The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

With a piece like Galactus, all the heralds should of been made, some as tier add-ons, and once the project was funded, a full hearld release wave or boxed set, as Hasbro has 18 months to produce the product.

• Like Like x 2
  2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I backed my 3rd Galactus so I can have extra figures of the Heralds too but I got a feeling Hasbro might release them separately - 50/50 chance.

LOL! You're just like me dude! Like you, my collection is all over the place - some at my folks' place (main bulk) and my current place...I really need to sort my stuff out...I haven't opened stuff like my SDCC Marvel Universe Sentinels, a couple of ML waves etc...and that's just ML. For other lines - MOTUC Snake Mountain, Battle Ram, Sky Sled, most of the vehicles...

You're not the only one...a couple of my buddies ordered Galactus the moment Surfer was announced...the concept of a space-faring, planet devouring alien served by a herald is one of the coolest concepts ever.

Ah yes...when the Annihilation story kicked-off, it filled me with hope and the storyline was good but again, Marvel dropped the ball. It's like they have no interest in pushing it - even though it has proven profitable for them. Heck, the basic of the MCU's Infinity War and End Game all took root from the cosmic aspect of the Marvel comics....of course, being an long time reader, we know that. But its kinda sad to see the state of US comics these days. My friends and even kids no longer follow them - opting for manga instead.

Happy Birthday to the King of comics! I enjoyed his work via the reprints such as Marvel Masterworks etc.

Yeah, you're right...totally slipped me the second gripping hand! Good call man! Aesthically, he still looks good though!

We will definitely get Morg (if not already)...the way Hasbro ran this campaign, I had no doubts that all the tiers would be unlocked...that's all I can say.

Sigh...those were the good old days and it was this period that rekindled my love of comics. I literally backtracked to collect all the back issues (they're at my folks' place) for this run. They had interesting storylines such as Galactus having attachments to hs heralds, how the Skrulls regained their shape-shifting abilities thanks to Surfer, Thanos' return etc...too many to list. However things went downhill after the Infinity War.

Thanks for the memories man!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Norita man

Norita man Well-Known Member

Sorry to be that guy but did any one at any point guaranteed that there would a forth tier? Isn't possible that more is actually the final tier?

When I see number rising pike that I chuckle a little thinking about all the comments of people saying it wont be backed or barely and that failure is because of hasbro greed :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keiman74

Keiman74 Perfect geometric shape box

A fellow of distinction and taste, I approve. :cool: 

5. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

I think this lined up with everyone’s expectations actually. It stalled for a couple of weeks because people have been waiting on tiers and goals. We all expected it would at least get made. Once it crawled to being funded and they finally started to reveal stuff more people are buying in. Go figure, adding value with more figures makes people see it as a better buy….

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2DCDA397-CDBF-40FB-AE4C-99F89A6A810B.jpeg
    20k! Morg funded with two days left. Here's hoping for a 4th tier announcement tomorrow! Come on, alternate (Celestial) head!
    Isn't that what they just teased on Twitter (screenshot a few posts above yours)? A 2022 release that will "fit nicely" with Galactus? Not a lot of options other than a herald box set, haha. And makes sense, since there's no way the Haslab would have enough tiers to cover all the heralds.
    There will definitely be a 4th tier. Can't have all the tiers be heralds; gotta have something extra for the main Galactus figure. But you're welcome to keep on doubting until they announce it. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Morg acquired!

Give us Stardust! Or throw caution to the wind and make Tyrant!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I would love Tyrant. Wonder what the chances are of him ever happening though?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Haha, yeah but all my stuff is now consolidated at my place but it’s also why my place is filled to the brim with boxes. I have unopened cases of Marvel Legends dating back to before they were called Marvel Legends in the Toy Biz days.

I am glad we are getting more FF and Cosmic characters because I always say I’ve been waiting for the FF to take their rightful place in the spotlight as Marvel’s First Family. The premier Marvel team and backbone of almost every major event in Marvel history.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Who knows, maybe the potential herald set next fall might be part of an overall wave that has Tyrant as a baf. That is of course being wildly optimistic, but here we are with morg so anything is possible, whether by this Monday or next fall

• Like Like x 3
  11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Truth. Before now I never thought we'd see Morg in Legends. Now... well never say never I guess!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Dan confirmed in a Livestream interview Friday night that there are no celestial-tangent
    tiers.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :cry  My hopes and dreams! Gosh darn it, would have been awesome to let the figure double as a giant Celestial as well. They said in a Youtube interview they had an option to let the main figure be used as more than just Galactus; wonder what it could be, if not a Celestial?

Very curious to see what the fourth tier is now.

14. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky I want more cosmic MCU

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I thought when the Galactus Haslab was announced, one of the Hasbro team said that the final tier was a figure of a character that Jesse Falcon really wanted included. I'm not expecting another tier to be revealed, but I'll be happy if it does happen.

I'm hoping a Herald wave is coming sometime next year, we need Firelord, Air Walker, Stardust, Red Shift and Fallen One. Maybe a B-A-F of the Destroyer armor since he was a Herald at one point as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Not my screenshot (taken from another forum) but Jesse falcon, who works at marvel, posted on FB and confirms that Morg is not the final tier View attachment 29203313
    I have to admit that tidbit from Dwight was enticingly bizarre. Galactus just requires so much extra work to be remade into a celestial, even with Zirans color palette.

If there's an extra non Galactus head, I can only think of Tenebrous from Annihilation if they want to go down that path.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That wouldn't be a very good Tenebrous though either. His color pallet was all wrong and his design was pretty different too even with some similarities.

17. Norita man

Norita man Well-Known Member

Yeh but imagined all tiers were revealed at the beginning and then it would have stop at like 15 000. There would be mobs of angry fans that would harass them to release the figure anyway :"you showed us the 3d render !! How difficult is it to make the figure and release it as an pulse exclusive for 20usd !!! Come one Hasbro!! You greedy greedy selfish guys!! You showed us!!! You owed us!!!! I am the customer I demand to have the figure even of the tier was not reached"

Or something like that:D 
    I saw reactions like that when they said that if the 1st tier will not be reached the nova figure will not be released for in at LEAST 2 years (because the release schedule was booked for the next 2 years) and some people said that was blackmail :eek: 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That kind of entitlement of the fans is insanely mind-blowing...

• Like Like x 4
  19. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ok I figured out how to have an Ultimate movie Thanos, and it will only cost me about $150 out here in Korea :confused: o_O :D  2pk Infinity War, baf pieces from Spiderman (IW Gauntlet) and Rescue (non dusted chest overlay)

• Like Like x 1
  20. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    While I'm waiting for the planet-sized bite to hit my wallet for the new Bigger-G, I took my trusty Toybiz version down to appreciate just how good BAFs used to be back in prehistory. IMG_20210829_112544.jpg

I know the Haslab will dwarf/outclass Him, but I'll never get rid of him regardless.

• Like Like x 9