The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

For me, Thor's best costumes are Age of Thunder (love the simplicity of it) and Rune King. I do love the classic though.

If we could get a Rune King Thor I'd lose my shit.

Rune_King_Thor.png

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    All of the 80th shit is available on target.com

Not available for pickup today. Arrives Aug. 2nd.

It's all in stock at my store, too. Damn near ordered. Glad I checked that before hitting order.

I bet I still walk out empty handed.

3. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I like the way the movies have adapted the "six glowy circles" aspect of Thor's costume. But I also like the way Esad Ribic redid Thor back in 2012 (we've gotten a Legends Figure of him in the past, I know because I will never own one)
    tdvutkxbrcr11.jpg
    The Russell Dauterman update was also good, though I prefer the War of Realms look, when he swaps the golden arm for the Destroyer Arm.
    unnamed8-e1508783594683.jpg
    Screenshot_20190728-095940.png

Dauterman did him, too!
    50e89f9bacc2960de6d70cb5db2e1345a4066def_hq.jpg
    Iron_All-Father_Armor.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I was talking about a figure, though I will admit I do like the first design. The second looks like something he would have worn in his younger years.

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've been reading the Clone Saga over the last two weeks and I don't think it started off well at all. The first story arc introduced some dude named The Traveller and never bothered to explain who he is. The books have also been full of pointless exposition. Like I don't need 20 different word bubbles to tell me Kaine is lurking in the shadows and how intently he is staring at the characters he is watching, that's pretty self explanatory just by looking at the pictures. The World Trade Center hostage issue was kind of weird to read and now I just got to the return of Jackal stuff where he keeps changing who is really the clone and who isn't. Also, they killed Doc Ock for like the 3rd or 4th time and MJ is pregnant. Okay, I had no idea MJ ever got pregnant, but clearly something goes awry since by the JMS run they do not have a kid. Plus, obviously Aunt May is not going to die since, again, she is in the JMS run. Unless the Aunt May in the hospital is actually a clone and the real May has been captured by Jackal. I could see them going that route for shock value. Do some sort of fake death. Actually, they will probably take that route since they did "kill" Doc Ock.

Oh, there is also this side story about a cop hunting down a serial killer, which of course, is going to end up being Kaine, but Peter will probably get the blame and they'll somehow have to prove his innocence and try to track down Kaine to get it or something (since I believe Kaine is supposed to be another clone).

The sad part is though, for as bad as this is, it's not the worst Spider-Man story I have ever read (that still goes to One More Day), and I do like how the books have been split between Peter and Ben.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I wish 80th Thor wouldve came with the helmet that covered his eyes.

They can add two Cap heads that are at first glance, the same. This one's got a bigger A.

I finally know what to do with Cheddar Cheese Man from the Mantis wave.

Odin Armor, ahoy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I was just thinking of recent designs we could get figures of. The first Odin one in particular is from Jane's Thor book, which I imagine we're going to be getting a few more of by 2021.

The other one is his "Iron Allfather" look that Tony Stark built him.

8. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Didn’t we get a Jane Thor a while back?

Cool. Didn’t Tony once build an armor made from Asguardian ore?

9. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I like the idea of a female Thor. I hate the idea of it being Jane Foster. Should have been Sif.

The worthy thing is so convoluted anyway. It's undefinable. Going on how I understand it Colossus should totally be worthy.

10. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Get ready!

Step 1. Get rid of Sif
    Step 2. Bring in the worst part of the first two movies as a main character/heroine.
    Step 3. Paint by numbers. Profit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    The way it was done in the books was super cool. One of the best stories in recent years. I have no idea how Taika plans on doing it in the MCU though. Mjolnir is in pieces, Odin is dead, Thor is still Worthy but more importantly doesn't need to be Worthy to wield Stormbreaker. And the entity that caused him to doubt his Worthington the first place doesn't exist in the MCU. So like, I'm in the dark. I think they'll do the cancer angle to get Thor back to Earth but after that who knows.

Yes. But we still don't have War Thor, Mangog, Odin, or Loki from that era of the comics, to name a few. And if they felt like it, they could reissue Odinson from the SDCC pack with his shirt on. There are likely to be a few coming out for the movie, but we're due for another Thor wave before then I imagine.

Tony built the Iron Hammer armor, which I think is what you're referring to. That would be a cool figure as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can’t really disagree with what you mentioned. I do agree on the points you raised.

I shouldn’t have used the phrase “started off well”. Instead, i should have used “promising” but somehow Marvel just dropped the ball.

Good point on the traveller...I can’t even recall if the writers “fleshed out” him out?

Doc Ock’s death was surprisingly...I didn’t expect them to go through it (thought ot might be a clone).

Oh yeah, I’m in total agreement with “One more day” being the worst Spidey story, followed by the Gwen’s twins.

You mean the Thor that appeared in the Infinity Gauntlet comics? If so yeah!

I seriously don’t know whether to laugh or cry. But IMO the female Thor figure is going to peg warm like crazy. I can still find the Jane Thor at retail in my part of the worldz

13. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

The comic was just "in your face males!" dribble. Odin was a pompous ass and Thor was a brat who lost his favorite toy in that. I disliked the series a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Everyon hates that arc, but I highly enjoyed it. However, that was back when it first came out and I had only read a small amount of Spidey books, and all of it was from the stuff I grew up with. As such, I didn't have much to go on. Now that I've read all of the Silver Age stuff and a ton of the Bronze Age stories, I might feel differently when I revisit the stories.

I also thought The Other and Back in Black were pretty bad too. In fact, JMS' run seemed to go downhill once he started doing all of these multi-book, multi-part crossovers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Haha, please no apologies! My tone was not meant to be angry in any way but the way it was written, you had no way of knowing, lol! Basically, I’m just glad that Spidey and FF are getting the spotlight they should have. Honestly, I’m impressed with how they ended up doing the MCU stuff but I’m tired of the Avengers in the spotlight with some other world X-Men stuff of the side. It’s all good and all but we deserve a proper FF film dynasty!

And lol about the discussion on Thor’s costume. I remember my Mego figure of him and thinking it was one of the lamest looking figures back then. However, the stories in the comics were some of the best and because of that, I’ve grown accustomed the outfit and have been waiting a long time for a worthy version of it in figure form. Even though the paint I’ve seen on them is not great so far, I hope the one I ordered is better and either way, the overall look does the job.

A13F3523-E9EE-4F04-A9C7-E8BC71C1E59F.jpeg

:p 

Now, I’ll take a new Odin figure too but I want a classic look with a giant BAF or something Odinsword to go with it.
    And I NEED Mangog!

Edit: Oh, and since we are on the topic and I forgot to mention it, where are Thor’s merry band of warriors? They just made a fat Thor for MCU so maybe we can get a comic Volstagg?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Predak1ng

Predak1ng Well-Known Member

Anyone know of any online retailer that'll stock the ironman/spidey 2pack?

17. RobimusPrime

RobimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was only able to get Thor out of the back room from my local Target this afternoon. Iron Man showed up as 5 in stock, but the associate couldn’t find the obviously opened case.

18. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Goddamit if I can’t find an Iron Man and Thor when I go back to Target Friday I am going to ragequit.

19. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Saw this on Reddit. Jesus Fuck.
    E065FD89-9F72-44CA-B1B7-C7CE6D7A2B00.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  20. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    :oops:  The closest Target is 70 miles away for me.

Otherwise i'd nab that colossal juggs, beta ray bill, and bug a target person to hell to get me an 80th Thor from the stock room :)