The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

All good @Pravus Prime , personal preference is a great thing. I’m sure many kids today would rather watch Frozen than Mickey Mouse but Mickey is still the face of Disney. My favorite of the crew is the Thing.

Out of the new Hulks, I’ll probably use the 2 pack and now that we know about the grey one, I’ll probably use that too. I have space for at least three or more Hulks in my main display and I’ll take more for other displays and options. Really want Fixit and Planet Hulk versions.

2. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, are we talking about in universe or in publishing? Because you say their the face of Marvel which makes me think you're talking about them from a publishing and marketing standpoint. You even refer to Marvel giving the FF the title of "Marvel’s First Family" which is a publishing thing but then you refer to the X-Men being known as Feared and Hated Stepchildren which is an in-universe thing.

3. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  4. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. openchallenge

openchallenge plastic based

The meaning is more literal than that, FF#1 was the starting point and the Marvel universe spread out from there.

Spider-Man was friends with the human torch and had a chance to join the Fantastic Four. Those beats have already played out in the MCU.

There is a movie forum for this topic anyway.

6. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I really hope some of the announcements at Fanexpo will be more in line with the 80th figures like the definitive comic versions of the big three. I would love to see an 80th classic Doctor Strange, Giant-Size Storm,Classic Captain Britain, The original Death’s Head, and new mold classic Black Panther with butterfly hinges. That said it will probably only be a few Age of Apocalypse figures that get revealed...IMO.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I got into Marvel in the 90s when XMen were being pushed really hard. Cap or Spiderman would guest star in the occasional episodes. I knew about Iron Man and Hulk as solo characters. But part of a team? Not really. There was a Sega game and what else?

But then I didn't venture too far into comics until they took G1 away so that's on me as much as anything.

That was my take on it too, @Zeke1 . They're the first family because they were a very early team. I liked the two movies with Alba and Evans for what they were but I'm as excited for F4 stuff as Metal Men or Doom Patrol. Maybe being pulled into the MCU proper will fix that. Paul Dini and Bruce Timm saved Batman with an animated series afterall...

Edit: I did mention Challengers of the Unknown but that wasn't fair. No other comic team can be _that_ dammed boring. Couldn't tell the difference when they were mind controlled by Starro.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “Part of the journey is the End.”

Instagram:
    I’d imagine they’ll announce that Alex Ross inspired Spider-Man that’s been rumored.

Though unlikely, I hope they tease Final battle Thor and Hulk for Endgame or something that ties into Absolute Carnage.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If there is one thing the MCU has ruined it's the magic of Alex Ross's work. Sure his art is still a 1 to 1 translation of what the characters looked like in the comics whereas the movies aren't. But I feel people today aren't as blown away by it because we see it on the big screen all day long. I still remember when Marvels and Kingdom Come first came out. It was just...wow!

• Like Like x 3
  10. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

Has Hasbro ever made a Kitty Pryde as Shadowcat (poofy blue costume from Uncanny X-men 193-210 and Excalibur) ML toy?

11. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only thing I've seen is a custom...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  12. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

Hope they make an official figure of that outfit one day.

also, why is 90s Beast so expensive for a recently released figure?

• Like Like x 1
  13. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

No, they have not. I would love to see one in the coming years.

14. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    It’s similar to how things played out with Cyke and other recent 90s X-Men members who were single packed like Jubilee. It helps that also like Cyke and Jubilee but not like Psylocke, they’re also core cast of the X-Men TAS team which adds to demand.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

Sooo maybe leaving IM in that Infinity War style T pose I posted pages ago wasn’t the brightest idea...shoulders are kinda chewed up now. Kinda bummed, but oh well. The pose looked cool while it lasted. Still phenomenal figure!

image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Drangleic

Drangleic The ill mathematical

Avengers were still a team in the 90s. Remember Heroes Reborn? That was a pretty big deal at the time.

Definitely not as big as X-Men but they were still holding shit down.

17. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

It's all marketing and everything comes from the comics as far as I'm concerned with Marvel. However anyone looks at it, there is an established heirarchy with the top three (counting FF as one) being what it is. Doesn't take anything away from any other character other than they just aren't the top three.

Yes, there are many reasons FF is considered Marvel's premier team. There is also a reason that when Marvel was in financial trouble, they were able to sell the movie rights to their top and obviously most valuable characters, FF, Spidey and at the time, X-Men and Punisher were very hot (again, all based on comics). The companies who bought them weren't nessasarily as invested as Marvel themselves would be in preserving the integrity of the characters so as a result we got some good interpretations, some probably great and some that are totally forgettable.

That looks really good! The only thing I would prefer is a less serious/mature facial expression.

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    A lot happened this week. IMG_20190822_150531.jpg 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190822150145352_COVER.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  19. Drangleic

Drangleic The ill mathematical

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “Part of the journey is the End.”

Instagram:
    Another Walmart, another store with no Worthy Captain America. :(