The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Snagged a Cap & Peggy set on Amazon for $26.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yep, it’s been my #1 most wanted figure since the first resurgence of X-waves.

3. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

They’ll make it in time. I just want Outback X-men finished first.

4. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah, I’m not worried about it. I think it is very likely to come at some point. I am getting pretty annoyed that we’ve never seen a Mangog in the line ever.

5. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

So in say three years from now, when presumably Excalibur, Outback, Giant Size teams are done, what X-teams do you guys what to see finished or started on? I think 80s new mutants, Astonishing X-Men and Generation X would be great teams to start. Also, I wonder how deep on team building we will get on House/powers of X cast?

6. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

The hellfire set makes me want more teams of villains. We need the rest of the Hellfire Club, a full 8-10 team of Marauders, Deathstrike with more than a single Reaver, the rest of Freedom Force, some Genoshans, The Adversary, N'astirh, S-ym, & Belasco plus some generic demon goons. There is no end to evil teams that need to be made, and many of them are much less obscure than the rando serpent people we've been getting for years.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want the Nasty Boys too and original horsemen.

8. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah, the original horsemen would be nice... but I don't want the horses. I don't want dedicate the money or space to 6" scale metal horsies.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I feel like I'm just waiting to find out Firestar is exclusive to somewhere I hate.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

I want original X-Factor in original X-Factor costumes and then 80s New Mutants. I’d be done at that point aside from the unlikely version of the originals in the Bendis era and randoms like a reissue of Mystique since I missed her the first time. Hopefully she is included in a HOX/POX wave.

• Like Like x 3
  11. NSJ23

NSJ23 on TFW2005 for everything but TF's....

I want original x-factor but in version 2 costumes. those worked much better IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I agree, though Prestige isn't the suit I was referring to.
    rachelred.gif
    Excalibur (the one we'll get); looks good when drawn by Alam Davis, a little fetishy elsewhere.
    rachel-summers-74591b98-763e-40ab-a827-1c2f8795a3c-resize-750.jpeg
    The "Marvel Now" look, as best as I can tell (the one I want); looks great in background shots, because that's all Rachel was in between AvX and X-Men Gold.
    9bfc034b6fb94ae6dbd8bab4c977240d.jpg
    Prestige. Uh, I like her hair? Gold was such a Monkey's Paw book. Kitty Pryde leading a team with Kurt, Rachel, and Storm? How do you screw that up?

Aside from X-Men Red, like I was saying earlier (which now that I think about it, would use Gentle as the BAF), I would love some Astonishing redos. We already have very old Logan, Emma and Scott figures from that run, but that's also the Beast I've been waiting for. We already have a fine Kitty. BAF Armor, please.

I think we'll definitely get a new Scott out of DoX. Storm has swapped around a lot but is frequently in her Red costume, so two birds with one stone there. The others I guess we'll have to see how big they become in the narrative.

I guess if they make DoX Cyclops before they redo Astonishing, I'll just settle for that. The important thing for me is the head sock.

I can already tell you I don't want Hasbro to touch DoX Kitty Pryde. There isn't a single thing about Marauders I want left in the canon after Hickman leaves.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

In three years from now, presumably? That'd be nice, wouldn't it? I'd love a Meggan figure myself (green costume w/black stripes), along with Widget (full body in transparent / clear amber color / shoulder plate and helmet look) with a floating "frog eye" original version head on a clear stand as an accessory, Kylun, Cerise, and Rachel in her red costume. And a pile of plastic dung on the side to properly represent Pete Wisdom's involvement with the team.

Ooh... Gatecrasher, Saturnyne, and a pack of Warwolves! It's nice to dream.

Finally an "evolution of Psylocke" pack with Elisabeth in her original fashionable pink costume (when she fought Sabretooth in the X-mansion) with the poofy hair and butterfly effects along with her current Captain Britain look.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

And Mesmero!

15. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

Brood-mutated versions of Kitty, Wolverine, Storm, Chuck, and the rest -- let's go!

Master Mold (X-Men 6-player arcade version), Bonebreaker with removable tank housing (so there's a bunch of wires fused to the bottom of his torso), a GD Proteus figure with reality - warped diorama display and pappy McTaggart husk / mummy sprawled out on the ground behind him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

We still have stuff like Morrison X-men and even finishing out Astonishing, as far as iconic runs go (though I'm fine if we don't adhere too closely with the Quitely faces).

• Like Like x 1
  17. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I would argue that the Cuckoos are basically the only characters from Morrison's run that deserved to be made. Nobody's going to buy a figure of Beak or Martha. If they made a Quintin Quire, I might buy one on clearance... for target practice ;) 

Clearly YMMV depending on your thoughts about morrison's work, but it's a rather divisive run.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

I’d like more original x-men. All of them in their original suits, and then a collection of their later looks right around the time they were replaced in giant size #1.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I want a red costumed Angel!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Well there's still X-Force and X-Factor to complete. Plus, red suited Angel would be great for the post-Dark Phoenix team.

I'm not sure I have an interest in Excalibur unless it is a box set. Same possibly goes for the OUtback era as Wolverine's the only one from that era we've gotten so far. Unless you count Dazzler, but from what I've seen, she didn't have a jacket and her sleeves and hair are different.

I would be down for 80s New Mutants and hell, maybe they can make New Mutants Cannonball a deluxe $30 figure that comes with Sam complete, an interchangeable blast off accessory, and the legs for his X-Force version.

However, that would be it for me beyond completing Age of Apocalypse as I don't have any interest in anything else post-Claremont.

To me there is no point in having the 3 horsemen is we don't have their horses.

Now for villains, I would definitely be down for an Alien Brood Army builder Pulse set or something.

Finishing Mystique's Brotherhood is a must with Avalanche, Blob, and Destiny. Same with the original Hellfire Club (Leland and Wyngarde, while also doing his Mastermind form).

I might be down for Sinister's Marauders, especially if it includes the original Sabertooth and Polaris version of Malice.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Storm/Thunderbird 2-pack is available again! Good luck!