The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I still havent seen Emma locally and, I find everything. Im still the only person I've seen in Texas that has found one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Just curious, what was BBTS charging for the Thing when they had him? I luckily found 1 when he was out, but that was the only time I ever saw him.

3. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

took out tiger stripe Wolverine:

20190915_063433.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I believe they were charging the same as Emma around $30. It's been awhile so I'd have to go back and look at the pol he was in last year.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    I wish Hasbro would reissue that 90s Rogue (or any ML scale Rogue) instead of like that Big Time Spidey nobody-asked-for-but-is-reissued just to amuse shartimus. :confused: 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    In all fairness they really screwed up on Big Time Spidey's original release. That said Rogue's a popular enough character that they'll do another version of her. My bet is we get an 80's version next. I can see a possible reissue of the 90's version though without the jacket maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw Emma two weeks ago at my Walgreens but didn’t buy her. I can’t stand the character.

8. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Sooooo, why is Marvel Legends Archive not a thing to match The Black Series? If we had these hard-to-find MLs released on the reg like Black Series, this wouldn't be an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe people should start pestering Hasbro for this when they show up at conventions?

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

It really should be a thing, especially since the ML team is obviously aware of the high demand and prices certain figs fetch on the secondary market. But if I had to guess, Hasbro won't do it because they can't squeeze it into their production schedule due to the mountain of ML product they're already making :rolleyes: 

11. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    No idea, but it's something they should look into doing. The first two Retro waves were essentially the ML version of the Archive Black Series... though not entirely I guess as they were slightly altered either with different/fewer accessories or having a slightly altered design to represent a different costume. Though the X-Men's Retro wave has pretty much been all new releases. So it's hard to tell what they're doing with the Retro series, plus even back during the first wave, they slipped in a none reissue in the form of Black Widow. In any case, a Marvel Legends Archive series would be nice.

12. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

People constantly complain about the secondary cost of Rogue, but where were these people when there were mountains of her collecting dust and being put on clearance? Are there that many "new" collectors that just came into the line in the last 24 months? Aside from the mythical new people, my sympathy is pretty limited.

"Oh, but I never saw her in my area!" Boo hoo. If collectors couldn't be bothered to pick her up from amazon at $11 when we were all posting about them being practically given away, I can't be bothered to feel sorry for them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    You have to understand that unlike me who collects the entire line without missing a single release, most people pick and choose. And yes, it is frustrating that people don't have the foresight to see what could be coming next (for me it was obvious). I mean, a lot of people skipped Rouge thinking either that they'd never do all the X-Men (which has been proven false) or that they knew another Rouge would be coming out eventually (which is a very real possibility and probably what will happen; though she'll be in a 2-pack most likely). However some people did jump in late and others had other hobbies they were focused on at the time. But discounting them, I agree that it's annoying to see people lamenting something they could have easily gotten and even had every opportunity to get. I missed a few things that way early on in collecting but I learned from my mistake. As long as they do too, there will be no problem.

For those who honestly missed her for whatever reason, sorry I didn't think to buy a bunch. I was solely collecting for myself at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    DF1BFC6B-BC52-4AE5-9EE0-E4A60459A8C3.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  15. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

Chill, dude. This isn’t the highest priority for many of us, I can’t just pick up every figure I’m interested in at once on the possibility of it going up in value. I was able to snag a Rogue when she was $12 on Amazon but I missed out on Kitty who, while not as high as Rogue, has gone up a bit in secondary prices. Stuff slips through sometimes.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

I would like to have Rogue but I had no plans of going far with a ML collection when I started. I think my first set was GotG Vol. 2 with no plans of going beyond that at the time, but then the Apocalypse wave was announced. I quickly found myself trying to pick up whatever character I could find at the time to fill the roster. I managed to secure everyone at or around retail, but sadly Rogue was never among them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Just get what you want to get when you can. If you miss something, just wait for a new and/or better one to come. I personally wouldn’t pay anything over msrp for just about anything. I think I’ve paid slightly over a few times when I had some sort of promotion or points to offset the premium.

• Like Like x 3
  18. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    I started collecting Marvel Legends 12 months ago, modestly and like a noob.

I was already ecstatic to get Death's Head II and Darkhawk for like $10 each and Ghost Rider with bike for $25 at the time. :D 

Rogue was already like 60 bucks and Cyclops was 40 if I recall. o_O 

• Like Like x 2
  19. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Rogue was $25 when I started. We all thought that was outrageous because, she was a pegwarmer.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rogue and Jim Lee Cyke I got for retail price on amazon a few years ago. Something told me to buy them and I’m glad I did.

• Like Like x 2