The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    In regards to moving toy operations to the US, I had the same thoughts as many. The cost of labor would skyrocket and I believe the paint used on our toys is banned here (I think?) due to its extremely toxic nature in gaseous form.

However, something else occurred to me. With operations here, couldn't they create more product quicker? And even distribute it faster? At least here in NA at least. Though shipping costs overseas might go up too... Not sure the logistics but the turnaround of a year or two between toy inception to final product may become a thing of the past. However, initial setup costs for the factory would probably be extremely high, unless they use an third party factory (either existing or new) to shovel out product. A new distribution model would be needed.

These are really just brain farts taking the shape of words. I'm interested if they did do it, how much costs would actually go up short term and long term. Would it be worth it on the consumer side?

Man, my brain hurts. I need breakfast.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, like the Animation Industry and other businesses that have been relying on overseas manufacturing as a way to offset costs by legally paying workers less than a living wage, it's a moral mess made worse by the sheer amount of time it's been the norm. There's no easy sure-shot answer aside from letting it continue or someone (the business, CEOs, us the consumers, etc) willing be able to make some sort of sacrifice. Or some unpredictable 3rd option like it suddenly becoming illegal to keep up business like that, but that's probably the least likely to happen.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    So just got the Hela/Skurge two-pack today. Love the set but can't believe Hasbro didn't at least give her one of her swords. Guess I'll have to track down the single release for those at least. Yeesh.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I just got most of the Captain Marvel movie wave at Ollie's for $5.99 each. They also had some others, such as cowboy hat Wolverine, Northstar , Boom-Boom and a modern-looking, stealthy Iron Man as well for $9.99 as well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MightyMegs

MightyMegs Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Could you imagine the leaks out of the factory tho?

6. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    LOL.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah I need to do that at some point too. Great set though. Love the metallic green and the extra heads.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Hey, this is my beach front property in Oklahoma! Get lost! :p 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

No, it's the same mold as the MK 7 from 2018. Still probably my favorite ML Iron Man mold, though the MK 3 is nice too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

Yikes, hopefully if that's true it doesn't happen for a few years at least. When it does, I'm limiting myself to MCU and Spider-Man stuff only.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Oh yeah. Love this set otherwise. I originally wasn't planning on keeping Skurge and I ended up really liking him.

:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Des and Troy offer great display options for sure haha. I like his figure too. Faceprint tech on both him and Hela are amazing

• Like Like x 1
  13. Terrorpin

Terrorpin Well-Known Member

Don't worry,all are welcome at my Floridian Ski Lodge. =D

But yeah, prices are bound to go up. Or we'll return to how things were 7 years ago when 90% of the figures were boring bucks with no texture. If I was more of a comic fan, I'd be pretty excited for the ones we're getting now. Oh well. Maybe when they finish the older comic styles they'll come back and give us modern fans a bone. I've been waiting on a modern Hawkeye redo for forever. And a comic Spidey who has textures like the old McFarlane spidey did.

14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Got another Omni today:

[​IMG]
    Maybe it's time we hold companies accountable then? If they can't manufacturer in the US, charge a regular decent price, and pay employees a livable wage, maybe their CEO shouldn't be getting paid millions upon millions of dollars a year? Because clearly their man in charge as bright as coal. Let's start making these billionaire dollar companies meet customers halfway instead of always going the full distance.

And I don't mean this just for Hasbro or the toy industry, I mean this for EVERY industry. The last year has shown the failures of our system and exploited its weaknesses, let's start making changes to them!

BTW, saw MODOK on clearance for $25 today at Target.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally agree with this...too bad corporate greed has ruined it...will be very hard if ever for it go back that way.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

The US doesn't have the infrastructure nor the work force for this type of venture. Your not talking about just the factory that stamps the toys. You'd have to have the resources from a different factory to supply the plastic the first factory needs. This is sadly why nearly every major manufactured product is made elsewhere and even the ones made here are "made" as in assembled but the components used to assemble are not actually manufactured here. Now as far as the workforce, we'll we have minimum wage and employee benefits and mandatory break times and.....etc. all of this increases the cost. I for one would love to get a figure from the US but as much as I desire that I don't want to pay $60 for what is a marvel legends now.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As someone who works in a manufacturing industry, your stance is unrealistic. That's not in any way how it works and frankly, complaining about it on a message board isn't going to do anything to change any industry. The whole point of these companies, and every company in general, is to make profits. You start limiting those profits and there is less incentive for these companies to even exist. Don't like the prices? Don't buy the product. That's the only way anything in any industry that is based on capitalism will ever change.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Sounds great but when our system is controlled and caters to the billionaires, why would they want to change anything? They made it this way because that’s what made them billionaires. Plus, people here complain about wanting US made goods but how many of them are willing to do those jobs? No need to get any further into it but basically not gonna happen unless the whole world changes priorities. And if that happens, cheap ass plastic toys probably won’t be a product anymore.

• Like Like x 5
  19. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

1A26C9A8-3E7F-42B7-81F9-CFF3BBC65E1D.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  20. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Toys, yes we will still have them. Just not “cheap ass plastic” ones. :D 

• Like Like x 1