The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I'm sure he's coming, but yeah... the fact that they've done Squirrel Girl, Cosmic GR, and Punisher in this line before Ketch GR and a 90's Blaze for some good old Spirits of Vengeance action (and give us a Vengeance while we're at it too) is getting very irritating. Oh and the 30th Deadpool since they started doing X-Men again... so fucking sick of Deadpool merch.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I know we have some big fans here, but I can't help but wonder if it has crossed anyone's mind that Ghost Rider just isn't that popular...

• Like Like x 1
  3. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    I heard my mobile buzz at 2:04 am, it was sold out when I clicked on it at ~2:05 am.

:eek: 

Pre-ordered.

I guess I'm buying every Beast variant they put out so I can have... "Beast Wars"
    :confused2 

• Like Like x 7
  4. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I hate you. I hate you so much.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

They did the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider. Is there really a difference between the two as Ghost Rider?

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Different costume and bike

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder if we'll get Ghost Rider 2099 before we get Danny Ketch.

(I'm not suggesting that we should, but yeah Hasbro's dragging this out with Danny.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Id take a neutral non smiley head as well...

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Agreed, it's just getting tiring to see all these redoes, especially of Hasbro figures, while the aforementioned sit on the backburner.

Hasbro finally did War Machine, and other than classic Dr. Strange, Toad, and Lady Deathstrike, I'm hard pressed to think of any major TB era redoes. But shit, we've gotten some random upsaded figures (Black Tom) and two of the most important characters of the 90s keep getting the shaft and I'm always worried that the rider price point is eventually gonna hit that cancellation wall.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

Picked up this guy yesterday. One of the stock tracking sites said he was available down the street so I decided to give it a chance. The scanner there said they had one and an employee was nice enough to get it from the back for me.

When I got to self checkout there a geeky looking Target employee walking by and he tried to stop me asking to scan it and saying he thinks it has a street date. When I walked up to the checkout and it scanned just fine he looked annoyed. Guess he's the in-house scalper.

IMG_7573.jpg

It's kinda nuts. Sometimes I see the prices they are going for on ebay and I know the cost to buy it, ship it, and pay for gas to get all that and I wonder how intelligent some of these people are. Most of the time they can't be making anything worth the time it takes.

I know I've seen a number of elderly scalpers that think whatever they are after is the next Beanie Baby gold mine. I suppose the need something to occupy their time in retirement so they don't get depressed? I saw a couple shortly after New Years going through Walmart clearance with like 3 carts full of garbage stuff. The husband yelled at the wife for walking 10 feet away because someone might have stolen their nest egg. It was all stuff like those crappy Godzilla figures that didn't sell and were like $7 instead of $20. Even at that price they weren't flying off the shelf but these people were buying dozens of them. The profit simple isn't there, even if you are taking it to the local swap meet or something.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ahahahahahahahaha!!:bay 

• Like Like x 2
  12. madex

madex Well-Known Member

Dun duh duh Beast wars!

Was just thinking A new cull obsidian could make a good deluxe figure

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  13. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    They missed a great opportunity to have the book but only fists.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What state of you don’t mind me asking?

15. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Sitting here and looking at the BAF and the Single carded Monster Venoms and this is definitely a classic case of Hasbro releasing the less desirable (BAF) version of a mold first in order to get fans to double dip.

It's funny you mentioned the older generation. My 60-year-old mother in law stopped by our house yesterday while my wife was packing and selling some of her extra Shopkins Real Littles.

My wife sells her duplicates at cost plus shipping. She doesn't scalp and she's certainly not looking to make any kind of profit. But, my MIL's 1st response was "Are they worth anything? Are you getting good money for them?"

After that my MIL said "I wish I had all the toys from when I was a kid. I could probably sell them for alot of money".

When my MIL left, I was annoyed and my wife and I had a conversation about how neither of us collects to make a profit on anything. We collect what we love. Besides, we said, you can't make a profit on anything nowadays even if you wanted to.

But it seems like the Boomer generation is one of the biggest culprits when it comes to scalping/profiteering. That and the younger newbie scalpers.

Congrats on the find. Red Hulk is a nice looking figure. I'm not interested in getting one but, I'm happy you were able to track down a hard to find piece.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

They didn't do that with Apocalypse though. The BAF is fantastic. AoA Apocalypse is no where near as desirable.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Just wait until the 616 Apocalypse gets a single carded reissue... :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

Damn, man. I'm already strongly considering buying the AoA Apocalypse just for his head. That's all I'm missing. And I know it isn't an exact match. I may try to paint it or just decide it's good enough.

• Like Like x 2
  19. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    I was gonna ask wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy the head but Jesus Christ, the only one I could find on ebay is $100.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Seriously! Anything I want from Gamestop, I just pre-order. When it comes in, I wait until there's a sale on figures and then pick up my order. Since they jacked up the price on their legends, that's the only way I'll buy anything from there. $29.99 for a ML is insanity.

I went to FYE a couple of weeks ago and saw Shang Chi, Heimdall, Valkyrie and a few others for the first time, but they jacked up their prices to $30 too... and I put them all back. Gotta draw the line somewhere.