The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at that build-up video, they could actually heavily reuse Galactus parts to save tooling costs on Celestials or some other such large-scale character, without making the reuse too obvious. Unlike standard Marvel Legends figures, Galactus looks to have a significant inner sub-structure that his armour and anatomy is layered on top of.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    “One of the most highly talked about and anticipated movies of all time” seems like a gross exaggeration

• Like Like x 1
  3. pgd4lyfe

pgd4lyfe Well-Known Member

No, I'm literally saying that there's no way there's going to be 20k preorders for something like a vehicle so it'd be a waste to go for that vs a Celestial which is similar in size and scope to the other Haslab projects. Not saying that would garner 20k either, but it would get many more backers than any vehicle put out there.

It absolutely is one of the most anticipated movies of all time. It'll do Infinity War/Endgame numbers easily, corrected for how Covid affects theaters that is. Everybody knows and loves Spiderman and bringing back characters from the films many of us grew up with will bring in people to watch that movie just for that alone even if they have no interest in current MCU content.

4. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd argue that it doesn't even crack the top 5 of the most anticipated Marvel movies of all time, let alone one of the most anticipated movies in general of all time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Well, Galactus just jumped like 1k backers and is now over 14.8k. Wonder what country/countries were added or if it was an online retailer.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Cool, I'll be backing him this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  7. pgd4lyfe

pgd4lyfe Well-Known Member

Does anybody know when the Target Vulture will be up for PO on the site? Or would it exclusively be just in-person to get it?

8. Joshb721

Joshb721 Well-Known Member

I don't know what movies you'd place above it. As far as I know only Infinity War and Endgame reached higher numbers in terms of trailer views and shares/likes/retweets on social media. Maybe Justice League, but I don't know those numbers as well.

9. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    Marvel Legends Classic Captain Britain got revealed:

We all knew it was coming, but I am still excite to see this boxset's characters get revealed.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Am I the only one that would rather see new (better) portrayals of Doc Ock or whoever else will be in the movie instead of the previous versions? Will see how it plays out but can’t say any of those past villains were memorable/exceptional except maybe Dafoe’s Goblin but still rather see a different take.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Well since it’s a multiverse there’s literally no reason that a Molina doc Ock can show up in this movie and another version can show up later

• Like Like x 1
  12. AutobotSeeker81

AutobotSeeker81 Well-Known Member

I’m less concerned about seeing older villains. If it results in seeing Toby McGuire’s Spider-Man one more time, I’m all for it. It’s seems like we’re reaching a point where it’s popular to bring closure to old stories. I enjoyed seeing Brandon Routh return one more time as Superman as well as John Westley Shipp reprising his version of Barry Allen in DC.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Those were pretty awesome reprisals. I even appreciated that Routh's Superman got a line in about his son, somewhat cementing it as a true role reprisal

• Like Like x 2
  14. MachoGrande

MachoGrande Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Molina's return as Spider-Man 2 is my favorite spidey film. I despise the Tom Holland films.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah, like I said will see how it goes. As much as I don’t care about the MCU, they’ve done a decent job of making entertaining movies much more so than any other group doing Marvel movies ever…which is part of why I don’t want to see it involved with the past stuff but they’ll probably make it work.

Cool! Mainly because it brings us closer to an Excalibur Rachel! I’ll take the Cap Britain figure for sure but unfortunate it has pegged joints still. I also thought it was funny the reviewer said the paint is a bit sloppy and “that will definitely not happen on the production versions”…yeah right. :p 

16. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is exciting! Wonder if they will reveal the rest tomorrow?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I haven't been following the Galactus backing saga religiously, but it looks like Nova was just unlocked and some form of the Surfer is forthcoming.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    still about 1000 to go for nova

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trust me guys Nova will be unlocked...I suspect this Haslab label thingy is just a gimmick or in name only...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a total a** here but honestly I am laughing out loud at the suggestion that the key measure of a movie's value are views/shares/likes/retweets. Movies have existed and been anxiously anticipated loooooong before social media existed.

And with that I'll stop talking about this. This isn't the proper thread for this discussion so we're probably on the cusp of getting modded and I'm not proud of what it's bringing out in me.

• Like Like x 1