The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Or it could be that Hasbro is doing all of this to show Disney and Marvel what they can do compared to everyone else.

Anyway, look who actually did show up today:

[​IMG]

And some pics of Xavier, Mystique, and a few others I felt like doing:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    That may be a huge reason - especially with Mattel giving feelers that they'd like to bid on the Marvel/Star Wars licenses - and let's be realistic, Mattel's releases have been sporadic at best with distribution severely lacking. Wouldn't be suprised if Hasbro is out to show Disney/Marvel that not only can they get their products to a ton of outlets, but they can also pump out more products than Mattel can in a given space of time. That's going to be a tough order to match if they ever get to the negotiating table.

3. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it! Having two figures per Act 4 stand is pretty clever. Can't believe I haven't thought about that myself lol. I've also these seen these clear, round bases from NECA , but again, I thought they were kind of big. Might have to go with Act 4, I guess. Even though they are on the more expensive side.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, lately the leaks have been harder to come by. The best leaks I got were during the year the Juggernaut, Abomination and the waves for that particular year...they were around 6 months or more before any conventions?

The ones that got me worried was when Cap, Hulk, Thor etc no showed at last year’s SDCC? Oh yeah, Star Wars prequel stuff also no showed too.

My guys are pretty low key after some “gentle” warnings.

Going to collect mine later! One of my source allowed me to just purchase Charles, while the rest had to buy him together with Wade!

• Like Like x 1
  5. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thinks it really bizarre that there hasn’t been any announcement for the SDCC Marvel set or sets. I can’t remember if Hasbro announces them at Toyfair. The 6 inch Prequel figures are for Star Wars Celebration 8. Though I find strange there has not been any announcement for SDCC.

6. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

While I don't have them yet, I ordered a 100ct of hex-bases from can-of-beams. They look extremely versatile and compact, and they appear to work with a wide range of action figures. I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on some. He's sold out right now while filling initial orders, but supposedly he's planning on making them available again after that.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Obitsu stands. I got them from Amazon as 5 packs, you have to assemble them yourself, but since you do, you can configure them as needed. With a 5-pack, that's a lot of parts too to pull from.

Click To Enlarge
    Silver Surfer Side Stand.jpg Archangel of Death.jpg Iron Man Stand Front Shot.jpg Obitsu Stands.jpg Thor - Long Lightning front.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw Captain Marvel last night and enjoyed it. I'm a LOT more partial to the Talos Legends figure now than I was before (not surprising, given it's Ben Mendelsohn), but not in the way I was expecting.

I don't find it bizarre? Most SDCC exclusives, Marvel included, aren't announced until May or June. Unless Hasbro's unusually proactive or something leaks this year, we still have at least a couple months before we know SDCC plans.

9. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

No problem! In certain cases, you can even do three figures on an act 4 if you balance it out right. NECA stands don’t have very good feedback from what I hear. I looked at some and they seem expensive for what they are. Tamashii stands mostly come in packs of three and can regularly be found on sale so I only buy them when I see deals.

Will have to check this out but sounds interesting.

10. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

What's most interesting, aside from the cool space saving design and versatility, is the cost. At a quantity of 100, they were only $1.25 each... which is peanuts compared to buying that many of other figure stands I see for sale.

For collectors with a lot of figures, especially from different lines, eras, and peg-hole-styles, this could be a big deal. I know I'm excited, as are my overcrowded shelves that avalanche figures every time I glance hard in their direction.

• Like Like x 1
  11. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Is professor x coming to retail, or is he online only?

12. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    He is coming to retail but in my experience, only certain places carry the Riders series. If you've seen any of the vehicles before at any place, keep checking that place.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m not liking my chances for Charles.

14. Slave IV

Don't worry about it. At worst, you will have to pay retail price at some point.

15. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Or if LCS and Vintage stocks are concerned, $10 more than retail.

16. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Behold... The Vision!

LRM_EXPORT_368962084487766_20190308_133525107.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  17. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    This is a good picture!

18. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Lots of great info! I have use Obitsu stands in the past and they could be a good option. However, these Can of Beams Hex Stands looks very interesting. I may have to look into acquiring some.

Regarding the Tamashii Act 4 stands, I guess the only thing they're missing are actual foot pegs. But they make up for it with the ton of parts included.

19. Slave IV

Just watched the video and these stands are brilliant for peg only based stands. Definitely what I would get if I wanted those kinds of stands but I have never wanted to buy peg only based stands. When I use stands, I almost always use them for flying or other elevated or angled poses. I never found a need for peg stands because I always pose my figures dynamically so figures that have more trouble standing straight up on their own usually do much better with a wide stance or I end up using a arm based stand for other looks.

20. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    For myself, I never saw the Riders series outside of Walmarts, and that was just Ghost Rider and Black Widow. The only time I saw Wolverine was in my LCS, but didn't buy him cause I figured I'd see him in those same Walmarts the other figures were at. Nope!

So knowing Professor X was gonna be a super popular figure, I just broke down and ordered him from BBTS with Deadpool to be done with it.