The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Unless you're ordering through someone else in a batch, it ended like five hours before you posted this.

2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Well I backed one at the last minute to hedge my bets. If anybody is attending RetroCon after this releases, I'll probably be able to do better than whatever eBay prices will be at that time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably the overseas orders getting counted in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let’s just say this…I got a “contact” who is willing to let go of 1 Galactus.

However, its more likely I will stop at 3 because of Haslab Star Saber (min 2 sets) for me + Haslab Rancor!!!

5. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Okay, that's good! Given a couple others here missing out on Galactus by miscalculating on time, I was a bit concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks man! But I PO-ed my first two Galactus 2-3 weeks back? Then my 3rd one recently.

I think I’m all but done with ML so might as well go out with a “bang”. No more ML waves for me.

Just waiting for a better Abomination, OG Dr. Strange, Adam Warlock and may be armoured Ronan.

7. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Funny story, I took this picture the day after Unicron arrived and posted it in the main Unicron thread, as I wanted a shot of both devourers together:

unicron.jpg

Now, I'm not a Legends collector, and that Toybiz Galactus was the last Marvel legends figure I had bought, maybe around 2008. Because I'm a big Galactus fan, and liked the figure so much, I had it on my desk at my last job for maybe 6 years.

But after having Unicron for a few months, the more I looked at that Toybiz Galactus, the less and less I enjoyed it and the more it reminded me of the high stress and late nights at work. So after waffling for a few months, I put it up for sale on ebay, and someone bought it on a Tuesday in mid July. The Friday of that same week, because someone posted it on a TF FB group, I found out about the Haslab Galactus, about 20 minutes into the debut livestream. I backed it right after.

The weirdest turnaround of an old figure replaced by a new figure I've ever had. Serendipitous though. And now here I am, tracking down older ML releases that I want to display with the Haslab Galactus. But day 1, gonna replicate this shot for sure once Big G comes next fall.

• Like Like x 11
  8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Did anyone else get messsages from Amazon saying that half of their Age of Apocalypse wave was delayed until Nov? That's just stupid. Either delay the entire wave or don't delay any of them at all.

9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    No but I only just got my Ultron from Pulse yesterday. I had honestly forgotten that I ordered it.

10. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

I very much dig the blown-out exposure in that picture. The bright highlights on G’s helmet make him pop against Unicron really nicely.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    $49.99-$52.99

• Like Like x 1
  12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I had a few things I have on preorder with Amazon that were pushed back from October to November. Iceman, Pyscho Silver vs In Space Blue, and Scorpina vs Yellow Ranger. I also had the exclusive Wolverine five-pack moved up from December to November. Shouldn't really be a surprise that shit's going to get janky like this with the worldwide distribution issues.

13. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I would have probably broke and ordered a Galactus had it looked more like that old Toy Biz BAF Galactus as that is how I remember Galactus. The classic Kirby style look. The HasLab one is a more modern take and I felt his helmet looks too busy. I think it was the same feeling as to why I didn't back the HasLab Sentinel. I have certain ideas for how characters should look in my head. Add to that the huge cost of the figures even with the added tier figures. I would have liked Nova and Morg, but..eh...

I seriously think if the final tier reveal had been a Kirby style Galactus head instead of that Dr. Doom one, they'd have gotten even MORE backers than they already got.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's not the delay I care about, it's that only half of the AoA wave was delayed. Why only half?

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I only preordered Iceman so the only one I preordered happened to be one of the delayed ones. That said; likely they aren't getting enough cases in to fill all their preorders if they get full cases. But places like Amazon, BBTS, etc. that offer single figure preorders actually do get full cases of one character so it's possible that some individual cases are stuck in port or on ships while others aren't. Everything is a mess right now.

16. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

Increased demand for the other figures so you have to wait for their next shipment? They're not trying to single you out or anything, Dr Kain... :) 

17. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amazon has a coupon that's working right now. It gives you $15 off a purchase of $25 or more. You have to use the app. I just ordered SS Thrust for $16! You can get Fat Endgame Thor for $11! Sign into the app, then follow the directions in the link below:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/373 ... es-083121/

• Like Like x 3
  18. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Thanks! I had to take the picture on my dining room table due to Unicron's girth, and coincidentally was getting my window blinds replaced, so ended up doing just that, blowing out the exposure, to conceal all the mess, which had the nice impact of making G stand out against Unicron, just as you said.

When going back through historical ML releases to see who I want to pick up to display with Galactus, I've noticed that they alternatively release a modern version, then a retro at some point, or vice versa (classic Doom/modern Doom, Annihilation Nova/classic Nova, all the various X-Men takes, the FF, Thors, etc. etc., except for Strange, for some weird reason).

They can't do that with this Galactus for obvious reasons, and so I'm somewhat "convinced" they're going to release a kirby head next fall. Should they have done that instead of the Doom head? Of course. But (and I'm speculating here) maybe they looked at their analytics and determined they could maximize profits by selling the Kirby head as a separate piece vs. the marginal sales that would happen if they had it as the last tier. Obviously I could be completely off base, but I think they have at least contemplated it.

Yeah, I understand completely how you feel about the modern vs classic look, simply because I actually prefer the opposite. But I completely understand the preference, perhaps even frustration.
    Just from a purely subjective, personal standpoint, I was ecstatic that the Haslab Galactus had a modern take. Between the Toybiz Galactus and the Hasbro MU Galactus, I definitely preferred the Toybiz, but that was largely because I found serious flaws with the MU Galactus' proportions. I had both because I wanted a classic and modern take. Ultimately both ended up being sold (the MU Galactus was the first to go by several years).

But to me, I prefer Galactus to look as modern as possible, simply because he is supposed to be one of the real scions of the concept/idea of science in Marvel. There're plenty of stories where characters of real scientific prowess (Reed, Thanos, High Evolutionary, Doom) either flat out admit Galactus' tech is beyond them or that they just take his technology and use it for their own means since it's better than theirs. As characters got more modernized in the early 2000s, I just noticed how Galactus was looking more and more like a relic (again, to me) and wished someone would modernize his look. It's why Wellinton Alves' Galactus is my favorite interpretation, aside from Kirby's (Thor run).

But yeah, I completely get preferring the classic/Kirby look. I legit would have bought 2 more if they had a Kirby head in the last tier, but nope, we were Doom'ed instead.

19. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Tried my best to get it to work but nope. Yes, on my phone, tried disregarding the message etc.

20. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

I guess next ML Haslab they'll ask for 25k base backers and stretch goals on top?