Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.
I too find myself ....wanting-compelled to complete Caliban.
This version of him is great
He's compelling you to complete him!
The power of Caliban compels you!
Same here, but really don't want Crossbones and Weapon X.
Crossbones would be an okay buy, but really wish Weapon X had been the 7th figure.
Her entire neck area is atrocious. I'm not sure what the hell Hasbro was thinking, but it looks like she has part of her neck/head missing on the backside. I feel like the heads should push down farther, but they don't. I take it the bubblegum piece is not removable then? I could have sworn I saw that it was going to be a seperate pieces, but oh well. Honestly, she leaves a lot to be desired in my book.
Gambit is pretty cool but a nice set of playing cards that weren't on fire would have been cool. I wonder if the cards I have from the Mattel Joker will work...
The gum wasn't removable from what I could see. Though I only had it in one piece for all of a minute before it broke. I'll be kicking myself if it is removable, because a) I could have avoided the breakage and b) I attempted to super glue it back together and that process would have been much easier. I agree she's got some issues. I love the gum head and the extra glasses, but no fireworks effect? Come on, Hasbro.
Haven't opened Gambit yet, but he's the one I'm most excited for from this wave.
Today (or yesterday) picked up Deathlock, Psylocke and Xavier......a good day
I wasn't fully aware when Juggernaut and Warlock wave was released in retail since I'm focused too much on MCU's. Like I don't care that much.
When I had the knowledge, I scoured every TRUs here missing figures are:
- Brown Wolvy
- Taco Deadpool
- JL Cyke
- Modern Colossus
I was busy completing MCU Giant Man v.2 then.
And Old Man Logan was flooding shelves.
It was crazy to find out the price of Rogue today went on JL Cyke's level right now. In my country at least. $60 to $65 for a Rogue? Will you bite that?
I guess what prompt's Rogue's price is the Mystique and Gambit figure.
Should I just give up and ask for a refund from walmart.com for Loki Corvus two pack. It is still in delayed-preparing order status
Just your luck as soon as you cancel it, itll begin to ship. Wonder if its stuck in customs..
My X-wave showed up from Amazon yesterday! I'm just adding brief thoughts, since we've seen a lot of pics and breakdowns already:
- I appreciate Jubilee coming with extra sunglasses, but the bubble-blowing head makes me nervous, because the bubble on mine feels flimsy and when swapping the head on, my fingers end up right around her nose/mouth
- Beast reallllllly could use a smiling head. It's a "no shit, Sherlock" observation, but I'm hoping it's so obvious that Hasbro throws an extra head in with someone somewhere.
- Funny thing about Caliban being similar to Beast in that he also could use an extra neutral or snarling face as well, but that's largely gone unmentioned
- I'm glad we got a Reese head thrown in with Skullbuster, but I do wish when Hasbro does something like this (same with the Lilandra head too), they'd either state outfront that they're planning on doing a troop builder/later figure for that head to be used on, or they really don't plan on releasing a body for that head but clarify that they intended it for use with existing figure ____. It'd help us plan for things like whether we really want to buy an extra Nuke or Silver Sable ahead of time before prices start rising.
- Gambit & Jubilee both make me wish figures wearing coats came with extra, non-coat sleeve arms, but if this wave is missing faces and effects (Jubilee), good luck asking for extra arms too
I think if I tried to rank the X-waves out so far, I'd go:
Ordered a Hulk/Wolvie pack - by our prices it wasn't too painful at £52. Now just the wait for Colossus/Juggy and Hela/Skurge. And Korg/Grandmaster and............
The Iron Doom "exclusive" is actually easier to find in our Comic-shops than some regular Legends right now.......why couldn't the Thing and Surfer have been made in these kind of numbers?
But on the subject of that Doom:
I really like it. I've been lazy about making the cloth cape but I've grown to like it just like this.
I'll get around to it one day.
All done with the Caliban wave now
loving Gambit and Blink.
My Target got in the Kraven 2 pack. I really want it, but I'm not sure if I should pick it up now or hope it lasts long enough to go on clearance in Dec.
I mean, it is classic Kraven, but another Symbiote Spidey. But, Classic Kraven...
i got it for spidey since i didn’t have a new mold symbiote spiderman but cankle Kraven has grown on me. not more than rhino wave one but it’s close. i have only seen it once since since i bought mine around easter but other areas seem to have plenty but i don’t know if you should risk it
Noticed the interest in Rogue and Cyclops, just so happens I have them up for auction: LINK
Damn.. JL Cykes...
Can someone KO his figure?
Since someone was able to KO'ed the Ultimate Goblin Wave
Separate names with a comma.