The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Link for Hulk and Wolverine says 404 not found.

Ran a search for both and nada.

2. Beetle

Beetle MACH Daddy

Finally.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  3. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hmm That's weird. Could've been a small quantity and sold out. They were there when I posted.

4. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Between modular Iron Man and stealth, which would y’all pick? Trying to whittle down preorders and even though the stealth looks cool, not sure if I need it over the new modular mold

5. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Stan Lee is now coming up as 404 not found.

6. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I personally would go with Modular Iron Man.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Modular all the way!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Modular for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Got the Stane/Iron Monger set. Is it worth the MSRP? As with most legends celebratory assortments, I don’t think so.

However I bit the bullet and got it so here we are. Likeness for Stane is good but of the 2 copies I saw today, 1 had eyes printed facing to the left. Uses the suit body that Hasbro loves using.

Iron Monger is what most people are getting this set for. Finally something in Legends scale(the 6” 2nd Iron Monger figure from the 2008 line was scaled more for 3.75 figures). The pistons don’t hinder range as much as I thought they would. I don’t have any issues with the sculpt, it was designed to be posed so some of the pistons are static. I don’t have issues with that. I do wish this was made out of ABS, it makes sense for bigger armors. Not that it was known for it, but it can actually pull off a superhero landing pose due to its balljointed waist joint. I like that the arc reactor in Iron Monger is sculpted with a clear lens over it, instead of just being painted. The thigh swivels are integrated with the sculpt well and don’t break it at all.

It can get annoying when some of the pistons pop put when posing and I’m not a fan of how the ankle tilt feels a little gummy. There’s some imperfections like swirling in the plastic and some parts of the surface seem like they accidentally had gloss coat spilled on them(I thought it was mold release but it stayed on after I tried wiping it off). These are common issues with Marvel Legends so nothing unexpected here.

Good set but I think $60 is more reasonable.

Modular. Long time coming and pinless, very welcome replacement for the Toy Biz Face Off modular armor.

Can’t go wrong waiting it out for either though. Modular is packed 2 per case and stealth isn’t the hardest figure in the wave to get(it’s Ultron in my experience). Both, or rather all 3, are worth picking up.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

I don’t have either of the Modular or Stealth Armors. I don’t have an affinity towards either but would be very tempted if they hit $15 or less. Not sure that will happen though.

11. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    They likely will with sales as Christmas season approaches. Modular was thee 90’s armor for and I loved how it didn’t have a mouth sculpted on it. Also liked seeing it used in the 1st 2 MVC games. I liked it so much that it took me a long time for the armor afterwards to grow on me(and even then, that was in the storyline where Tony blacked out, killed an Avenger and then the Avengers grabbed a younger version of him from the past and brought him to present time to beat his ass, I forgot if this got retconned years later but yea, not the best times).

I’d been waiting for something to replace the Toy Biz modular and am glad the new one is a more than fitting replacement. The Toy Biz one was too small and looked very cheap(paint apps on mine were terrible!).

Now where’s a new comic Mandarin Hasbro?!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

If there weren’t other options in the world of recent comic style Iron Man figures, I’d go with Stealth. But because I already got a better Stealth from Mezco, I’d go with Modular. They did do a pretty good job with Modular and my kid really likes it so there’s that too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Modular without a doubt, and I have it on the way from Amazon! Absolute requirement for me as I need to pair it with the deluxe War Machine figure!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

But if I know correctly, Modular was meant to have attachments for Tony to use in different settings so it seems like this armor should have been a deluxe with 4/5 attachments to truly be modular, no?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    That’s true but it was also used a lot without the attachments, so I wouldn’t mind a deluxe release later.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Yeah, he had a bunch of add-on armors that would attach to the Modular armor for different scenarios. I believe the MK II version of the Hulkbuster armor was also part of that. Though, as @Shin Densetsu said, Tony used the armor a lot without the add-ons so it's not like that's all there was to it. Plus it was popularized in the 90s not just in the comics, but it was the armor he used in the Capcom v Marvel games and the armor that was in the 90s toons (his own and when he'd guest star or cameo in other 90s Marvel toons). Honestly, I'd want a deluxe version to come with a Proton Canon from the MVC games before any of the stuff he used in the comics.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

I would love a Hall of Armor wave with modular Hyrdo Armor, Space Armor, Sonic Armor, Holographic Armor, Subterranean Armor, etc.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

And a new Hulkbuster for the BAF win!

• Like Like x 5
  19. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

I disagree. Clearly pricing is a topic of debate among collectors regarding Legends in particular, but we're essentially paying $50 for Iron Monger, which is the new larger deluxe price, he's BAF sized and those go anywhere from 60-100+ on the regular, plus a brand new sculpt that can't get reused for anything else. I think it's definitely worth 50 alone. Plus you're essentially getting Stane for 20 which is not only a discount from the normal anniversary pricing but even from the new standard pricing for this year. I guess he is technically 23 if you get the set for full retail price, but I've seen it for an even 70 from most places now.

20. Dao

Dao Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Finally, Hasbro took long enough Screenshot_2021-09-18-20-00-50-258.jpg