The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I've backed 2 Galactus..going to order 1 or 2 more then I'm done.

True, tbh I was wondering why Hasbro didn't go further into the cosmic characters after Terrax was released. We could have gotten Fire Lord, Air walker, Jack of hearts etc.

• Like Like x 3
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're sounding a bit like an addict there.

*Snorts Galactus* "I can stop whenever I want! One more!"

I honestly don't think they've really had an opportunity to. Terrax was pretty early on, and that wave (as were a lot of the early Hasbro series) was a real grab-bag of characters.

Hasbro didn't really start to hit their stride with the line until they started doing the movie-based waves, with Amazing Spider-Man 2 (and I think that was also the first roll-out of the boxed figures?). The themed waves and heavily movie-based character selection sort of tied their hands there.

With Galactus coming out, though, plus the Eternals giving that area of the Marvel universe a push, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Cosmic-based wave or two coming out to match him. Just as how Unicron's release was timed to coincide with SS86.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    LOL! The reason why I ordered more is because intend to display the different faces and in case, some of the faceplates might have paint defects - I'm really wary of Hasbro QC. The last few TFs I purchases had paint defects such as smudged paint etc. Ultra Magnus, Mirage and Grimlock 2-pack etc.

I thought Terrax came out after the Spider-man 2 wave? Under the "relaunch of ML"?

Ok I could have mixed that up...tbh I can see Marvel going into the cosmic side now because they have practically released all the "big hitters" (X-men) and due the Covid019 situation, they have to er, "show hand" to get more sales.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  4. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    actually, in terms of return on investment, Galactus would be pretty good. Yes, your cash is tied up for a year, but if you sell your set, particularly piecemeal (Galactus, Nova, Surfer, Morg, and a potential 4th tier) I bet that nets pretty close to 800. Not too many things offer doubling your money in 1yr. I’m not necessarily advocating for this, but it is seems sound if you have the cash. Getting 4-5 Galacti for other reasons - well, that is tougher for me to explain lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    The Terrax wave was indeed part of the "Rebirth of Marvel Legends" push, but that was after their first tepid releases, with first the two packs, then the original bubble-carded releases with the Blob wave, Annihilus wave, and then the store-exclusive split Fin Fang Foom waves and Nemesis (Holocaust) waves. There were then two waves under the so-called "Rebirth" branding and a new package style, with Hit-Monkey and then Terrax (plus the store-exclusive X-Men wave with the vampire Jubilee BAF). And then came the ASM2 wave, that set the stage for all the releases following, and Hasbro's never looked back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The old Terrax figure was a piece of crap. I had bought one off ebay about 3 years ago and the leg peg broke right after I opened him up. I was so pissed. Fortunately, the seller was willing to let me return him for a full refund even though I was only trying to get a few dollars back for the leg.

7. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Cosmic Powers was sooo good!

100% agree about Ron Marz. That was actually my first intro to Thanos, the Silver Surfer series. Went back and bought the Infinity Gauntlet stories as a result, but yeah Marz Thanos (and Marz in general)is right up there with Starlin in terms of cosmic characterization.

speaking of writers...mark lackey REALLY did the ruin/disrespect the whole Tyrant finale With his awful writing. Morg was written with as much care as Rhino and Tyrant was so...petty. Don’t remember why Marz never finished it...was some contractual issue I think.

exact same boat. Didn’t collect ML either but jumped on Galactus and have been getting older releases (Thanos, Beta Ray Bill) for a cosmic display. I used this
    The Complete Marvel Legends Checklist

of potential interest is also Marvel Select, who released uatu sometime ago and is getting a reissue this fall, but I think it’s mostly sold out now.

++++++

Speaking of heralds in general, Dan appeared on Parallel Universe livestream last night and “revealed” that there will be a release of either effects or figures or both timed specifically for Galactus’ shipping window to complement him. He was super vague about it but that all but confirms for me that tier 4 wouldn’t be Firelord or any other herald who could carry his own release in a retail wave

• Like Like x 4
  8. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I'm not really sure how commonplace your specific experience was with that toy.

Having handled the body via the Sandman BAF and then the Dr. Strange wave Dormammu, I can definitely say that that body tooling definitely feels dated, though. But nothing broke.

• Like Like x 3
  9. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One to display, one to keep sealed, one to hold the toilet paper in the bathroom, one to hold the oven mitts in the kitchen and one to use as a hat rack by the front door.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Morg, looks like Frankenstein to me. Man, I got Frankie on the brain...damnit.

11. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Dan Yun twitted
    i stay off the internet for a couple of hours and what happens? the best toy fans come thru with all the support. Thank you! Morg is ours at 20K!

So apparently they don’t update the count on Pulse in real time.

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh I figure it was a one-off, but it pissed me off a lot since I paid $80 for him. I also don't like those hips as it looks like the legs are sitting on balls rather than thighs. It's one of the reasons I am glad to be dumping the old Sandman for the new one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nah, it's up to date. Yes, Morg will be unlocked at 20K, but they're only at 19K right now.

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm actually considering doing this for Galactus and the upcoming Rancor.

I mean...why the hell not right? :lol 

I've just gotta decide if it'll be worth the hassle or not, as money certainly isn't the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  15. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    It has crossed my mind, but 1) I have so much stuff I want that is already stretching my budget. Tough to lock up that much when I look at how much I already have committed for in upcoming items and 2) I’d have to figure out a new way to sell since ebay won’t be an option by then due to the collectible tax law stuff

on another note, I way underestimated how well this would do. Past 19k now and may very well pass the sentinel. Crazy

• Like Like x 1
  16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah yes...Ebay...

I haven't sold on there in 20 years, and hear that it's become a nightmare now, so I definitely wouldn't wanna sell such expensive stuff there...

The boards are the only places I sell at, so I guess this idea isn't a good one after all. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  17. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    I think tbe figure is a bit too tall compared to other mcu figs

• Like Like x 1
  18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I really hope we get Morg…he was the herald I loved to hate.

In vol. 3, he “defeated” Nova and he did something unthinkable cleaved Surfer’s board in half.

So loved the cosmic era of the 90s. How Marvel drop the ball on the cosmic section is unbelievable.

Ah thanks because until the current box format, ML weren’t available at retail. The worse thing for us only import shops brought them in and not all waves were brought. Sigh…

Whoa, I think you got a lemon. Mine is still holding up after all these years. My only complaint is that his grip loosens over time.

I believe Marvel Select Watcher was meant to be reissued but was cancelled? Rumours were that Disney blocked it back then…not sure if they were true.

Maybe the articulation is abit dated but I’m happy with the figure.[/spoiler]

19. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t think so. I still have a pretty order locked in with BBTS. Says it comes out in October.

• Like Like x 1
  20. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Banned

It wasn't cancelled. It was heavily allocated.