed, but missing the two arm pieces.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

Not terribly interested in anything revealed at the livestream, except maybe Jigsaw because he looks cool and he'd look good fighting Punisher. Don't care about anything in the X-Men wave, if I see Havok on sale I may grab him to have a representation of the character on the X-Men shelf, but I'm very glad the BAF is Bonebreaker so I can pass on the whole thing. Hulk looks...weird. That rocky base is kind of awesome though.

On the other hand, I'm super super excited for that Multiverse of Madness wave. I'm very proud of myself for accurately guessing most of that wave too, even down to the BAF, though I did think they'd do Wanda instead of Astral Strange. Doesn't matter much to me, I have an extra Wanda for the MOM shelf anyway. I'll probably sell off Sleepwalker and D'Spayre, I have no attachment to them whatsoever, but I'm 100% down for all the movie stuff, especially that Defender Strange, that might honestly be the coolest looking MCU figure they've ever released. And that portal accessory, good lord that's beautiful. Hopefully he goes on sale eventually so I can get a bunch of those.

20. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Now, I don't care if Hulk's hair looks like he's got a wet mop on top of his head I might buy him besides Hulk is Hulk to me.

• Like Like x 1