The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:

rektangular just posted another youtube video with upcoming Marvel Legends. Posted it if anyone wants to watch. Couple of interesting mentions are one of the stand alone MCU 10th Anniversary figures we're getting is Ronan the Accuser. Apparently his listing has been found leaked online, but no pics unfortunately. He also mentions that the previously shown two pack with Cap and Crossbones and the single figure Iron Man from the MCU 10th subline have gone up for preorder on Amazon. Also, Wal-Mart exclusive Thanos should be arriving to Wal-Mart stores end of February/beginning of March and will retail for $19.99 (which again begs the question why some of these figures are BAFs). At the end of the video he actually shows pics of another upcoming three pack (assumed to be part of the 10th line) that's got MCU Mandarin, Pepper (with alternate Iron Man arm), and Iron Man in his "hot rod" suit. The Mandarin looks to be the same one that Hasbro has been sitting on since the Iron Man 3 Ironmonger wave. Pepper looks like she looked at the end of the film when she was infected by the Extremis... which is a damned odd choice honestly. It's currently up for preorder on Toys R Us website.

I was able to find the link to Amazon's preorder for Cap and Crossbones here: https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Studi...249&sr=8-5&keywords=marvel+legends+crossbones however I could not find the Iron Man MKVII on Amazon or the Iron Man 3 three pack on TRU. Don't know if I'm just not searching right or what. Anyways, just preordered Cap and Crossbones and according to Amazon they should be out around August 1st.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Those are some weird choices for a box set - and I'd say even tougher sell than previous ones. Hot Rod is a one off armor that got some notice due to being a popular exclusive choice for a while, but Extremis Pepper and fake Mandarin - man, they could've just stuck with office outfit Pepper and a new comics Mandarin and that would have made it an easier sell.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, definitely an odd assortment. Though I doubt it was ever a possibility to get a comic Mandarin out of this set given it's one of the "first ten years of MCU" sets... and this one specifically is meant to homage Iron Man 3 so there's not a whole lot of room to work with there. And, believe it or not, there's been a lot of collectors that have wanted Trevor Mandarin ever since this figure was supposed to be released in the Iron Man 3 Ironmonger wave so there's that too. Myself I'd have rather seen retooled versions Iron Patriot and Iron Man MK XLII with updated articulation and a Pepper in her office look. Though, on the plus side, we now have a sports bra torso Hasbro can use....????? :peoples: 

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Ah I was thinking along the lines of where they weren't sure it was part of that line - but it probably is. As for the sports bra torso - I dunno, doesn't it seem like a regular body where they just painted a sports bra over it? An office body would've been great - especially if the body was compatible with other female heads like Silk's, Mary Jane's or the Jean Grey Phoenix ones.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    YES dot matrix face printing too! Now I don't regret missing out on that Abomb wave Scarlet Witch due to stupid casepacks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Oh, and look at this, the price on these retail ML exclusives is up to MSRP...

• Like Like x 1
  7. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    So this confirms, more than just the 6 Anniversary sets, possibly one for every movie. And that this line is designed to get new molds out. So another Loki is looking to be out of the question, and Thor 2's box is likely Malekith and Thor.

My wallet may yet be safe.

8. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky I want more cosmic MCU

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It seems that a number of figures in the MCU 10th anniversary line might be all those villains from the film's that never got made or released. Crossbones, fake Mandarin, I wonder if we might get a big Iron Monger or an MCU Red Skull? Malekith would be a good choice. How about a three pack MCU Warriors Three?

9. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    That's a likely candidate for a Thor 1 pack if we get one for every movie.

Iron Man

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for doing this! I was able to order both. Greatly appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  11. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    No problem! Toys R Us has all three (IM3, Avengers, Civil War) up for pre-order as well. I'm seeing a report on Reddit that the pre-orders are BOGO, but I haven't seen the promotion for myself. At any rate, they're all different prices, so if you get Cap and Iron Man, you're spending 50 bucks to save 13. Probably better off using Prime shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Just got in a preorder for Cap, Crossbones, & Iron Man with Amazon.

Really like the looks of the Iron Man 3 three pack but I'm not going to preorder it just yet, can't imagine the price for a three pack if a two pack is 50 alone.

13. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    70 USD my friend. They were kind enough to spare us the 5 dollars.

14. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    You have the toys r us link?

I can’t find the vision Wanda pack.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  15. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    The Vision Wanda pack hasn't been announced in any official capacity. It was rumored, then last night somebody found like five in a Canadian Toys R Us. Of course he isn't an MCU collector so he didn't get them :mad 

Toys R Us links here: MCU 10th anniversary Figures up for Pre-Order • r/ActionFigures

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Ah

17. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

current Magneto, 90's bishop and sabertooth, doc ock and others just shown on Marvel FB live....i was trying to stop buying legends.....

18. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    When you say current, do you mean the Black and Red?

19. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

yes,

20. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Ah. Good. Saves me 20 bucks. It will be easy to repaint to Marvel Now in the future though.