The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice! BBTS shipped him I should be seeing him Thursday. Also looks like BBTS shipped my Collossus/Juggs two pack I’ll have two sets now . May give the extra set to my kids.

2. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Crazy question, does anyone have Odin/King Thor and Ares and can post a pic of them standing side by side, also is Odin/King Thor legs and arm a reuse/remold of Ares? Thanks in advance

3. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Saw a huge x-mansion diarama at the Mexico City toy show.
    Are those regular figure sized sentinels real or customs?

4. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Customs.

5. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was out of state for a few days and on the way back, was driving through the Carolinas. Not sure if it’s untapped territory out there, or I was fortunate with the timing I went through; but...
    423D92F1-806F-49C6-AC83-2696F89F6ACA.jpeg

I think it’s been a while since I had a physical cart filled like this, if ever.
    (Target’s $25 off $100 deals typically have me split those ‘bunch in a day’ purchases into separate transactions).

• Like Like x 8
  6. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    It’s okay! I actually looked it up after your post, and I found it. Never knew google express existed. I bought Hela and Skurge for $42 so that was a great deal. I feel like an idiot though because I should’ve bought Ghost and Luis as well. The total could’ve been $80, but now that I still have them preordered at BBTS for $53, the total will be around $100

• Like Like x 1
  7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just got back from Wally World and found a crap ton of Captain America's. Decided to go ahead and pick one out that wasn't googly eyed as I've heard some are. Ended up finding one that had great paint and such so I cancelled my online preorder for it. Amusingly this one doesn't look like it's going to be hard to find. They also had the Colossus vs Juggernaut pack and I'll probably go back for that when I get some more free funds, but I also picked up 80th Thor and Iron Man at GameStop for close to $30 each. I must say these Alex Ross styled figures are really really nice and I'd love to see a future wave that just focused on character done via specific artists.

Also, take this with a grain of salt, but one of the guy's at GameStop was shooting the breeze with me while ringing me up and seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about Marvel Legends and mentioned that there was another Alex Ross figure that hadn't been announced yet and that it was going to be Spider-Man. He was even insistent that it was different from the 80th redo of Big Time Spidey. So, again, take with a grain of salt.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    That’s interesting, eager to see what that’d look like. But I agree with you, I adore Alex Ross’ work and love these 80th figures. Which is saying a lot considering I’m primarily an MCU collector. I decided to order a collector grade Iron Man from BBTS to keep mint in addition to my opened copy, because the packaging on them is so elegant with the layout and artwork.

Y’all are getting me nervous about my Cap I ordered from Walmart.com haha. But hopefully it’s a good one. I’m not too confident in my Walmart having new stock of anything

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pulse is weird. They have shipped out the Hulk pack and Nightcrawler, but in two separate packages. Why not ship EVERYTHING out in one box?

10. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Customs that I would buy the ass out of. I'd buy quite a few human sized sentinels a la the Arcade game.

11. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cannonball and BoomBoom arrived yesterday and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in both.

BoomBoom has trouble standing. This is the best "dynamic" pose I could get her in.

And Cannonball almost makes me genuinely angry. We all knew he'd be a laughable figure with only 50% of a body but Hasbro didn't even have the decency to make the blast effect long enough for him to fly above the other figures. With blast effect it gives the look like he's in flight but because he's the same height (and even shorter) then other Legends figures he's flying but his feet are still on the ground. Know what I mean?

[​IMG]

You know, I got into the X-Force figures because Cable was an amazing sculpt. And Shatterstar is great too. But BoomBoom can't stand, Cannonball needs to be in the background but can't and Domino is the wrong version. I don't think I'm going to bother to finish collecting this team. :( 

• Like Like x 6
  12. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My X-Men team on the other hand is coming along swimmingly! :) 

(Though I do wish Nightcrawler was most bendable. He can't quite get those crouched poses he's known for.)

[​IMG]

Oh, and his fist hand is wrong and right at the same time. It has a side-to-side joint instead of the usual up-and-down joint which doesn't help for clenched fist poses but is awfully nice of Hasbro for sword swinging poses. So it doesn't do me any good but it's pretty sweet for others.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, that's not a 90's version of Domino, but I figure she'll come along in time... as for Cannonball we all pretty much knew he wasn't going to be great going in. The only thing I can suggest is to get a flight stand of some kind and you can get him up above the other figures... I'm going to try that anyways at least.

14. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Congrats to you my friend.

The 80th figures will absolutely be difficult to find in my area. I'm in North Eastern Maryland/North Western Delaware region. Of the 4 Walmarts I visited for two months solid, I only ever saw two Worthy Caps and both were missing the Mjolnir and Shield in Delaware.

I'm not counting on ever seeing these 80th figures at Walmart. Of my 2 main Walmarts, one of them looks like a barren wasteland w/4 Marvel Legends total currently on the pegs. The other is up to it's eyeballs in Endgame Quantum Realm Caps and other shelf warming fodder.

I really want an 80th Cap badly.

You post in this thread way too much begging for brand new and still hard to find figures that everyone else is still searching for themselves.

Give the forum below a try. Start a thread. Keep bumping it:

Wanted Items

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tested him on a flight stand but the problem for me is that the blast effect is flat bottomed so it looks unnatural when placed in mid-air.
    I was thinking I might try a rock or some other type of terrain prop to stand him on top of so the flat bottom looks accurate and still gives him the extra height needed.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    20190805_014012.jpg
    I'll join the club.

Is it ridiculous that, I dont like them mixed in with the Lee-Men?

• Like Like x 6
  17. yakkotank

yakkotank Well-Known Member

I have ended up with an extra Nightcrawler and Iceman - anyone interested in them for cost plus shipping?

18. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Hulk and Wolvie are finally on the way to me. Half-a-yay for taking two weeks to make it out the warehouse door.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mattress

Mattress Well-Known Member

Anyone else still waiting on their BBTS Nightcrawler preorder?

20. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Silver Samurai:

20190805_161518.jpg

• Like Like x 5