The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I'm starting to get confused on these waves. Too many DP in different waves.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    We haven’t had a movie DP figure, and that’s the one I’ve been wanting

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Old Man Hawkeye and some of the Fox Xmen will be using some pinless joints on the arms. Interesting to see how these will play out. It's a move in the right direction but I hope bad qc issues are less likely.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting. I'd forgotten to go back for Toxin when I first started getting into Legends whole-hog, so having another opportunity at him would be totally welcome for me.

I wonder if another Doom could have a Kristoff Vernard head? Future Foundation would be welcome though, as it'd help nudge forward my hope for a Future Foundation FF set.

Eager for Kingpin, so my Shadow King head and extra Monster Venom hands can finally have a home.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I look forward to getting to re-buy pinless versions of everyone. SPiderman needs it more than anyone since they use the red pins on his blue costume.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Yeah, that I get (even though I don't want). @Laser_Optimus said they're putting another comic one in the Strong-guy wave.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Oh god yea, I'm tired of seeing those red pins in blue parts and vice versa. I think the move to pinless joints will be gradual but meant for all future figures eventually.

8. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

It's funny that Mattel beat Hasbro to the punch with that. The last few waves of Multiverse were using hidden pin joints. They actually looked pretty good. Joints were nice and tight too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder what pinless will mean for modders though. Will it make it harder to take apart the figures?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dcoleman44

Dcoleman44 Well-Known Member

Storm black costume was delivered. 20200225_100939.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  11. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I might get the movie Deadpool, but yeah, we went from having zero Deadpools a few years ago to having, like, one a month. Hasbro is really milking it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    After a successful couple of films, he's considered a big seller with fans and laymen alike. Now we certainly don't need more but much like Wolverine, Cap, Iron Man, etc. he's become popular enough for them to keep shoving him out. It's something I've come to expect from the "heavy hitters" now. I'm seriously surprised Cable doesn't get the same treatment given his popularity.

Again, take the rumors I posted with a grain of salt. It's also being reported at Marvelousnews (I got my info from a friend overseas myself, don't know who their sources are) but I can say that my buddy has generally been correct. Always room for errors though and it's hard to say when/if these will see the light of day even if they are in the planning stages.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I'm still a bit of a novice with them, but it's not so much that they're harder to take apart. That can be done by using and exacto blade to cut the internal post and then a little prying to free the limb. The hard part in my view will be putting them back together after the cut has been made. Again, still a novice with ML type customs so there may be a really easy way to do that as well.

14. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Must. Stick. With. MCU. Figures.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Wonder if the rumored Doom variant will be a Toy Biz Super Heroes inspired repaint in brighter colors with a power drill and propeller shield.

Hope the mouthpiece will be aligned right. The classic portrait on mine makes Doom look drunk

I imagine the boil and pop technique should work

16. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Definitely for the shoulders, biceps, feet, etc. But if you want different lower legs, upper legs, knees, elbows... All those things used to be separated by heating the pin so it could be removed and everything would be relatively easy to swap. Now? We'll see, I guess.

I feel like my time of purchasing figures just for parts are pretty much behind me anyway, so no biggie.

I'm really glad for everyone who is excited about most of the reveals. I definitely think ML stole the show. I'm not really picking up much myself, though. Movie Wolverine and anything symbiote related. That's pretty much it.

17. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've become the exact opposite. I started with exclusively collecting MCU figures. I liked that the more cluttered costumes and fabric folds hid the joints better and the almost lifelike appearances were eye catching. But over time I've found that they just don't resonate with me. It turns out that I have far more attachment to the 616 characters and so I've completely moved in that direction even if the joints and pins are almost distracting obvious. Yeah, I'm looking at you Spider-man with your blue arms and red pins!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Jesus. I put all my shit into my spreadsheet and the sum came out to $1,297.74.

That's everything revealed at TF I want, with estimations. Will I get it all? Probably. I even took some shit off.

• Like Like x 3
  19. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    any chance there's a Ryan Reynolds head coming with the figure?

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Not unless they worked a deal for his likeness, but they did for everyone else so it's possible.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020