The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Seems like the factory’s are having to make way too much shit, and no one is doing any QC...

• Like Like x 1
  2. HugeBadWolf

HugeBadWolf XO in charge of radishes

News Credits:
    Anyone got any spare Lizard BaF parts looking for a good home?
    I need a torso and a right arm (came with Spider-woman an Spider-punk, respectively)
    Cash waiting... :) 

Cheers,
    Doug

3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Welcome to Hasbro collecting and wholesale. I still buy some Hasbro product for myself but it was one of the first things I dropped from my wholesale orders. If you don't get it in the first two or three weeks, you fight for half your money back at best. I honestly believe that's behind most, if not all, of the negative policy changes at BBTS too.

I preorder because stores are terrible and never stock what I want to buy. The discounts on singles are long gone and meager even on sets full of junk.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And when you thought MCU Scott Lang/Ant-Man have a unique facesculpt expression..
    Check out Agent Ross :lol :

So there's no Red Wing Deployed Mode unlike the singles release.
    I hope I can still sell the 1st Falcon without Red Wing...

Yup.. I placed reservation for those 2-pack (Bucky/Falcon)

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Well yeah, it's not like I could tell Storm's head was going to be a bobble head or her boot was going to slide off in the package. Also, the mark on the chin is on the right side of her face, so I couldn't see it in package.

Of course, since those were the only one of each on the shelf, it's not like I had options.

Not all the time anymore depending who I order from. I get charged tax on Amazon, which is friggin annoying as I personally feel I should not have to pay tax for something I am not physically buying.

What policy change?

6. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Well, that sucks. Maybe just hope the ones you ordered are better and return the ones you bought. As for preorder, I usually go through Dorkside these days because there is no tax for me and it does end up being cheaper than buying each in person at msrp.

7. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I too preorder for convenience and cost saving (if any savings are available, which often isn't the case). The idea that doing so entitles me to be "first" is a silly notion.

When you preorder, presumably you get your items before anyone else who ordered from the same retailer... but you're still at the mercy of when your retailer gets the merchandise, and they don't all get them at the same time. It's absurd to think that just because you preordered something that your chosen retailer is suddenly going to get their shipment of goods faster than everyone else. If that was the case, logically, only one merchant would be able to offer pre-orders. I have never once preordered an item assuming that I was going to get it in my hands before they show up in some targets or WMs. If you preorder to be "first", you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

• Like Like x 2
  8. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Why do they even mold the hair separately from the head? Toy biz just did one single molded head.

I bought the Hulk V. Hulkbuster Ironman set today. It was way too expensive, but I had a bit of money to burn. The QC issues aren't too bad on it.

9. Dcoleman44

Dcoleman44 Well-Known Member

Do you mind looking at receipt for dpci #? I saw one Tuesday but I didn't have enough money, I went back today to get it and it was gone.

10. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I'll return whichever ones end up being in worse shape when I get my order from Dorkside.

11. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, but I think it's more people don't want to be last. You see everyone else taking pics and filling their shelves while you wait and wait.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RKillian

News Credits:
    The all-MSRP-all-the-time on singles, unbreakable cases, bumping of serial cancellers, non-refundable deposits on more and more stuff, shorter POL window, etc.

People complain about them now but when I started buying from them they handily beat retail on every metric.

That's exactly it. If I wanted to wait and wait and wait, I'd wait and wait and wait for local retail. I tolerate the delays only because I know it's not the small shop's fault.

13. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I noticed the shorter POL window since my Zarub currently says it will ship within 55 days, which I found odd, however, non-refeundable deposits? What were people paying deposits on? Also, serial cancellers? Their whole policy is hassle free preorders you can cancel at any time. That doesn't make sense.

14. RKillian

News Credits:
    It used to be the occasional $1000 life size statue of Boba Fett or similarly exotic items. The threshold has fallen considerably.

It's an honor system. Abuse it and there are consequences. Literally, there _is_ no hassling. They just start not filling your orders first when they get split shipments.

Every time you preorder a case of Legends, find it at Walmart, and cancel, they're stuck with another case they probably shouldn't have ordered because it has no buyer. And fewer potential buyers going forward as Hasbro drags its feet, not just on this case, but every future one such that the retailer gets a reputation for always being last.

Remember, cases are already leveraged. They're hostage taking. Buy Malekith or you don't get Black Widow. Buy Sunfire and old Logan or you don't get Cyclops. And so on. It doesn't work on alot of collectors. I took my chances on eBay/Amazon for Widow even though I _knew_ the odds weren't in my favor because God damned if I was going to pay $24/each in a set of 6 where I didn't want 3 of them (Knight, Malekith, Thor). And I don't have a problem, usually, with paying $20-$25 for what I want. What about people that say they're only worth $10 or $15? They are never going to touch a case priced like that.

The pricing is pushed so high that the cases are practically radioactive. Few of them are really objectively bad figures since 2014 or so. But they're priced like they're all Wolverine. If this were the job market, it would be like paying both a neurosurgeon and a janitor in the six figure range. And now Hasbro is running this poll suggesting a hike to $30 MSRP!

They should just put the D-listers in special assortments of four or, God forbid, solid cases of four at a reduced price (no BAF part). I can dump three $15 figures at $10 each and not feel like I got too ripped off on the one I actually wanted.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully Sauron will eventually get down to the price I got for the Warlock BAF and Rhino BAF, as I really want that prehistoric turkey...

• Like Like x 1
  16. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Eh, I don't have that problem. I let stuff sit in my PoL for months before shipping, so I'm always "last". But most importantly, I know I have the item in my pile, so I'm not stressing about missing out. Do people remember who got it first? Do they give out trophies? In six months, will anyone remember or care exactly when they acquired a certain figure? No, not in the least.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

LOL, I'm on this same boat. If anything, I'd rather be last to get things so I've already seen the feedback people give on what possible issues to look out for.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Good ol Hasbro smirk. While I can understand if they're trying to add some "life" or "personality" to their toys...it's honestly turning me away from them. Oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    No problem. The DCPI is: 087-16-0232

Oh, and I saw a handful of those Strange figures today at Target. Some of them aren't nearly as bad as others.

Speaking of the Hulk v Hulkbuster figures. I went to my local Target closest to my apartment to grab one and as I was walking in I saw an employee walking out with the entire case. It was kind of funny. I had to go to the next closest Target to get my copy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    As far as NRD's go, as @RKillian said... the threshold has dropped significantly. It used to be only the crazy items like life size busts/statues in the vein of $1,000 or more. But I was recently going to preorder the new Play Arts Kai Cloud with his motorcycle (it's $369.99) and decided against it due to them wanting a $74 NRD on it. Passed due to not having the $74 at the time.

As for their no-hassle preorders... if anyone actually bothers to read their new faq section you'll know that's no longer truly the case.

From BBTS.com: "If an excessive number of items are canceled from your Pile of Loot and you are found to be abusing the system, your account will be changed to no longer allow cancellations from your Pile of Loot."

Also, "While the vast majority of customers use our pre-order system as intended there are the few that abuse the system by pre-ordering many products they never intend to purchase. If we determine a customer is abusing the system, we may require a non-refundable down payment or full payment for every pre-order placed by that customer."

• Like Like x 2