The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Wish I had been able to snag the thunderbird storm set but missed out. I assume the hellfire and Logan sets that are pulse exclusives won't be put up till after most of the free subscriptions run out.

2. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Banned

It'll be more limited because it would have been an SDCC exclusive, not because it's a Pulse exclusive.

They said in the livestream more movie X-Men depends on how these sell.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Hasbro Pulse gives free shipping on orders over $50 for everyone/non-Pulse Premium, so you're covered on the Hellfire Club at $79.99. :p 

Also, welcome to the boards!

4. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we need a better daredevil also. His color looks off. He should match Elecktra. (And it just so happens I don’t have a DD at all yet) Hopefully they make one with the new Spider-Man body.

Oh please. That set is going to be $99.99 MINIMUM.

5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow....didn’t realize until now that the new deluxe War Machine has the pinless joints too

• Like Like x 1
  6. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Banned

The Hobgoblin wave DD matches her fine, I just prefer the Defenders set colors. I wouldn't say no to a new one on that buck, but the Bucky Cap releases are serviceable for now. There's other characters in more need of a redo or a first figure.

7. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's my fav Luke Cage and I have all of them, not sure what could be better either

8. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Banned

A shirt and pants that aren't painted on like the spandex pervert suits the other heroes wear, for one thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

I don’t know how people keep up with these updates and maintain a FT job. I’m just now catching up with the ML updates from today.

Trying to convince myself that I don’t need or want any of these.
    Nimrod pack is easy due to price and not being interested in Psylocke and Fantomex and paying $40 for Nimsey.

Storm and Thunderbird is the only tempting set so it’s probably good that preorders are already sold out. I’m not sure I have it in me. In a world of improving Black Series and Classifieds, something has to give.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but if it improves my odds of getting the Hellfire set I just might resubscribe to Pulse Premium. I really want that set.

11. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

I totally understand that. My wallet is screaming in agony everytime there is another "fan first" day woth the legends team.

I am on the fence. I really just want the emma frost the most but they certainly made a great box set here so who knows when the time comes around i will likely cave and buy it.

So far I have held strong on the sentinel but that is pretty much the only thing legends wise lately that I managed to steer clear of.

12. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky I want more cosmic MCU

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Do you think a heavy re-tool of Kingpin could get us an Harry Leland to go with that Hellfire Club set? Or would it have to be a completely new sculpt?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, there’s no need to fat-shame.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If Hasbro can shrink him in height as much as in, if not moreso than, girth, I think so. Leland's not quite as, um, wide as Kingpin, but he's most definitely not as tall as Fisk.

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well a Target about a half hour away did get in the Spidey wave today so after a little trip and an employee pulling them out of the back for me, I walked away with five new figures. YAY!!

I took some pictures, but since it is getting really late, I didn't get to do as many as I would have liked. Oh well.

I tried to take Peter's glasses off gently, but sadly, they tore off on one side despite my heating it up. Bummer, but I definitely like him better without them. He's great. I did put the Peter head from the MJ 2 pack on him only for the head to be way too big for the body. It just looked weird.

Gwen is cool, though it sometimes seems hard to get her to stand. The MJ head is fantastic. However, do know that the skin tone is not as dark as the MJ body. I'm fine with it, but others may not be. I also tested the head out on a slight alteration I made to the extra Target Black White Widow I had.

The cool thing with Green Goblin is that I got two figures out of him since I put the Norman head on the Ross body I had been using for Peter. I could have sworn Hasbro said they were going to decrease the size of the pupils on Goblin's eyes which was clearly not the case. I do wish they had included some fists for him.

Electro freaking rocks. No complaints and his paint apps are stellar.

As for Spider-Man, oh boy, he would be absolutely perfect had it not been for the barbell neck peg. It feels very fragile so every time I switch heads around I feel like I am going to snap it off. In fact, I attempt to the put the pizza Spidey head with the mask slightly raised on the body and it got stuck. I'm pretty sure I bent the barbell to get it off. Aside from that, and some sloppy paint apps on the head, I love this guy. The funny part is I know this won't be the last time I buy him as I'm certain Hasbro will release a Symbiote Spidey and classic 2099 one using this body. Probably even the Ben Reily version. Furthermore, I wouldn't mind them repainting him to match the light colors of Romita Sr with the M legged spider emblem in a deluxe set that comes with a figure stand, additional hands, and many more web accessories. Come on Hasbro, you know you want to!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 15
  16. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

What's this about Pulse?

Is the only reason I can order stuff right now that are exclusives is because they opened it up for folks that aren't members?

Why am I paying a company to buy their products and then paying them again to buy the actual products? That smacks of some really BS double-dipping for collector's money.

Or is the PulsePremium only for free shipping or something?

17. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Will Deadpool/Spiderman wave be the last pinned joint waves? What wave does the pinless joints start with?

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, Pulse Premium is mostly just for free shipping. They do however give the Premium members early access to the convention exclusives. It's not that others don't get to order, but Premium members get first shot iirc. I haven't bothered with an SDCC exclusive im awhile so I'm not exactly sure how much earlier Premium members get access to the con exclusives.

19. Tahukanuva

Tahukanuva Human After All

Last year they put a limited allotment just for premium members one day, and then put the rest of the stock up for everyone the next day.

Although odds are good it’ll work differently this year since the entire production run will be going up online and not just the scant Con leftovers.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    I was able to defeat the bots during SDCC last year with a pot of coffee, a gung-ho attitude, a loud alarm clock, 2x early bird tries with a Pulse Premium membership :D 

• Like Like x 3