The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Back-half of the outback era is pretty much if not close, entirely in the first Lee omnibus.

It's everything where the third omnibus ends up til fall of the mutants that is very patchy.

Personally I started with tailend of Australia all the way thru AoA. It was around Onslaught when for me that I lost interest.

Got back on board when kitty, Peter, and Kurt returned, and wolverine stopped.being feral.

Stayed with them until bendis butchered the franchise with AvX.

Edit: I'm glad to see that Claremont's second run is an omnibus. Always wanted it to be collected.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah, when they unceremoniously dumped Claremont for other writers, the coherence went away. The X-books were all over the place.

You're right, I forgot about the Claremont/Lee Omnibi (oddly named because the first volume has more Silvestri than Lee artwork in it). I have both of those volumes and just completely forgot! (they've never been released in smaller TPB collections for some reason). And the JRJR stuff has been fully collected in "epic collections" (i.e. Masterworks v10, The Gift, and Ghosts) but not Omnibus/HC form. Go figure.

So yeah, the whole Outback era has been collected. Not all HCs are currently in print, but it may be possible to find a gently used version, and the issues are all available digitally via kindle, comixology, and Marvel Unlimited.

The Fall of the Mutants HC collects Uncanny X-Men 220-227, X-Factor 19-26, and a bunch more
    The Inferno Prologue HC collects Uncanny X-Men 228-238, X-Factor 27-32, and a bunch more
    The Inferno HC collects Uncanny X-Men 239-243, X-Factor 33-40 and a bunch more
    X-Men by Claremont & Lee Omnibus V1, collects Uncanny X-Men 244-269 plus extras
    X-Tinction Agenda HC collects Uncanny X-Men 270-272, X-Factor 60-62, New Mutants 95-97 and more
    X-Men by Claremont & Lee Omnibus V2, collects Uncanny X-Men 273-280; X-Factor 63-70; X-Men (1991) 1-11 and more (this volume really isn't part of the outback era per se, but it finished out Claremont's time and really caps his initial run on the whole franchise)

This time period DEFINITELY needs some ML love!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Best MCU armors for me are
    • MkI
    • Mk42
    • Mk43
    • Hulkbuster
    The rest have some sort of hindrance that bothers me or 45 degree hips which I hate on armored figures.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Did Claremont have anything to do with the Jim Lee era? I always hear conflicting things about that.

5. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Oh if we're talking about figures, I don't think there are any winners. At least Invincible has a waist joint.

6. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

He had been the writer on Uncanny for over a decade when Jim Lee started doing pencils. Then as Lee (and other artists) became uber-popular, they all started wanting to write too. McFarlane got his own Spidey book, and so they created the adjectiveless X-Men title to showcase Lee. Technically Claremont wrote the first three issues of that title, but I think he was already being shown the door. In a funny twist, Lee only penciled less than a dozen issues of the new book before leaving to found Image. So they suddenly didn't have the author or artist, and things went south pretty quickly with new writers and the very green Kubert brothers trying to ape Lee's style.

But back to your question, Lee's Uncanny run was plotted/scripted by Claremont, but the last 7-8 issues of adjectiveless were not. Many think that Claremont got a raw deal and that Marvel got what it deserved a short time later.

• Like Like x 4
  7. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky I want more cosmic MCU

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I fell down the MCU Iron Man armor hole. I've been wanting to build a Hall of Armor display. I've got enough armors, I just need to start laying out how I'm going to do the build.

8. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean while we're still waiting for a MCU Vision

9. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I always hear people talk about the Outback era with much fondness, but I started reading comics in 93-94, which was much later.

A lot of those collected books, especially the Inferno Prologue, are out of print and pretty expensive. Maybe I'll pick it up on Comixology sometime ...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't normally buy these, but totally has to put the Ray Coffin head on Cosmic Spider-Man and pair him with Baron Karza!

[​IMG]

Captain Universe was created in the pages of the Micronauts to fight Baron Karza, after all!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. LORD MARVEL

LORD MARVEL THE WARRIOR

Ebay:
    Picked up MS Gladiator Hulk today. Dont sleep on this figure. Fits well with ML and the detail is very good on him. One of the best MS ever made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BAF vs MS

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

MS looks infinitely better.

13. Dao

Dao Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Hasbro needs to stop FB_IMG_1517465145092.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    This is the year that Marvel Legends makes me broke :lol 

15. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just posted this on Toyark and gave you credit... hope you don't mind.

16. Dao

Dao Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I don't but its not my pic anyways haga

17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...#%! This is one time when I wished my source was wrong...I wanted Thanos with his full battle garb...not the bald headed one.

But to be fair, it's not known (yet) if that's how Thanos will appear throughout the movie.

18. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So.. it’s a movie with practically every MCU hero and there are only three of them in this wave?.. Will they ever learn?

19. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Out of 2 waves, they will only have 5 MCU figures. The second wave only has Ant-Man and Wasp as MCU figures (So far announced). I guess you can count it as 6 if you include Thanos.

Anyways, if they put too many MCU figures in any wave, including the MCU wave, you will have tons of "comic" collectors bitching about how they should have put half of it as comic figures and how Hasbro fucked up and should have put some in there because no one will buy an all MCU wave ect, ect, ect.

They will also start complaining about how Hasbro hates "comic" collectors because they left them out of a single wave or two. It's like the "comic" collectors can't give us MCU collectors a wave. It's not like they don't get several other waves with no MCU figures at all or at least that is my experience after reading these boards and reddit. YMMV.

20. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Given that it will likely be one of the biggest, if not the biggest movie of the year, that stores have already got placeholders for the Avengers figures coming, you'd think they'd just point blank, say "Look, we're making figures for the movie. It's a big deal, live with it." And give some proper MCU waves. Then go full comic for another few to appease the little bitches who do nothing but complain anyway. (It's not the look I was after, it's not the costume detail from this artist I wanted, I want the figure but I want to wait for clearance, Why does the BAF part come with some figure I don't like/know and skip the version that I've got four of already? Why doesn't this figure come with as many accessories as another figure with a different budget? etc.)

• Like Like x 2