The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Grrrr. Of course the F4 set I ordered is backordered EXCEPT Sue Storm. She's the only one that shipped. lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz cutest ninja

News Credits:
    These 2 just got delivered. Mr. Fantastic and Thing say they are backordered now (estimated Nov 10-15)
    20211107_115251.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

I just came to post this exact same thing!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

Thing just shipped. 5/6 are shipped now. Just waiting on Mr Fantastic.

Edit: And Reed just shipped too!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

IMG_20211107_151125579.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

I was adjusting the shelves and accidentally bumped it which knocked everything down except Frogman. Who would have thought he would be the last man standing? Lol. And Dormamu seems to be getting a little frisky with Thanos…
    651D020C-86FE-43DA-9288-4E2B38F799C6.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  7. openchallenge

openchallenge Shelves interlinked.

I'm happy with mine. All I've really done with him was figure out how he was going to be displayed. It was either getting into that or figuring out another place for him. Considering I found the previous version in the good colors at a close out store and traded it feeling I might regret it, things definitely worked out. That cabinet seemed perfect until I remembered CLASSIC DR STRANGE.

8. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    He had help
    maxresdefaultrewr332r32.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. RobimusPrime

RobimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just waiting on Mr. Fantastic myself. Preordered back in August & 5 out of 6 shipped. Tried to get Target to price match the BOGO sale on them + 10% off Veteran discount + 5% RedCard. No dice. Reordered them all with the same result. $95.64 vs. $142.50? Um yeah, I’ll be returning the first order shortly!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Thanks! Had the 25% off one toy and a 5% birthday promo both about to expire, and a couple bucks in Target Circle rewards. Got it down to $28 shipped!

Not gonna lie… I’m going to pretend it’s Classified G.I. Joe General Hawk on some days, lol. :p 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  13. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

Wearing some very eccentric booties….

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    More new shit! I jumped on the Target deal like a bunch of others and got the FF retro wave now rather than waiting. (I was too late for the AoA wave, oh well.) The first three shipped recently, and Reed just shipped yesterday.

[​IMG]

Random thought time, especially since two of these guys are actually new:
    • Sue's head/face in-hand isn't as bad as I was expecting? From the side, the profile's actually aight to me. I do like we're getting a different expression from the generic expression we got before, but yeah the features could've been done a bit sharper and hair less poofy. While I prefer the classic/Walgreens look, these Negative Zone costumes and the shade of blue they use are pretty, and the white really pops. I'd planned on skipping Sue/Reed/Ben since I own the Walgreens and SS wave sets, but these costumes and the deal pulled me in. So far I'm not regretting it. If Sue's the worst of the four, I figure it's only up from here.
    • High Evolutionary...I dunno. I really wanted this guy to show up somewhere eventually, but I'm not as wowed as I was hoping I'd be. Part of it is my own mental image of him was Evolutionary being taller than how he's normally depicted (so a me thing). The other part is he's a character who's general appearance has remained pretty consistent, but there's still been subtle shifts. We're getting a more modern look, which differs from his "classic" look a smidge (the layout of the metal studs on his torso and skirt, his belt being an actual silver belt instead of a dial-looking thing we're getting, at times being more pinkish purple), and I kinda preferred the classic look. There's still room for a "classic" Evolutionary, but do I really need to own this guy twice? Also, lack of accessories outside of extra hands = boo (getting an unmasked, animalish head would've been neat). I guess I could borrow an effect piece from another figure and use it with him.
    • Psycho-Man is my likely unexpected winner of this wave. The suit looks like it should turn out to be a barely functional toy, but Hasbro really nailed this, avoiding what could've been a brick and instead making a solid figure despite his "what if an angry cloud became an astronaut, and then we made a toy out of it" aesthetic. Gorgeous color scheme with that metallic green. I saw the Fwoosh review and thankfully the head on mine's perfectly fine, totally secure. I could've gone for an extra, angry head over the neutral expression we got, but I'm so pleased that that feels like a nitpick.
    • My real quibble is with his control box and the one hand he has to hold it; unlike the recent Red Skull and his holding hand, this isn't specifically tailored to the pad, so you have to ram it into the hand to get him to hold it. Either you rest it at the right angle and accept it'll fall out easily, or cram it in and accept you'll warp his thumb sooner or later. They really should've either: 1. Made the pad thinner; 2. Made a right hand with a wider grip; or 3. Tooled a pad with grips for his fingers to slot into (and perhaps with a tooled dent in the palm so you could nestle a corner of the pad right into it). This is a really good figure that could've been great if they'd just gone that extra mile.
    [​IMG]

That was one of my favorite Joes growing up! I loved the jetpack thing.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Found Vulture at Target. Haven’t opened it yet, but glad to get him finally. He’ll look good next to Mysterio. Also saw Hydra Stomper and Kro, but
    I don’t have a strong desire to get Kro after seeing Eternals; it’s not even accurate to the final design. Now a deluxe-sized Arishem, THAT I’d buy—I loved his design in the movie.
    . Hydra Stomper is way bulkier and thicc in person, I was impressed. Just don’t wanna spend $50 on it when he didn’t do much beyond one episode. Hope I don’t regret that decision later ^^’

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Jesus, Invisible Woman still looks like her face was hit with a brick.

• Like Like x 2
  17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like you guys beat me to posting pics of the Retro FF wave!

For me, Psycho Man is the best figure of the wave. I just find his neck articulation is limited and I wished he had better gripping hands to hold his er, tablet better.

HE…I liked him too but I noticed “mould lines” on the chest area on all the figures I saw.

Human Torch. I like the colours better on this.

Thing. Still a solid figure.

Reed. Why can’t we have normal non-lab coat arms? I haven’t opened him yet.

Sue. Her face…it’s too wide.

• Like Like x 2
  18. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

C3A87E43-E04F-4B72-A4C1-84B124319036.jpeg
    if you’re talking about this figure then just swap out the arms and swap the hands.

• Like Like x 6
  19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! I can pull up the hands without breaking them?

20. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the hands will swap out like most marvel legends?

• Like Like x 1