The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I'm in the same position with Dani. Two jerks I know who are known scalpers to our local collector community (they're on this board too, but I won't name names because of site rules and stuff) have a couple on eBay for astronomical prices. Which tells me it's time to start checking the six different Walgreens around me... which might explain why I have an easier time than some... plus I'm there at least once a month picking up prescriptions too. Looking to score two at least as I'm pretty sure Wolfsbane will get another release down the road. Cheapest I've seen her currently on eBay is $40 plus shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Agreed, that's why I specifically stated I've had no issues with WM "in my area". These things are spotty, which inherently means they will be some places and not others. Just like Dani seems to be stocked in places, but I haven't sniffed 3 of the last 4 WG exclusives. It merely highlights the need to help each other out when we can, as clearly the manufacturers and retailers are hell-bent on making things difficult for us.

It's a weird dichotomy in the action figure biz, as the products being shown/made would indicate we're in a 6" golden age, but distribution and retail options have never been worse, making all these good figures very challenging to collect.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Damn. I both kind of want to know who they are but also not. Anyway, I could live with a $40 Moonstar if it was the only one I wanted, but since I want three, not a chance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agreed. It's actually kind of shocking that they made a figure that Hasbro probably figures most collectors are going to want multiples of an exclusive in the first place. Even when exclusives are easy to get they're usually manufactured in lesser numbers than the mass retail figures so you have to wonder what Hasbro is thinking here. Especially since the figure was in no ways expensive to make when they only had to put dev money into a few new parts.

Yeah, lots of stuff to buy, but sometimes it can be a shit show trying to find it. At least the "Fan Channel" exclusives aren't terribly hard to get since all the major online retailers including Hasbro's own site carry them.

Yeah, I thought about dropping $40 plus shipping on one just to get her out of the way before Christmas, but then I realized I wanted two and just can't justify $80 plus shipping on two figures right now with the holidays coming up. I may end up waiting until I get my tax return next February if I haven't seen her in the wild by then. Keep an eye out for BBTS too as they always tend to get a good amount of the Walgreens exclusives and their markup is more reasonable than eBay.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Agreed. I overpaid massively for Jubilee wave Storm but Moonstar I can't get myself to spend $120+ for all three. I got two people keeping an eye out for me but I'm going on a toy run today so we'll see if I am successful. Assumption: probably not.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dcoleman44

Dcoleman44 Well-Known Member

Went out to Walgreens to use Western union for my Brother and there was 1 Frost. Out of all the WG exclusives I thought I was going to miss her, I got Dani last week when I was looking for Frost. 20191001_120506.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Where do you live? I want to move there. The most exciting ML my Walgreens has are the Venom wave.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    To channel my inner Patrick Star,

Why don’t we take [Walmart and Walgreens], and puuuuush [them] somewhereee else!

9. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Anyone need a Grandmaster? I only wanted Korg from the set.

5C7D5925-521A-4CAE-8FF7-E9E7C774F1A8.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  10. Dcoleman44

Dcoleman44 Well-Known Member

Newark NJ, living in a metro area I can drive for half hour and hit 6 WG, you can add 2 more but there in area's that's hard to drive (traffic) and get a park. But it's still hard to get exclusives because they don't restock the one's people want the most. Sue,Johny and medusa was easy to find there would be 10 to 15 when they came out. But Surfer, Fantastic, Thing, Mystique and Magik I saw them once (buy one) and I would never see a restock.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I never saw Thing or Mystisque in stores at all so even with the hassle with driving, your area is still better than mine. Especially because I have 14 Walgreens within driving distance and all of them got squat.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Just had to sacrifice my Big Time Spidey preorder to get the SHF Far From Home Spidey instead. The pain hurts, as I wanted both, but it’s a small price for salvation. I guess I’m more eager for the Velocity suit figure anyway

13. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    So help me God, if they announce Firestar as a Walgreens exclusive...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ....you’ll be excited because they actually gave us Firestar?

• Like Like x 1
  15. RKillian

News Credits:
    I'll be one of those poor fools paying $50 on eBay because Walgreens here is choked with Daredevil and Namor.

• Like Like x 3
  16. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    You must be a joy to be around at home. Your posts are consistently bitter, jaded, cynical, and angry.

It's just toys my friend. No reason to be this way.

17. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Reading the post above and the user names, I couldn’t help but thinking of this scene

09BA0ADE-98B1-461D-916F-EDC69581B77E.gif

:p 

• Like Like x 4
  18. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My nearest Walgreens has no less than a dozen dusty Daredevils on the shelf...been there for months...interestingly, they did get an Emma Frost in a few weeks ago, or so...she didn't last long.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RKillian

News Credits:
    It's sort of amazing that some toys can stay on shelves that long, isn't it? How many kids, collectors, clueless grandparents looking for a gift, etc pass them by and never pull the trigger. That would be an interesting subject for a movie, part Toy Story and part 80s-camp-movie-where-outcast-kids-win-a-competitive-event. They could put all the misfit toys on a baseball team or something and call it "Shelfwarmers" as a play on the term bench warmers. Daredevil can play a blind catcher that makes funny noises to distract the batters, Transquito is the ugly kid in the outfield who sucks until he learns to believe in himself enough to fly, Maxie would be the token girl that doesn't fit in with Barbie's clique, and then they can have one "cool" toy that's their leader but he has some dark secret like he's really an adult collectible or a knockoff...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  20. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The leader would be SOC Combattler. His dark secret is that he only has one click of forward and backward hip articulation...so he can't walk...and Wheelie, Snarf, Orko, T-Bob and all those BAF-wave no-name rando filler characters have to push him around on his wheeled feet as his arms flail about wildly as he rounds the bases.