The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

Tom's Peter is ABSOLUTELY nerdy and awkward. He also acts more like a real teenager than the other two have. And how aren't HC and FFH concerned with characters? We've seen Peter come a long way evolving into a hero and using Tony's instead of Ben's death to drive his independence factor is new ground. Uncle Ben still exists in this universe, but that story has been rehashed so many times, no one should be mad it's not in this trilogy. Ben is the reason he put on the homemade suit in the first place. And he created his web-shooters, that's all him, that's the majority of what comic Spider-Man did at first, he just has a slightly fancier suit now instead of just spandex, but Homecoming showed he didn't need those things to do what needed to be done.

I think one of the reasons I love MCU Spider-Man so much is because he reminds me a lot of Spectacular Spider-Man, which is by far my favorite interpretation of the character ever. Personally, I'd love a limited series on Disney+ that shows his life before Civil War, I think that would assuage a lot of doubts people have about this interpretation of the character.

This.

• Like Like x 6
  2. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

Well the movie franchises have finite lifespans and numbers of sequels. We'll be hard pressed to get another 1-2 MCU Spiderman movies after this so it's not like they can cover every villain eventually.

So, rather than show another Doc Ock, I'm glad they're using this to make a bonkers reality merging movie with multiple universes of Spider-men and villains. There's NO other franchise which can ever accomplish something like this.

I'm even curious about Sony's bizzarre Sinister 6 they're working towards.

Back on topic, I've been out of the loop, have we had any announcement on Silver Surfer and if he'll be different from previous releases? Maybe a stand to sit in galactus' hand would be neat.

3. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Which part is confusing you? Big-H needs to fix this deco. It's terribly inaccurate for the late-80's Excalibur timeframe.

Agreed. I can't pinpoint which prior figure used that head (if there was one), but it certainly doesn't look like it was sculpted to be Brian. It's too old/wrinkly, and the mask is just painted on. The more times I look at it, the more disappointed I get. WTF, that's not what CB looks like, Hasbro!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm confused on the part where we're talking about Captain Britain. Did Hasbro finally announce that rumored Excalibur box set?

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    No but they revealed Captain Britain via a UK reviewer today. The review video was posted a couple of pages back.

6. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

The pic I posted was an Alan Davis drawing on the left, the new figure on the right, and in the middle was my quick and dirty (excuse the sloppy photoshop) mod of what it *should* look like.

7. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

The good thing for me is I’m not interested in MCU Marvel Legends and even less interested in the old Sony characters in figure form so money saved!
    Not sure why they can’t continue movies and introduce more characters though. These characters and stories have been going on for over 60 years. New actors are just like new artists.

• Like Like x 1
  8. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seeing that Power Rangers Lightning Collection Finster this morning makes me really want to see a Marvel Legends Retro Fantastic Four Puppet Master!

F22855S01_5010993896332_main_21_Medium_150DPI_2000x.jpg

ee3d44d77bcf16546d36ebff0fe43da3.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

Damn, I know nothing about that character, but that figure looks incredible! All the Ranger villains have had really cool sculpts, I know we get a lot more Legends releases, but I'd love to see even half as many unique new sculpts like this in that line.

10. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I think the problem with Legends is that (in the comics portion at least) a lot less opportunity for unique sculpts since a lot of the characters are just guys/girls in spandex costumes. It was one of the major complaints about every iteration of Mattel's DC line too.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's not really that much to know about Finnster. He was just the omnipresent monster-maker in the original Power Rangers season, sculpting the Monster-of-the-Week out of clay and then imbuing them with life in his kiln before sending them to Earth to wreak havoc at the behest of Rita Repulsa. That's pretty much the entirety of his character. He, and his fellow monsters on the moon didn't do much otherwise, just spouting a few petty one-liners and puns for the brief few moments they're actually on-screen.

• Like Like x 1
  12. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Found a use for one of the many many many spare x-heads around here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    0826210509c.jpg 7 0826210532.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  14. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  15. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No wonder Helen killed him :p 

• Like Like x 2
  16. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nova tier unlocked on Galactus Haslab right before the Fan Thursday stream!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Sweet. Hopefully they show us more than just the next tier. They want to get a rush of last-minute backers that's the best way to entice people impo.

• Like Like x 2
  18. pgd4lyfe

pgd4lyfe Well-Known Member

Sounds like the new Surfer will be made too at this rate. Hopefully if that happens there will be enough on the secondary market to grab one for 50 or so bucks. Obsidian Surfer is cool and all but the Silver Surfer using that mold is near-perfect, shame I missed out on that given I started collecting my favorites a year or two after that one game out.

19. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

I'm sure at worst you'll be able to buy the Walgreens one fairly cheap. I'll likely be willing to let mine go if I'm getting a new one with Galactus.

20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Eternals recap. Ewwwww...