The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

Be cool if we got a Red Hulk at some point too

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Not all that is seen is truth. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Found Storm at Target yesterday (last I needed of the X Retro wave) and what's the deal with her knees? It's like... they're not gummy, but they have similar stability issues and it looks like they might be that way due to being really small... even compared to other female figures I have. Weird. Like they accidentally put the teenage female bodies knees on it. They just don't seem right...

Oh, I'm sure a Ross Red Hulk will happen from this mold eventually. Just needs a new head really. Unless they go for his later gun toting/tank top wearing look (new tooling that could mostly be used with a Prof Hulk too).

• Like Like x 1
  3. openchallenge

openchallenge plastic based

Quick shelf update.

OCMLSHELF81903.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  4. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

5. Dao

Dao Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Let me In IMG_20190821_130219_615.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Came across an 80th Thor at the same WM as before. Guess they put some out in-between visits or a customer put it down somewhere else and it got put back. Couldn't pull the trigger though, it seemed suspect. The tape on the bottom of the box was cleanly cut. I couldn't see anything amiss with the figure, nothing stolen or swapped. It just comes with Mjolnir and an alternate hand right? Not sure what went on there. Weird.

But I did go ahead and grab the Boom Boom they had. Solid fig. Thought I broke it when I was swapping the heads. Was snapping the bubble blowing head back on, which is a little tough to do, and my thumb slipped when it snapped on and knocked the bubble out of her mouth. Thankfully it's not broken. The bubble just pegs into her mouth. Might still glue it in though. Very odd looking without the bubble in there. Erm, "BJ face" says it all, lol.

7. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Thanks for offering :) 

But

I am cool with the “Audrey II” head

8. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    There's no way they go fully windowless, so don't go full falling-sky yet. The MCU thread is already doing that enough with Spider-Man being zomg go e forever

The War On Plastic will end when there's no longer an island of garbage the approximate size of Texas floating in the Pacific Ocean.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Honestly, it'll end when it costs more money to oppose plastic than it is to support it. After all, once recycling is no longer subsidized, no company will want to do it. Not saying we don't have a trash and poop epidemic because we do, but I think people are trying to solve the problem to fix the short term because it's the easier to fix and support than the long term. And what Hasbro is doing is definitely short term and makes everyone feel better without actually solving the problem. And honestly, other than doing the Futurama thing of shooting garbage into space, I got no big ideas for solving the long term. I guess short term will have to do until we got something better.

But enough of that topic, back to Marvel Legends! I don't know much about the comics but I like seeing the new costumes for characters. But I have to ask a kind of dumb question: is there any characters or versions of characters that anyone doesn't want to see as MLs?

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm...there are definitely some dumb costume choices over the years, but most of those are so dorky or tacky that I'd totally buy them for comedic value. Bikini Sue, that weird armored/exoskeleton Cap from the 90s, midriff Thor (God, the 90s were great/ridiculous). I'd find humor in those things.

As for obscure randos almost no one asks for, I totally buy those. I know others will feel differently, but I'll never say no to, I don't know, Amelia Voght, Battlestar, Baron Blood, or even the Serpent Society dorks.

I guess there are some Legends I'd absolutely buy but find kinda boring - I've said before that the Hellfire Club men would be kinda weird, getting multiple old people in silly old-timey clothing isn't exactly very dynamic. Sebastian Shaw's important as a long-time X-villain, Donald Pierce is a Reaver, but Harry Leland's just a pudgy guy in an odd outfit.

There are some I'm curious if they could be captured very well - Proteus, the Adversary, the Magus (Warlock's dad), unconventional beings like that.

So I guess the tl;dr answer is no, there's nothing I don't want to see, but I could always be surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Whoa whoa whoa, guys, let's tone it down in here so the mods don't have to go cleaning it up.

12. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Target had Mr Sinister and Boom Boom today, so I grabbed them since Pulse hasn't shipped my Sinister yet.

[​IMG]

Also made this while I was at it:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    Actually saw Beast at retail for the first time.
    Shocking.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ADF469F2-207B-40DD-81BF-9047BC1F0740.jpeg CFBCAC70-40AB-44AD-92B0-F0B78A0379CE.jpeg
    Did the Iron Man mods and damn if it doesn’t fill me with nostalgia

• Like Like x 7
  16. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

17. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been out for a while.

Re: Disney vs Sony
    I hope this is just all "work" or rather they'll reach an agreement. I'll just post my full reaction on a dedicated thread.

Re: Gray Hulk
    Man, it really looks like Solomon Grundy :lol 

Re: Hasbro going green
    I think there will be windows but the tray it may end up as a paper-like egg tray to replace plastic tray.
    They'll revert back using paper twist ties to replace the plastic ones in their TF toys.
    It'll be more compacted packaging.

Best/Worst case scenario: All MLs will be single carded like the retros.
    The only difference and determining factor if it's retro or not will be the artwork.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Heavy Metal Flamewar

News Credits:
    They will be carded. People have lost sleep over this.

As bad as Hasbro's QC is, no way they could get away with blind bags or, windowless boxes.

Funny thing is, the plastic on the retro blisters are thicker than the boxed. They probably use just as much plastic.

I mean outrage! Green New Deal, now! Who needs airplanes, right?

19. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

I think I heard the thousands of voices of the a$$holes who steal figures and baf pieces off the shelves rejoice when they figured they wouldn't have to work around plastic no more.

But seriously... I don't know how you can go without plastic on the packaging to allow consumers to see what they are buying. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Spoiler alert: but honestly if you haven't seen endgame why are you here?
    Honestly about the Spider-Man thing... If there's no longer gonna be Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk or now possibly Spider-Man... Why bother continuing the MCU? At this point it feels like its pointless with four of the five main core characters now dead, retired, permanently injured, or MIA. Thor's strong but he's not that strong. Guardians are kinda meh... Captain Marvel needs some work, ok possibly a lot of work to fill in the big shoes left behind. Black widow seems to be a final farewell to Scarlett Johansson. I mean there's more chaos going on in the production of the mcu now than there ever was before in the actual MCU. Who knows what shenanigans are gonna come out of Dr Strange 2 when the multiverse might actually come into play.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I find it funny that people wonder what will happen to MCU. They just acquired the rights back for The First Family Of Marvel. Besides Spidey and Cap, the rest of the MCU are B-listers in comparison. I guess it shows the difference between Marvel fans and MCU fans.
    Sorry, not meaning to say anything more than “Don’t worry, Marvel has plenty of characters to work with and they haven’t even brought out the biggest guns yet”.

• Like Like x 2