The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

That's Spider Bitch. Seriously.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Same here and sadly agreed, especially with Weapon X, he looked ferocious on the book but the figure doesn't look the part(even the exaggerated hair isn't exaggerated enough).

• Like Like x 1
  3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    BWAHAHAHA! I think I need her. Lol...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So YouTuber MCUCollector24 got the Spidey wave and the MJ head DOES indeed fit on the MJ body from the TRu 2 pack. Also, the Norman head fits great on the Everett Ross body. Oh, and the wall crawling hands from the Spidey that came with MJ are compatible with the enw Spidey. God dammit I can not wait for these to come out.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I really wish Hasbro would re-issue the Dark Phoenix two pack and the Spidey/MJ two pack in one form or another, those came out when TRU was going under and were crazy difficult to get. Maybe they can put up a more Romita Sr looking MJ if they do.

• Like Like x 4
  6. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    she's a decedent of: Tonya Barton (Mother), Clint Barton (Father), Peter Parker (grandfather).....In the alternate future time line shown in wolverine’s “Old Man Logan”,Ashley is the daughter of Clint Barton (formerly Hawkeye) and Tonya Parker-Barton the youngest daughter of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man (and an unknown black woman).

it's one of those weird ones, but hey Black evil Spider Girl to go with Black Spiderman

• Like Like x 1
  7. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Yeah Mark Millar was really pushing what he could get away with for Old Man Logan, and she's not even the worst of the stuff he put in the book.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fschuler

News Credits:
    Thanks man. I dig her.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The reviews of the retro spider man wave have got me pretty excited for that Spidey! The drop down hips and back of the neck cut are great additions on top of the butterfly joints and torso.

• Like Like x 4
  10. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

You can likely find her still pegwarming at your local stores. She wasn't exactly a big seller :D 

• Like Like x 2
  11. fschuler

News Credits:
    Lol...will have to dig around for her. I have a couple of decent shops near me that carry out-of-print figures for fair prices. I like the wierd ones!

• Like Like x 1
  12. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    so incase anyone wondered who the hard to find character was in the AoA wave, let my local Wally show you
    20200610_180955.jpg 20200610_181007.jpg
    Not one Dark Beast

• Like Like x 4
  13. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Walmart I went to tonight didn't have a single Marvel figure still.

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I just watched a review for it, looks great. Pizza Spidey body-wise now works better for Peter as he was just starting in the 60's books whereas the new Spidey buck is a little more bulked up like the 70's-80's look. Bet we'll see it repainted with bright red and blue for a vintage comic look, then another symbiote costume repaint in less than a year.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's funny but I thought the same thing about the Pizza Spidey figure and they never did.

16. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really like how it looks and moves. I think the miles morales (as an adult) and superior sm looks have taken over from symbiote as my fav alt costumes (though the symbiote design would be less affected by the torso cut I imagine), but I’d love all three!

I hope we get this articulation as standard in new bucks, even if they aren’t spider men. I’m hoping this and the omega red body (plus pinless tech and any new bucks) are commonplace by the time the ‘coming sometime’ hoxpox stuff arrives.

• Like Like x 2
  17. urrutiap

urrutiap Banned

Marvel Legends X-Men figures do not last long in the aisles since people buy them up like crazy. That and Walmart workers tend to be creepers hanging around to snatch the good stuff like Dark Beast.

18. Star Saber

News Credits:
    They actually did with the first vintage/retro line - Pizza Spidey got brighter reds and blues vs the initial mainline Pizza Spidey release.

I honestly don't understand the love for Dark Beast, but to each his own.

19. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No, it still wasn't the right colors nor the correct spider emblem on the best.

Anyway, I really need to get myself some more Hydra Soldiers:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I seriously don't understand why Hasbro doesn't offer a direct-to-consumer torso service? I'd like to take Danni Moonstar's body and make Karma and Wolfsbane, but I don't want to buy two more full-price figures just to swap heads because then I'm stuck with multiple heads lying around.

I also do not appreciate that I'd have to hit up Dorkside to maybe get loose figures at a discount because those loose figures sell out fast.

Also, they'd still be making money if they offered a direct-order service for spare torsos, pay the manufacturing cost of the torsos you want, in bulk of five let's say for simplicities sake, and then you pay a slight premium on that for the service so they make a profit, but maybe not the same full cost as a retail figure because you aren't getting all of the accessories and the like, just the body.

I don't know, maybe it wouldn't be cost effective, or profitable enough for them. Either way, it's a service I'd appreciate seeing implemented.

Unrelated to the above... I got Death's Head II recently, never noticed before, his weapon arm is a dead ringer for Revenge of the Fallen Megatron's cannon arm, did Bay borrow from a slightly related property for the design aesthetic of the lead villain of a Transformers franchise? Or did the artist behind the new look get inspiration from Death's Head II? Even the Battle Damage to his face at the end of the movie is pretty accurate in being inspired by that look. Pretty interesting coincidence if that's not the case. #BayversepartofMarvelCinematicMultiverseconfirmed. :lolol