The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

If it’s a mixture of early waves, I have to imagine wave two or at least the non-Namor figures are out of the running for being done recently or coming out before whatever-this-is does next year.

Could also be a smattering of random figures across the most nostalgic releases that are included, too, but I have a hunch that Toad’s in the mix no matter if it’s strictly Wave 1 or not.

Good call on bringing up that next year is the 20th anniversary! As an aside, loved how just after our discussion of the early Hasbro HeroScape stands, they got a highlight in this stream.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Oh man, awesome! Thank you!

Definitely going to try get an order in for the Excalibur 3-pack.

3. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    I have that poster!

• Like Like x 1
  4. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    With only 4 days left I really hoped they would show off the follow Galactus tier, if there even is one.

5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    *sigh* If NWH Jameson came with a separate Raimi Trilogy head, he would've been an insta-buy. Alas, Hasbro doesn't love us like that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Since those are the two in the main cast with the most fame/clout/whatever, I wonder if they put certain limitations on the use of their likenesses. I read somewhere that Benicio del Toro only granted Hasbro a one-time use of his face for the SDCC exclusive Collector figure, but that could just be hearsay.

I wish they'd have revealed the rest of the Galactus stretch goals as well. Surfer looks nice, but I was never going to be too excited for him, as I'm fairly certain someone will make another 6-inch Silver Surfer figure within my lifetime.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

There are definitely more tiers. They said as much a few events ago when they first showed the Nova and Surfer silhouettes. They specifically pointed out how there was more room in the image.

8. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

It's odd that Kitty is grinning though, as that's not exactly a normal character trait of hers. The grin on both her and Meggan is ... weird. A smile wouldn't be bad, but I hate it when action figures show teeth. They always look deranged.

There is something off, the hair and the grin, but I keep thinking there is something more. I can't put my finger on it.

Meggan's hair is as odd as Walgreens medusa's. I wish they'd find a different way to do hair on these gals with the 80's perm/tease. When they do big hair, they tend to accentuate the forehead too much, making the girl look like her hairline is receding. That face just doesn't look like Meggan. I see it, and in my mind's eye, I see Kristen Wiig from SNL...

163c20e8e683748eaddeeb0810e9ec33.jpg

My comments about CB yesterday basically translate to the whole pack. Been anxiously awaiting them all, and now I'm both excited they're being made and pretty bummed that they're extremely lackluster. The whole set feels phoned-in. Sure, I'll end up buying it, but I'll have to do a lot of work to make them into something that doesn't bug me every time I walk by the shelf. Alan Davis can't possibly be pleased with these.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting that the box says X-Men though...

10. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Well, they're part of the broader X-Men family, but yeah, you'd think they'd put "Excalibur" on the box. Probably one of those things where they don't own the name outright, so they'd have to put "Marvel's Excalibur" on there or something, and they just said screw it.

11. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Instagram:
    I’m gonna bet my ass with NWH’s trailer sealing the deal, we’re getting Raimi and Webb film figures in the future. It’ll be a while, but I wouldn’t be surprised after the sheer amount of positive reception for those films rn.

• Like Like x 2
  12. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They'll double-dip on that version in a few months, after we've all bought this one.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That's great, but with 4 frigging days left, they should really tell us what they are.

14. NSJ23

NSJ23 can’t think of something witty..

what is the style of the 2nd head he comes with? i haven't seen a picture clear enough to tell.

15. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    224068FA-3F9C-4301-A6D5-E330B3169871.jpeg

New Miles looks excellent. I hope they give us a better enhanced suit Spidey from the first game with this much new sculpting at some point; the lazy repaint they made didn't cut it.
    Yeah you'd think for a $400 product, Surfer should have a better finish... something closer to actual chrome, at least glossier than the paint shown here. Maybe the final version will be an improvement.

The teaser image for the unlocks definitely has room for two more heralds after Nova & Surfer, but I'm hoping we get some optional/alternate parts for Galactus himself as well. I could see this clearing 20k in the home-stretch push. Maybe final two heralds at 18 & 19k, and something special/different for 20k? Five unlocks seems like a good goal to aim for!

• Like Like x 5
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed on both counts. This Miles could replace the very outdated Walmart exclusive from 2012-2013 with the permanently bent neck. This Miles is close enough to double as a comic version to me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Shouty and neutral. Plus lots of hands - pointing, pounding, slapping. All kinds of fun.

Attached Files:

• jjj.jpg
      jjj.jpg
      File size:
      159.5 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I’m a fan of “deranged”. Haha. Of course, I have zero ties to either of those characters, so, I can see where long-time fans might be disappointed if those figures are only made available with those expressions.

19. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

They updated the image to show Surfer no longer as a silhouette.

upload_2021-8-26_12-32-44.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what's the next tier reward?
    Firelord would be a good choice IMO. He's classic, has a long history in the comics, and is any easy figure (ie: Bucky sculpt with some paint and Ghost Rider head flame.)

• Like Like x 1