The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    PicsArt_09-21-12.39.07.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone that was able to get a Thing from Walgreens.com received a shipping notice? A bunch of folks from The Fwoosh have. I haven't but the $$ is gone from my account - so that's a good thing I suppose.

My wife and i bought a house in North Buffalo (off of Hertel, near the North Park Theater) about 3 years ago but I've lived all over - Allentown, Elmwood Village, etc. Frontier is definitely still there - it's an institution!

3. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    So what are the odds of Thing going back up on Walgreens.com for order?

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait he was up and I missed him???

5. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    When I looked, the direct link was already broken. He was turning up in searches but the cart button said it couldn't add to cart. Shortly after that, he disappeared from searches too. Seems pretty derpy to just break links instead of showing a sold out message but not surprised that's all their outsourced developers can do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Does the Allentown Art Festival still occur every year?

I guess. I was never able to order one online as the site would crash every time I tried to click on him or add him to my cart. Hell, I was only able to click on store locator and look at it for about 20 seconds before it would crash too.

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That stinks :( 
    Hoping he pops back up for all of us.

8. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Surfer and Mr F never popped back up, so it's probably on for a physical hunt now. I feel like after they've been unable to unload all the "meh" Medusa figures, somebody told them to scale back the orders, and so now Mr F and the Thing are harder to locate than they should be. Because obviously, since people were lukewarm on derpy-faced medusa, they have no interest in completing the FF. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  9. AniCosmos

News Credits:
    It does but you wouldn't recognize it in a sense - it's huge. Almost too big to see everything in one day.

10. AniCosmos

News Credits:
    Walgreens shipping notice!!!

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same, I just saw one at a Walmart a couple nights ago amongst a bunch of Caps/Crossbones and Thor/Sifs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

To be fair, complete ignorance of the products they sell and the consumers they sell them to... isn't much of an excuse.

It's not like each store needs an in-house nerd. These are being ordered by corporate. At least one person in the organization should have some vague idea about what they're ordering and what demand is likely to be. If not, they shouldn't be allowed to have exclusives.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Yup. It's some schlep making $9 an hour who's only wondering how much more time until next break.

I wouldn't give a f#ck if I worked there too honestly.

• Like Like x 3
  14. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    The Star Lord/ Ego Two Pack is on Amazon for $17.50. Probably a good time to buy if you're like me and don't have a Star Lord. If I want Mantis (and if Five Below ever stops sucking) I don't really want to be stuck with the Pedo Star Lord face on the Wave 2 version.

• Like Like x 1
  15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Huh, there is no way for anyone in charge of these to judge what might be highly in demand and what is not. Human Torch and Invisible Woman theoretically should have the same demand as Mr F and the Thing. Given the small window of time between ordering this product, production, and physically putting them on the shelves, it is a logical nightmare.

I mean, really, do you honestly expect Walgreens to employ a bunch of action figures to run all this? We're lucky in the first place to have one that wants these exclusives.

I have zero knowledge of how they get their individual exclusives, but I'd firmly place a bet that they have zero control on whom and how many that they get. Most likely, just like WM and Target, the number is based on what is already available in store.

Much as I love our hobby, I can't fault big chain stores for really not giving a shit. They got so many other things that they're worried about; all the issues we moan over are a drop in the bucket for these people dealing with more pressing concerns.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I searched "The Thing" on Walgreen's site and all I got was Lip gloss: Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Super Color Lip Gloss The Berry Thing,The Berry Thing

Did my usual Friday Walmart run for S&G's and found a lone, blondie Black Widow on the shelf below the pegs. It looks like someone might have found it hidden in the back somewhere and they put it out. I had to carefully examine it to make sure it wasn't opened and nothing was swapped out. It's a shame we have to do that now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

People not caring about what they do are a part of the big problem in the world.

Thank goodness for people like @optics who cared enough to give us a heads up and chance at getting some plastic crack.

I got my shipping notice for Thing.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Just ordered the new tiger stripe suit wolverine, bringing my marvel legends collection to the Grand total of two :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Opened 12" Thor last night, great figure, smooth movement for joints(compared to previous 12" figures especially with the torso ball joint). Cape is textured differently on both sides, feels like felt. The separate color injection molding sticks out, which is a major benefit to the 12" line that I ever noticed until I got mine out of the box.

Hasbro apparently said there's more on the way but I bet they'll be exclusives as retail support is pretty much dead for it.

I'd like to at least get a Byrne costume Wolverine, Sabretooth V2 and MCU Killmonger before the line dies.

On another note, wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro makes the next Amazon exclusive a repaint of Masterworks Galactus with a repaint of Walgreens Surfer.
    It's one of the best ML Wolverines out there. What's the other figure you have?

20. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Being dismissive of the issue isn't much of an argument. As I've mentioned before, I find these easier to get than most other exclusives, largely because there are so many WG stores, it's harder for "opportunists" to clean them all out... (as opposed to the TRU which was the only one of it's kind in a two hour radius. All it took was one scalper to clean out a whole region.)

Individual stores have no idea what's popular or what character will sell better, but corporate *should*. Properly determining demand and setting appropriate quantities seems like it should be an integral part of offering an exclusive line of toys. It's inherently different than WM just ordering the new cases of whatever and getting stuck with the unpopular duds. WG should be able to do better.

• Like Like x 2