The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

So it appears that the new IW Cap does still have double elbows (glad I was wrong), but it definitely has a new bicep joint construction. Mostly I'm irritated that the wrap on Cap's left arm is sculpted on, i.e. it's there even when you use the included un-gloved hands. It also means far more work if you want to use the rolled up sleeves in any kind of custom.

Avengers-Infinity-War-Marvel-Legends-Captain-AmericaIMG_857113__scaled_800.jpg

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still doesn’t look like Evans. E253AD82-DCAE-497E-AEE3-196A68E41716.jpeg

3. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Honestly, it looks like Cap from one of the many comic stories in recent years where Cap is stuck in an alternate future/dimension/universe away from civilization, and thus has no choice but to grow a nicely trimmed beard. Definitely not Chris Evans, but I can see some modern Cap fans liking it.

I just want the lower arms... the rest of the figure is useless to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Honestly, the old Doom is pretty much perfect. Just remold to give ankle articulation and IMO a cloth cape, he would be perfect.

While not always a fan of cloth capes, characters like Doom, Moon Knight, and Magneto are perfect for them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    You know, I thought the leg for Rhino from Ghost Rider would be the hard part to find, but the arm that came with Superior Venom is actually a lot harder...

6. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    MVIMG_20180209_154841~2.jpg MVIMG_20180209_154134.jpg MVIMG_20180209_153146.jpg MVIMG_20180209_155216~2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hasbro one or toy biz? Both are outdated to me, especially the Hasbro one with the elbros and ball single jointed knees.
    Yea Evans must've not wanted his likeness on that figure so Hasbro opted for Joey Fatone from NSYNC

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah Superior Venom (and his BAF part, by extension), are a lot harder to find for a decent price. I bit the bullet and got a MISB off of eBay about a year and a half ago, and $27 was the best I could manage back then. Perusing eBay quickly, it looks like it's not dipped much since then.

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Hasbro one. I just don't need that super-articulation for Doom. But that's just me.

Rather just see a small rework of what they gave us than a complete ground up project.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    $27 isn't too bad, actually. There's a bunch on there now with BINs around $80 (!!!)

11. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol!!

12. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I made my decision to buy Rhino only when I stumbled onto a Superior Venom. Granted, I grabbed Ghost Rider right when the wave came out.

Ghost Rider was honestly easier to find than Venom, though. I must have seen about 2-3 Ghost Riders for every Venom over the course of that wave's tenure.

The Hasbro one may have outdated articulation, but damn does it look good (the Epic Heroes one, at least).

As much as I would love a more articulated Doom, I have my doubts that it would look as nice.

I decided to pick up the caped Black Panther after striking out on finding anything I wanted/needed at Walgreens. Very nice figure, especially considering it's pretty much all reused parts.

13. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I dunno man that one had 45 degree hips with no thigh swivels, instead it had single ball jointed knees. So when moving the legs all the way up, the inner thigh was always facing upwards. I've never liked the articulation on that, it's very similar to what Hasbro uses for their "super articulated" 3.75" Star Wars figures.
    I have no doubt in my mind that a new one would look better. Case in point? Doom is from the same wave as their 1st Namor. Compare the new Namor to the 2007 Namor and 10 years made a huge jump in quality all around.

14. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sure, but the new Namor also reuses a lot of parts, and I'm not sure how many existing parts can be used for Doom. Also, the Epic Heroes release of Doom is a lot nicer looking than the Fantastic Four wave one, with it basically being a "High Definition" retooling of the figure (darker, more realistic colors, added texture to the "cloth" and "leather", better paint for the unmasked head, etc).

Don't get me wrong, when they do make a new Doom I'm absolutely gonna buy it. But it's gonna need Angela or Mysterio levels of care to compete with the Epic Heroes one for the main spot in my collection.

15. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since ya'll were talking about BAF / Big Ass Figures....

These are BAFs that have come out since I started collecting. Out of all of them, the only ones that can't fit in a package, in the same manner as Groot, are the bold ones. The rest either can fit normally or by removing their legs.
    *Indicate I have not seen them in hand so I really can't judge properly.
    ^Due to his hands, he might not fit in a single box.

Ultimate Green Goblin*
    Groot
    The Allfather
    Hobgoblin
    Thanos
    Hulk Buster
    Ultron
    Rhino
    Absorbing Man
    Onslauht
    Giant Man
    Juggernaught
    Dormammu
    Space Knight Venom
    Abomination
    Sandman^
    Titus
    Warlock*
    Mantis
    Vulture Wings
    Gladiator Hulk
    Man Thing

Okoye
    Lizardman
    Sasquatch

Thanos
    Apocalypse

16. LORD MARVEL

LORD MARVEL THE WARRIOR

Ebay:
    copped
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Nice! This is a case where I wish the Black Widow figure was just a repack of the Vintage one. At least this will give extra head options for that when when I do open it.

18. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I don't know, this version of BW looks way better to me than the vintage one (although I prefer the vintage noggin). She's a tad shorter, but a little thicker, not so gangly. Actually looks like she's wearing clothes, not just a painted-on body suit. Doesn't look like she's so thin that she's going to come out of the package all warped by default. I like her. I hope they use this mold for some single-packed figures in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    This one looks better to me since it has more new tooling, like a new head and upper torso(looks new to me). Vintage Widow has the Mary Jane head from the TRU 2 pack. This new one has a new head and the optional Mary Jane head.

Wow looks like 12" xforce deadpool has the same oversized masked head as the 1st release.

20. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

The bike Widow doesn't look bad, I just almost always prefer classic looks. A combined version with the zipped down top and gold bracelet and belt would be cool.