The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not sure, only saw Black Bolt in person a few times, not long enough for me to notice.

Storm isn't as popular at the moment.
    The Venom Legends listing, was that for wave or 1 figure, anyone remember?

I want a new Nightcrawler, the hips on my TB one are very funky.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Out of place or no?
    MVIMG_20180130_213811.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

When Storm headlines three monthly titles and her own movie franchise, I'm sure you'll get Storm figures by the wheelbarrow... ;)  (I don't even like deadpool, but I can't blame them for striking while the iron's hot...)

I'm sure eventually we'll get a GS Storm and/or Jim Lee Storm, but the punk deco is far and away my fav, so anything beyond that one is just gravy to me. I wouldn't mind an outback-era storm where her mohawk isn't in full swing, but the sides of her head are still bare. Like so... Damn, I need that whole team!

Uncanny X-Men V1981 #233 - Dawn Of Blood (1988_9) - Page 3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

HA HA, is Storm wearing a white suit or black suit in the photo? ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, pretty sure he's on the Bucky Cap body like half the male Legends. If so the hexagonal peg hole has always been there. Initially fpr shield storage and later for capes, wings, etc.

Supposedly it's going to be a full wave released around August.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    If I'm not mistaken, it's meant to be a metallic dark silver or black suit - and the white is meant to give it that metallic sheen.

Yeah a Classic Colossus would be nice, it'd fit in to several eras of X-Men team line-ups. I actually think Hasbro won't be able to replicate Toybiz's super articulation, but I think I'd be fine with a new Nightcrawler that has Pizza Spidey's articulation.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

It's supposed to be shiny black, but the crazy white highlights are to show just. how. shiny. Gotta remember, this was in the 4-color, pre-photoshop days. Texture rendering and reflections by hand were hard AF!

8. Dcoleman44

Dcoleman44 Well-Known Member

My favorite x-men lineup and era.

9. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky I want more cosmic MCU

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just checked it on my Black Bolt, comparing him to Cyclops from the Cyclops/Phoenix 2-pack. They are the same buck and Cyclops has the same hole on the back. It fits the peg that is on Cap's shield to store on his back.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Yea Iron Man looks too bright there(accurate to the book) to fit in with MCU figures. If it resembled Adi Granov's late 2000's armor depictions(more maroon than crimson red) and had gold instead of yellow, maybe.

I do want to pick up that Iron Man eventually, clean sculpt and that range of motion is impressive. After seeing the BP wave in person I think I'm probably going to end up with the whole wave.

That Killmonger figure pretty much sold me.
    That's fine I didn't like the TB Nightcrawler hips which felt very weird on mine. Good call on the pizza spidey body.

11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I keep hearing people talk about this era, yet, very little of it has been collected. It would be nice if Marvel would hurry up and do some more omnibuses to cover all of this so I can see why the hubub is about.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, its meant to be a wave. The problem with my sources is that they only recognize the more popular ones like Venom but won't know the exact cast.

For example, they didn't know who the Warlock BAF was so they would ask some of their customers who it was. For them, they felt that he looked similar to Blackheart but he was too cartoony - face-wise.

Some of them (sources) would also ask customers if whether the line-up is good as in profitable. So far, my picks have been spot on so...

The cool thing is that my sources would actually get to see the (not all) figures (final or prototype?) and will decide whether to bring them in. I think the ones that caught us off-guard was BAF Abomination being released.

I think Emil was the first (Arch Angel's colour variants were too different) SDCC ML to be released in regular line that was almost unchanged in terms of colour. However to be fair, the Abomination's colour scheme has always been green!

After the Abomination leak, I felt that Hasbro would start reissuing SDCC MLs with colour changes - which made sense business wise. Example, Hela, Medusa and Black Bolt...I think Enchantress was a straight reissue?

Oh yeah, the reveals aren't done in my country but somewhere within the region.

Yeah, the TB's Colossus' articulation was superb but mine has a loose ab crunch problem which I was told is common...

• Like Like x 2
  13. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I don't want to fall down an Iron Man hole, but he does stand out a little. You're right, it's the colors, bot the sculpt. Doesn't help that all my other MCU figs are muted, no Witch, no Cape Thor.

I probably won't break the streak by getting the Mark 50 unless it was this same articulation scheme. I'm holding out for a Mark VII next year in the A4 wave.

14. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Personally, the MCU IM armour rabbit hole is too deep a hole (and an expensive one) for me to fall down in.

Dunno about the comic side of things though. I own the ANAD IM and i am very much content.

15. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Exactly. Fortunately, I haven't liked any of the "Second Generation" suits from Age of Ultron on. Flattening out the brow really wasn't a good idea.

I think I like the lines of the VI best, but the VII is more likely to get a new figure.

16. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

You can get quite a bit of it in the big hardcovers.

The Fall of the Mutants HC collects Uncanny X-Men 220-227, X-Factor 19-26, and a bunch more
    The Inferno Prologue HC collects Uncanny X-Men 228-238, X-Factor 27-32, and a bunch more
    The Inferno HC collects Uncanny X-Men 239-243, X-Factor 33-40 and a bunch more

It's the back-half of the outback era that's woefully under-collected, where they introduce Jubilee, and revisit the reavers and siege perilous. I'm still waiting on the omnibus(i) that bridges the gap between Scott and Maddie's wedding and the Mutant Massacre. To be honest, I have all of that in single issues, trades, essentials, custom-bound books, and digital... so it's not like I don't have the opportunity to read it... but I'm a sucker for the big hardcovers :) 

But the outback era is the golden age as far as I'm concerned. X-Men was at it's peak from a writing and art standpoint (Silvestri > Lee... yeah, I said it ;) ), and it'll always be the gold standard by which I judge all other X-Men. Colossus was badass, Havok had the moral high-ground on his brother, Storm was a confident leader without being a condescending princess, Psylocke wasn't a damn ninja, Rogue wasn't Gambit's plaything, Dazzler was.... relevant, Wolverine wasn't invincible, and the world thought they were dead, so they were largely left alone by the greater hero community. It made for very tight, compelling stories. Characters from that time will always be atop my ML figure want-list.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  17. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I have to agree with you there. I came onto the books a little before the outback era...late JRJR issues. I enjoyed some of the early 90s issues but after that I felt the wheels just came off.

18. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Back-half of the outback era is pretty much if not close, entirely in the first Lee omnibus.

It's everything where the third omnibus ends up til fall of the mutants that is very patchy.

Personally I started with tailend of Australia all the way thru AoA. It was around Onslaught when for me that I lost interest.

Got back on board when kitty, Peter, and Kurt returned, and wolverine stopped.being feral.

Stayed with them until bendis butchered the franchise with AvX.

Edit: I'm glad to see that Claremont's second run is an omnibus. Always wanted it to be collected.

19. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah, when they unceremoniously dumped Claremont for other writers, the coherence went away. The X-books were all over the place.

You're right, I forgot about the Claremont/Lee Omnibi (oddly named because the first volume has more Silvestri than Lee artwork in it). I have both of those volumes and just completely forgot! (they've never been released in smaller TPB collections for some reason). And the JRJR stuff has been fully collected in "epic collections" (i.e. Masterworks v10, The Gift, and Ghosts) but not Omnibus/HC form. Go figure.

So yeah, the whole Outback era has been collected. Not all HCs are currently in print, but it may be possible to find a gently used version, and the issues are all available digitally via kindle, comixology, and Marvel Unlimited.

The Fall of the Mutants HC collects Uncanny X-Men 220-227, X-Factor 19-26, and a bunch more
    The Inferno Prologue HC collects Uncanny X-Men 228-238, X-Factor 27-32, and a bunch more
    The Inferno HC collects Uncanny X-Men 239-243, X-Factor 33-40 and a bunch more
    X-Men by Claremont & Lee Omnibus V1, collects Uncanny X-Men 244-269 plus extras
    X-Tinction Agenda HC collects Uncanny X-Men 270-272, X-Factor 60-62, New Mutants 95-97 and more
    X-Men by Claremont & Lee Omnibus V2, collects Uncanny X-Men 273-280; X-Factor 63-70; X-Men (1991) 1-11 and more (this volume really isn't part of the outback era per se, but it finished out Claremont's time and really caps his initial run on the whole franchise)

This time period DEFINITELY needs some ML love!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Best MCU armors for me are
    • MkI
    • Mk42
    • Mk43
    • Hulkbuster
    The rest have some sort of hindrance that bothers me or 45 degree hips which I hate on armored figures.

• Like Like x 1